Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Only slight thing that worries me in that regard is would our players take being bossed and led by a player fresh from a career in midtable with all respect to BHA? For all the faults of Azpi, Rudi, Marcos etc they're still multitrophy winning players and i imagine the "we've been there and done it you haven't" pulling rank kind of thing will occur when things get tense.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Only slight thing that worries me in that regard is would our players take being bossed and led by a player fresh from a career in midtable with all respect to BHA? For all the faults of Azpi, Rudi, Marcos etc they're still multitrophy winning players and i imagine the "we've been there and done it you haven't" pulling rank kind of thing will occur when things get tense.

If those lot are gonna show that kind of attitude, then they should be binned immediately. Plus, the likes of Rudiger and Alonso don't have much leg to stand on given they have been the problematic defenders in the team. 

Also while we need a strong defender in the backline, we can't just rely on that one person. The backline needs and should be working as a unit. We may have had someone like JT marshaling the defence but he also had Ivanovic, Cole for example. It needs to be a collective responsibility rather than just individual responsibility. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

A leader is a leader ... doesnt matter if he/she has won things or not, it is how he/she leads the team. If Dunk has that leadership quality then it wouldnt take him long to rally the team and lead them as well. There are many players who have won trophies but they arent good leaders and vice versa. Team would always follow a strong leader. 

I always mentioned that Rudiger is a good leader but I stand corrected, The one leader we have is Azpi. 

No links at all to a lad who is very high on my wish list at the moment; at least as high as Havertz. Still, there are stories about Jorgi and N'Golo moving on which would at least make room for him. Germany seems to be the place to go shopping at the moment.

21 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No links at all to a lad who is very high on my wish list at the moment; at least as high as Havertz. Still, there are stories about Jorgi and N'Golo moving on which would at least make room for him. Germany seems to be the place to go shopping at the moment.

Who?

On Reguilon...

https://global.espn.com/football/soccer-transfers/story/4153115/chelsea-in-advanced-talks-with-real-madrids-reguilonchilwell-deal-stalls-sources

Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilon is in talks to join Chelsea, with discussions already at an advanced stage, sources have told ESPN.

The defender, 23, has attracted interest from a number of top European clubs after impressing in La Liga this season on loan at Sevilla.

Chelsea's No. 1 left-back target this year has been Leicester's Ben Chilwell, but negotiations have proved difficult. Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Inter Milan had all made inquiries about Reguilon this summer, but multiple sources have told ESPN that Chelsea are now favourites to land him.

Discussions are ongoing as to whether the deal would be a loan move or a purchase for a fee of around €25 million.

The Real Madrid youth product broke into the first team in the 2018-19 season with Santiago Solari as coach, replacing the veteran Marcelo in the starting XI.

When coach Zinedine Zidane requested the signing of Ferland Mendy from Lyon in the same position last summer, the decision was taken to send Reguilon to Sevilla on loan.

He has emerged as one of the best full-backs in La Liga this year, becoming an undisputed starter under former Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui, and helping the team finish in the Champions League places.

Sevilla were also keen to keep him, but sources have told ESPN the player prefers to test himself with a new challenge in the Premier League.

Reguilon is now represented by Kia Joorabchian -- agent to Philippe Coutinho and Willian among others -- who is leading talks alongside Reguilon's long-term adviser Borja Couce.

Frank Lampard has been keen to find a left-sided alternative to provide competition for Marcos Alonso, with Chilwell previously the leading candidate.

Like Alonso, Reguilon is known for being a fiercely competitive character, as well as for his attacking instincts, pace and final ball.

2446135_20200804025811.png

2446135_20200804030040.png

2446135_20200804030159.png

what a bargain if we're really pursuit Reguillon,,from the stats both of Reguillon and Chillwel didn't have much difference. this is truly upgrade Alonso on fast & better deffending version. and we have a good transfer relationship with Madrid too,,maybe just like Kovacic with loan and option to buy. the other fact,,Reguillon agent is Kia who handled Willian,,should be easy one to finish....

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sky said Chelsea joined a queue of clubs. ESPN is saying talks are at an advanced stage. ESPN is a bottom tier source except for articles by Mitten, Dawson and Ogden (Going by the reddit transfer rumor reliability guide)

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Denis Zakaria?

[emoji4]

Seems to be linked with everybody but us.

We were already linked with him. According to Christian Falk, the most reliable German journalist, he is in our short list. I guess we rate Rice more than Zakaria because Rice is english and a leader

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk