Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

36 minutes ago, Jas said:

If we are really desperate to sign Haaland, what's stopping Dortmund - regardless if they budge or not -  from really milking that desperation to get more money out of us like say 200 million instead of 150 million?

Also, if we really need to raise cash by selling players to buy Haaland or whoever, what's stopping potential buyers of those players from just backing out, not paying what the club want until they lower the price etc? 

Dortmund are capped by want they can demand. I think they're serious about £150m but I cannot see them starting to ask for £200m because of the buy out next season. If we offer £150m then that is the best offer they'll ever get as it is only 10.5 months before the clause kicks in.

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Dortmund are capped by want they can demand. I think they're serious about £150m but I cannot see them starting to ask for £200m because of the buy out next season. If we offer £150m then that is the best offer they'll ever get as it is only 10.5 months before the clause kicks in.

But what if they really stick with their stance but try to see how far we're willing to go with the offer? 

Also while Haaland doesn't seem opposed to the idea of joining us, from his camp and Raiola's perspective, them leaving next year would be better from a financial POV. That 100 million or whatever the difference is in the transfer fee, they can get clubs to use that and pay them more in wages, agent fees etc. It's somewhat telling that they don't seem to be pushing for a move or making any sort of noise.

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I don't want Lukaku so any news on him being 'untouchable' is good news to me. 

Hope we get him now! 

14 minutes ago, Jas said:

But what if they really stick with their stance but try to see how far we're willing to go with the offer? 

Also while Haaland doesn't seem opposed to the idea of joining us, from his camp and Raiola's perspective, them leaving next year would be better from a financial POV. That 100 million or whatever the difference is in the transfer fee, they can get clubs to use that and pay them more in wages, agent fees etc. It's somewhat telling that they don't seem to be pushing for a move or making any sort of noise.

Hope we get him now! 

Of course, it is their perogative, they can do what they want. I have outlined elsewhere that their value on him is probably based on a number of intangibles and know we have a weak hand. 

Personally, from having seen enough transfers there has to be a limit where the deal becomes too good to refuse. £150m seems like that sort of region; although i could be wrong. 

I mean, they may just not want to sell whatever, at which point you can say, what if we offer £200m and they ask for £1bn? 

As for Lukaku, if your happy to see us with a CF whose first touch is as bad as his, then I am not sure what to say 😅

Edited by King Kante

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Personally, from having seen enough transfers there has to be a limit where the deal becomes too good to refuse. £150m seems like that sort of region. 

But this is Dortmund, who have a history of selling players for lesser money by holding onto them for another year and yes, I'm aware the difference in money is larger in this case but still.

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

As for Lukaku, if your happy to see us with a CF whose first touch is as bad as his, then I am not sure what to say 😅

I just want to see the outrage and chaos!

tenor.gif?itemid=4351333

27 minutes ago, Jas said:

But this is Dortmund, who have a history of selling players for lesser money by holding onto them for another year and yes, I'm aware the difference in money is larger in this case but still.

I just want to see the outrage and chaos!

tenor.gif?itemid=4351333

Oh, for sure, Dortmund are a nightmare to deal with. However, fundamentally they're a well run club financially so I am sure there is a cut off point. My guess is that the €175m/£150m sounds like it is in the right ball park, imho. 

I have always said, even when the links got strong four or so weeks ago, this is a 40-50% chance at best as Dortmund won't do it unless it is completely in their favour as they have proven with Lewa etc before. That 40%-50% also decreased weekly now the Euro's are over as the more time passes the more difficult it becomes to get players in and settled for the new season. 

Haha, fair enough! 

It could go either way. There isn't a lot of transfer noise, which kind of makes it sound like we are focusing on the right targets. It could be done in a month, ready for him to start Prem in September. It could also lead to nothing, and a scramble for him next year. That leaves us without a striker and short of depth. I'm guessing option 2 is to address the depth but the board has a bad record with these types of signings. 

29 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

It could go either way. There isn't a lot of transfer noise, which kind of makes it sound like we are focusing on the right targets. It could be done in a month, ready for him to start Prem in September. It could also lead to nothing, and a scramble for him next year. That leaves us without a striker and short of depth. I'm guessing option 2 is to address the depth but the board has a bad record with these types of signings. 

Yeah, what ever happens we should under no circumstances buy 'squad players'. If we end up short just use youth or some of the loan rangers. 

Feck buying new Drinky's or Baka's. Have enough of those as it is. 

I also do not buy narrative that it is now or never. Reliable journos said that he is open to Chelsea. Why would not he choose us next summer?

If that is the case AG on loan would not be the worst move.

Thank the Lord Lukaku is hell bent on staying at Inter. 

I don't think we should turn our noses up at A GRIEZMANN joining on loan. That could be a shrewd move. His physicality could be a problem though and I think the way we play, we need Haaland but Haaland unfortunately does not need us.

2 hours ago, Jas said:

If we are really desperate to sign Haaland, what's stopping Dortmund - regardless if they budge or not -  from really milking that desperation to get more money out of us like say 200 million instead of 150 million?

I don't think Dortmund would be stupid enough to let greed get in the way of receiving double of next season's fee. The rumoured €150m fee is what they are holding out for, so the ball is effectively in our court; cough up or move on.

Ironically I expect all our attackers to step up next season... Puli, Hakim, Timo, Kai... But can our defenders keep it at this level? Silva and Azpi are veterans. Rudi and Chris have difficult contract situation...

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ironically I expect all our attackers to step up next season... Puli, Hakim, Timo, Kai... But can our defenders keep it at this level? Silva and Azpi are veterans. Rudi and Chris have difficult contract situation...

They are going to perform the best in their lives because they want higher wages. By December we will be competing for the title and they will be compensated. 

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Dave is fine at 32. He has never been a player that used he speed to defend. There are plenty of CB's who where still playing at peak levels between 32-35. Silva will need to be managed but he is a Rolls Royce of a player so that is fine. AC and Rudi do need sorting; I am confident on AC re-signing however Rudi is a bit more questionable as he will be looking for absolute top dollar owing to his age. Zouma is also here at the moment, and whilst I am not a big fan of his, he is fine as a CB4/5. 

Additionally, we also have Sarr and Ampadu who can playing the depth level CB5/6 role if the club want them too and that is before we get to James who is looking more and more likely to end up a RCB in a 3 than a RWB. 

That leaves us with: 

Silva, AC, Dave, Rudi, Zouma + James and one of Sarr/Ampadu if desired. 

Imo, CB is a area that will need to be looked at next season but for this coming one we need to prioritise sort a CF before all else. After that it will then require looking at:

1) RWB1/2 (maybe Liva or Zappa can do that job if James is kept primarily as a RWB)

2) GK2 

3) CM (I still have massive issues with our lack of goals from this position.) 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I also do not buy narrative that it is now or never. Reliable journos said that he is open to Chelsea. Why would not he choose us next summer?

If that is the case AG on loan would not be the worst move.

Same type of player as Havertz.