Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The owners deserved the criticism they have received for the recruitment so far. But I have to give them credit, they are not shy about signing checks to go after who they want. Biggest overall signing in sports history for the Dodgers. How many owners would pull the trigger on that deal? There is no way that says chasing profit: That is chasing titles.

Yep, I don't think there's anything to doubt the intention of the owners. But their data models have thrown up some terrible players. 

Linked us with moves for Raphinha, Kimpembe, Edson Alvarez and led us to players like Noni, Mudryk, Jackson and Disasi. Of all the players their data has linked us to I can only think of Cole Palmer and Gordon at Newcastle who have been good in the last 12 months.

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Yep, I don't think there's anything to doubt the intention of the owners. But their data models have thrown up some terrible players. 

Linked us with moves for Raphinha, Kimpembe, Edson Alvarez and led us to players like Noni, Mudryk, Jackson and Disasi. Of all the players their data has linked us to I can only think of Cole Palmer and Gordon at Newcastle who have been good in the last 12 months.

No one wanted Gordon. No one wanted to keep Jorgi. No one wanted Lukaku. 

But now we act like they are playing awesome and the board made a mistake. Reality is - the starters we have out there are mostly players that people here wanted. 

I can go back now to the threads saying "finally a proper number 9 who fights hard" for Jackson.

Fans have wanted a model of consistent football style, youth promotion, and a semblance of growth within the club - and now that an ownership team is trying to do it, and hasn't turned it around in a year - everyone is saying buy more, buy better, change it up, we just need to win. Why can't anyone let things marinate? 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

But now we act like they are playing awesome and the board made a mistake. Reality is - the starters we have out there are mostly players that people here wanted. 

I can go back now to the threads saying "finally a proper number 9 who fights hard" for Jackson.

Fans have wanted a model of consistent football style, youth promotion, and a semblance of growth within the club - and now that an ownership team is trying to do it, and hasn't turned it around in a year - everyone is saying buy more, buy better, change it up, we just need to win. Why can't anyone let things marinate? 

I think the 22 summer and 23 January window signings barring Enzo and Badiashile were disasters.

Signings in the summer of 23 were better and managed to greatly reduce the wage bill but we still need serious quality attackers.

Part of the reason why I had faith in Jackson, Disasi was I thought that the board have hired the best possible football people now and so they'll at least not get things spectacularly wrong. I am not too sure anymore. That trust is gone

Players like Jackson are just complete stop gaps, waste of time even buying them. They have a heart the size of a pea and don't have the mentality of say a Harry Kane to change clubs, and countries and go and completely smash it like he has done. Jackson won't score another ten goals this season but 1, he is just woeful and 2, he should be playing for a Bournemouth.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Why would anyone "let things marinate"?   We are trending downwards, already at 12th spot and who knows where we will finish at the end of the season. 

The problem isn't youth promotion, it's the fact that we can't consistently score against decent opposition (who know how to drop deep and make it hard for us). 

I see other teams with youngsters in their lineup and they are not afraid to take the game to the opposition, we seem more interested in recycling possession than trying to attack the opposition with the talent we have at our disposal. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Players like Jackson are just complete stop gaps, waste of time even buying them. They have a heart the size of a pea and don't have the mentality of say a Harry Kane to change clubs, and countries and go and completely smash it like he has done. Jackson won't score another ten goals this season but 1, he is just woeful and 2, he should be playing for a Bournemouth.

Come on.. We are absolute shite, most of our players are playing shit and our manager is a horse shit but you have to be fair when you criticize.
Jackson is young and in very bad form but he actually has elite potential. 
His movement with the ball, technique and speed is there though not for the moment since the whole club and all players are a mess.

I just dont understand why we keep playing like we do?
We have incredible pace and counter-attack potential in the team but we insist on hugging the ball, passing around and do jack fucking shit with it since we lack the player-types to play this kind of football, at the moment. 

We should fall back with the whole team 10-20 meters and invite the opponents to have more ball and to go higher up with their players. 
Mudryk, Jackson, Palmer, Sterling etc. would thrive if we played proper and well thought out counter-attacking football.

Edited by Costa19

9 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Come on.. We are absolute shite, most of our players are playing shit and our manager is a horse shit but you have to be fair when you criticize.
Jackson is young and in very bad form but he actually has elite potential. 
His movement with the ball, technique and speed is there though not for the moment since the whole club and all players are a mess.

I just dont understand why we keep playing like we do?
We have incredible pace and counter-attack potential in the team but we insist on hugging the ball, passing around and do jack fucking shit with it since we lack the player-types to play this kind of football, at the moment. 

We should fall back with the whole team 10-20 meters and invite the opponents to have more ball and to go higher up with their players. 
Mudryk, Jackson, Palmer, Sterling etc. would thrive if we played proper and well thought out counter-attacking football.

You will never ever convince me that Jackson is anything close to elite- I manage an under 12's side and my striker is more dangerous than him.

Jackson showed more fight at Full Time than he did all game. Gutless, like the rest of them.

Only we could turn a world cup winning midfield maestro into a fucking cart horse.

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

You will never ever convince me that Jackson is anything close to elite- I manage an under 12's side and my striker is more dangerous than him.

Jackson showed more fight at Full Time than he did all game. Gutless, like the rest of them.

Only we could turn a world cup winning midfield maestro into a fucking cart horse.

I never said that Jackson is elite level at the moment.
I said that he has the tools and potential to become elite with his technique, pace and on-ball movement. 

Im also very curious about what match attending supporters are thinking and speaking about on the matches because this drop off is insane.. How can even Boehly or Eghbali dare to visit the Bridge? They would literally speaking get banned physically from attending the games by the supporters here i Sweden. They would have to take a secret way like a underpassage in to the arena to attend the games.. And if they somehow managed to sneak in they would be verbally insulted and chased away lol.

19 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

I never said that Jackson is elite level at the moment.
I said that he has the tools and potential to become elite with his technique, pace and on-ball movement. 

Im also very curious about what match attending supporters are thinking and speaking about on the matches because this drop off is insane.. How can even Boehly or Eghbali dare to visit the Bridge? They would literally speaking get banned physically from attending the games by the supporters here i Sweden. They would have to take a secret way like a underpassage in to the arena to attend the games.. And if they somehow managed to sneak in they would be verbally insulted and chased away lol.

I'm really not seeing what you are, I'm seeing a middle of the road striker, not scoring goals and a manager who doesn't trust him

If these American wrongers continues buying ''wonderkids'' in January we are done , killed .

Take elite players with mentality , names   that Chelsea deserve . After they 1bn spend  for nothing everyone laugh   on Ted Lasso and Eggsplant they dont know football how works . Chelsea is nowhere near about the truth 18 months later with these cowboys .

probably one of the worst managements of a club that I remember

story tell us that who spend a lot of money soon or later archive some sucess

even newcastle with a smart investment got top4 one season after fighting for relegation. even us or city before guardiola had nice archivements 

probably TB and his fucking board are the worst I ever see 

1 hour ago, milka said:

yeah Arsenal is our benchmark and blue print  for success no matter that they are bottlers and they didn't see a real  trophy since 20 years 

They were outside the top 4 and have built themselves into a consistent side. Have made the right moves in the market year on year. They are a blueprint at the moment.