Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Quite mad how youngsters are now looking to leave considering we have more academy players in the team/squad now than ever before. Seems pay related from the outside going by that logic, but who knows.

Most likely concern over a playing time.

Last summer was just a stream of good Chelsea news. Linked with loads of top players and eventually signed a bunch of them. It was transfer muppet paradise.

This summer it’s the opposite. Nobody can afford our deadwood that we need to get rid of, our youngsters are stalling on new contracts, we are showing zero urgency to make needed signings, and worst of all we’re seeing our two closest rivals last season United and Leicester move quite aggressively to dramatically improve their sides.

Can we get some positive Chelsea transfer news? 😂😂😂

I’d be livid if we hadn’t just won the CL. That basically soothes any anger for this summer.

1 hour ago, DH1988 said:

Quite mad how youngsters are now looking to leave considering we have more academy players in the team/squad now than ever before. Seems pay related from the outside going by that logic, but who knows.

Probably think the Lamptey route is more realistic. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Last summer was just a stream of good Chelsea news. Linked with loads of top players and eventually signed a bunch of them. It was transfer muppet paradise.

This summer it’s the opposite. Nobody can afford our deadwood that we need to get rid of, our youngsters are stalling on new contracts, we are showing zero urgency to make needed signings, and worst of all we’re seeing our two closest rivals last season United and Leicester move quite aggressively to dramatically improve their sides.

Can we get some positive Chelsea transfer news? 😂😂😂

I’d be livid if we hadn’t just won the CL. That basically soothes any anger for this summer.

I'm relaxed purely because I believe we have a good enough squad and more importantly an elite coach. The factors that had us down in 4th last season were almost as unique as the factors that has us down 10th in 2016. Our CL run shown the true quality of this squad and coach, very very few teams win it without relying on some luck at some point (even 2011 Barca were a better Bentdner touch away from going out).

United on the other hand can sign whoever they like, Ole won't be outsmarting all of Klopp, Tuchel and Pep over 38 games.

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mental how we are still feeling the affects of that disastrous 2017 window. 

I'd say we've recovered relitevely well all things considered.

Liverpool took 7 years and a genius manager to fully recover from Dalglish's hatchet job, United are still feeling the effects of the Moyes era and Arsenal likely won't recover from the final years of Wenger for a decade minimum. 

8 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Unless it's a loan, which I'm not sure that the club are willing to accept it, West Ham supposedly can't even afford £30 million for Lingard. So, not sure how they will afford to pay the £40 million for Abraham. Matt Law has also previously said that West Ham don't have a lot of money now and they need to sell to buy. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I'm relaxed purely because I believe we have a good enough squad and more importantly an elite coach. The factors that had us down in 4th last season were almost as unique as the factors that has us down 10th in 2016. Our CL run shown the true quality of this squad and coach, very very few teams win it without relying on some luck at some point (even 2011 Barca were a better Bentdner touch away from going out).

United on the other hand can sign whoever they like, Ole won't be outsmarting all of Klopp, Tuchel and Pep over 38 games.

I admire your confidence and agree with most of what you said. But Ole may not even need to “outsmart” these elite coaches. He’ll have such a quality side at his disposal that United are a lock for top 4.  

Leicester last season fell agonizingly short last season because they simply couldn’t deal with their lack of quality depth. They look to have solved that already with a few great signings.

So yes, having TT in for a whole preseason and at the start of the PL season will be a huge boost, but we still don’t have a reliable, guaranteed goal scorer if we give it a go with the same team. And as we saw last season even with TT we struggled to score many goals even against shit teams.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I admire your confidence and agree with most of what you said. But Ole may not even need to “outsmart” these elite coaches. He’ll have such a quality side at his disposal that United are a lock for top 4.  

Leicester last season fell agonizingly short last season because they simply couldn’t deal with their lack of quality depth. They look to have solved that already with a few great signings.

So yes, having TT in for a whole preseason and at the start of the PL season will be a huge boost, but we still don’t have a reliable, guaranteed goal scorer if we give it a go with the same team. And as we saw last season even with TT we struggled to score many goals even against shit teams.

Top 4 maybe, but there's enough sample size already to see he'll bottle it if they somehow get into the title picture.

I'm not really saying it out of blind hope, I wrote off the title before a ball was kicked last three season's, this is the first time I've believed there to be a chance since 2017.

With our players settled into the league and the confidence of not only getting their first trophy (as a new team) but the biggest one of all I feel if we will at worst be comfortable top 4. It doesn't always work out so simple but Lampard achieved it with a vastly inferior team and Kepa in goal, hard to forsee TT failing.

Also apart from Haaland who would even be a guaranteed goal scorer out there? I'd be willing to bet most if not all (bar Haaland) even semi realistic options scored less than Kai and Werner the year before they came here.

11 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Hope they cough up at least 30m then. Doubt we will get 40m but 30m minimum is a must.

If it goes through then it would certainly indicate we will be buying a CF then. Giroud’s basically almost out the door too. 

Doubtful we will get Haaland because of the talk of €175m so who is it going to be? Kane? Lukaku? Someone else? Or are we going to go through another season with Havertz, Werner and then include Broja (be better going on loan again I think) our CF/striking options and strengthen elsewhere?

Edited by OneMoSalah