Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

49 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

L'equipe's article was along the lines of right now giroud exit is blocked because we have not signed a replacement.  Mertens is dead in the water, even Fabrizio Romano said no.

Cavani he is my number 1 but i dont see it.  If it was me though, i'd do the deal.  offer 20m euros plus bonuses (or Giroud)

So we either move on or Giroud has to stay.   

Even though i think it just wont happen and said so a few posts back, our board sometimes likes the cheap and cheerful route - so dont be surprised if its fucking Slimani on loan

Zero chance (good thing) on Slimani. His entourage is a nightmare and Leicester would never loan him to us anyway.

6 hours ago, Nicco said:

Poor guy, got a single chance to impress, took it like a champ only to never be seen again, Lampard is fair with his players as much as Mason deserved to start this season.

The situation with Lamptey is a funny one. If he hadn't been used in that Arsenal game, would people even bother with him deciding to leave? 

From Lamptey's perspective, he probably knows he won't get ahead of James in the pecking order and he doesn't want to play second fiddle in the long run. It's also probably good he goes elsewhere because you know, he won't have to take shit from people when he suffers a dip in form...

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Cavani is not dross. We also did not do jack fucking shit at LB.

We miss out on CL and the all-round fallout will pale in comparison to what coughing up an extra 5m or so on Cavani to ram it through would have cost.

The lack of movement at LB is goddamn CRIMINAL given the great options out there NOW, in January, and the in-demand status for the two plonkers we have now.

So sick of excuses made by some for this thoroughly cuntish SIBNEFT mafia board. The club (other than commercially and then the mercenary loan programme) is run for shit. If we had not gotten lucky with the academy, the future qould be truly dire, it is utter delusion to think otherwise. Hundreds of millions shit away in a myriad number of ways, plus, surely no new stadium, as the permits soon expire.

Yes but the Cavani deal was way too complicated and as good as he is, was it worth it though? AS newspapers had an article on why the Atletico Madrid deal failed - the fee was 18M and his salary was 30M over the next two and a half years. That is 12M per year. Still his agents wanted a piece of that, too and their huge demands made Atletico back off from the deal. 

Good player but these numbers are way too much for a 33 yo centre forward. I mean that is Lewandowski in his prime type of salary. 

It is not like Chelsea is a January deal or two away from winning the UCL this season, all it is left now is a top 4 finish and signings or not, the chances are good as United are dog turd and there is a six pointer coming soon v a Kane less Spurs. As a matter of fact the next two matches at home are probably going to define this season, win those and top 4 should pretty much in the bag. 

49 minutes ago, Mana said:

Also I looked back a couple of pages and again with people saying "I'd rather risk not get any player in this window that is crap like Drinkwater!" among these lines.

On paper, that sounds awesome. If it was just the paper, I would be backing your statements. But it's not. It's a "banging my head on the table" and funny at the same time. Why?

1) Banging head - Let me remind you, this squad is currently NOT good enough for top 4. Especially now that Abraham could be on the verge of getting a long injury. Who's going to score the goals for us? Willian? Bats? Giroud? Do you really want this top 4 to go from our hands?

2) Banging head - You are letting the board off the fecking hook again with this excuse. Poor scouting, poor planning. But if they bring someone in, even if it's just to get ourselves over the line for top 4, at least you can say they tried.

3) Banging head - "What's the point of Giroud <> Slimani/Cavani/whatever?" Well, for starters, maybe Lampard sees something with those players? And maybe we will see them have more appearances than what Giroud is getting, hence giving Abraham more rest? I'd rather have them play than Bats that's for sure.

4) Banging head - WHO is to say we will smash it in the summer? There is NO God given right that we will do it. We need a LB (urgently), RW, a better CB and backup CF & RB. You trust the board to get these done next summer without signing any duds? (which leads me to the last point)

5) Funny - You guys keep on mentioning Drinkwater, which it's mind-boggling because we signed him in the summer. He was a SUMMER signing, not a January one. So you are not helping your case bringing his name up.

I am comfortable with doing nothing. I know top 4 looks like a fight but I'd not risk signing another player that we'll have to flog later. Of all the deals done in this window, only a few like Olmo, Haaland and Minamino look appealing. 

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

As long as Azpi is our Captain Leader Legend, it would have been hard for Lamptey anyway. I expect Azpi to be a starter til the end of next Season.e

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Not a chance he is the main RB next season, and every game Lamps trots him out at LB is a partial capitulation.

He is strictly a squad player starting next season, if not, we will pay a hard price.