Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

It'd be nice if one window we identified a need, a player to solve it and were decisive about signing him.  We come across as unprepared almost as if we're caught by surprise the transfer window is even open.  Do we not have a scouting department watching players in other leagues, specifically players that are signable and would be a fit for the managers system?  This one is even funnier since we fought to overturn the ban to ultimately do nothing. 

If we had brought in a CF or a LB in January I would've been happy.  Shift Giroud or Alonso in the process.  There's a wide margin between not overpaying for a player and being complete penny pinchers.  Like in the scheme of things if we paid an extra 10-15M for Dembele and he helps us achieve CL that's money well spent.  We had a need, missed the summer window and there's a January 'tax' of doing business.  But we need CL football.  Ok that's it for me on this. 

Big fixture tomorrow...come on you Blues!!!

giphy.gif

Just now, Jason said:

You're right but how about making sure we don't look vulnerable at defending set pieces? How about making sure we don't look like conceding every time a cross comes in? How about making sure our attacking play amounts to something more than dumping crosses into the box via James? How about making better use of whatever resources we have? Inconsistency was to be expected of this side given what we had to begin the season with but we went through a good period earlier this season where we played good stuff and were winning games. So, how about Lampard try to use his management skills to get us right back on track? Our problems won't be solved entirely with signings if, for example, we continue to look vulnerable in defensive situations. 

I agree on all that you just said, that is on Lampard to sort out

I just hate to see him not get proper tools in the only 2 positions I desperately wanted for this window

I was not asking for anything much, and yet we failed on that even

I do think he needs to use Giroud a lot more, as we are now stuck with him

Bats is pure pants

22 minutes ago, Mana said:

Most of the players aren’t coachable. That was obvious in the first part of the season.

You're right. Some players are just bad. But I'm talking about our problems in general. I mean, every time we have to defend, we look like conceding especially with crosses. Every time we attack, it amounts to nothing more than dumping crosses to Abraham or god knows which other short player on the far side to score these days. Why? Lampard needs to re-evaluate things during the upcoming break because while we have some bad players in the team, like half of the problems we have comes down to coaching. 

26 minutes ago, Mana said:

And more problems will creep up. I don’t expect these kids to maintain this level of fitness throughout the season especially when CL returns. In fact they are slipping right now.

If we're being honest, who expects us to beat Bayern? Get knocked out early and we can solely concentrate on the Premier League and maybe the FA Cup as well. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I agree on all that you just said, that is on Lampard to sort out

I just hate to see him not get proper tools in the only 2 positions I desperately wanted for this window

I was not asking for anything much, and yet we failed on that even

I do think he needs to use Giroud a lot more, as we are now stuck with him

Bats is pure pants

His use of Giroud and Pedro really. For example, since a lot of teams sit back against us, why don't we try to use Giroud upfront and have the others play off him? As you said, Batshuayi is so USELESS as a backup. Doesn't do anything apart from scoring!

I hope he re-evaluates the squad again and try to make better use of them, although I'm not holding out much hope after his response about Giroud earlier.

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

When I have calmed down I will respond to this correctly. I have also bookmarked it for when things go wrong in the coming months and injuries to Tammy and Co surface.

The injury to Tammy would be an issue if we let Giroud leave without bringing in another option. That would be pure madness and I would be raging then.

I'm sure once the options for Cavani and Mertens weren't happening, we still could have secured a loan deal for another striker, but would we have found one as good as Giroud or Batshuayi? There's been links to us, Spurs and United for Slimani! If we're talking this level then you might as well stick with what you've got. Like I've said before, Lampard needs to find a way or have more confidence in giving opportunities to Giroud for the rest of the season.

Or we go and buy a striker who we maybe could get this window but Lampard and the club aren't 100% on. That's the recipe for long term pain over short term gain when we're stuck with another striker come the summer that we'd probably rather move on than keep alongside Batshuayi, and potentially hindering any other pursuits. I'd rather we're buying a player challenging Tammy for the number 1 spot, not Batshuayi for the number 2 spot.

not just inept
they took it out on Giroud
over Conte besting them
Inter were literally the only team who rates Moses, so that was a no brainer
but Giroud is another creature
plus there is a strong hatred of Deschamps too because of Kante
so I see this as a cheapshot at him as well (not that the fuckstick doesn't deserve it)
So petty. Goes to show how messed up some people within the club are (Lampard throw into the mix too).

About to face Bayern in the CL and people have already given up on that just like the board have in this window. A club of this size with Lampard in charge, a proper club legend who has spoken to them about what he wants and they still do not deliver. On top of this we are fighting for the top 4 with people speaking like it's ours, and we don't buy a single player with all that Hazard money in the bank? And people aren't worried or bothered if injuries happen?

It's fucking crazy, and to put things into context, we are one injury away from Batshuayi leading our line....For fucks sake.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

We never had a chance with Cavani, did we? 

Best start praying we have a 2014/15 summer... 

I posted over and over that Cavani said it was 100% Atletico or bust, whether this window or on a free in the summer

his mum confirmed this

I also said from the beginning that Mertens was going nowhere, that it was all bullshit contract games

I do not expect anyone to take my word as gospel, but I do feel vindicated on those 2 players

IF Tammy goes down in the next 4 games and is out for multiple weeks or longer

we are going to struggle to qualify for the EL, let alone the CL

at that point it is either ram in Giroud or go to false nine

strictly as an example, Bats leading the line over the next 17 games (assuming it is Victimpool in the FA Cup) tempts fate in terms of losing at least 65% of the remaining games overall

even with Tammy playing in all it is going to be a huge slog if we drop the next 4

lolol

SOUTHAMPTON IN TALKS TO LAND MADDOX ON LOAN

https://readsouthampton.com/2020/01/31/southampton-in-talks-to-land-maddox-on-loan/

snip

This seems like a strange deal, given that Maddox had his loan at League One side Tranmere cancelled earlier this month. He only managed one appearance for the club before having his loan cut short, suggesting that he was unable to make an impact in League One.

If he is not able to play regularly at League One level, why would he be able to make the step up to the top half of the Premier League? Last season he played 38 games as an attacking midfielder for Cheltenham in League Two, registering just one goal.

Taking all of this into consideration, and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Jame Ward-Prowse both being in the top four for WhoScored ratings in the Southampton squad, this move does not add up. His stats in League One and League Two do not suggest that he is of the required level to improve Southampton’s team or even get regular minutes in the side.

1 minute ago, coolhead23 said:

We should have attacked Marian's house as well ... Worked for United :ph34r:

oh, yes, go attack a state mobbed-up Russian's house

that will end well

:ph34r:

ask

Boris Berezovsky what happens when you fuck about with the old SIBNEFT mafia

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

If we had a decent Summer then I would have agreed. However, we're on our knees in a number of positions so if the right player was not avaiable we should've got a stop gap. 

No way, I had enough of stop gap and big wages. 

We stick with what we got. It's the best thing. If you can't get your players don't buy no more. That's why our team is so mediocre. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I know you're trying to make a joke but that situation with Ed Woodward wasn't funny at all. I mean, that was really taking things too far. 

It is obvious ... it's stupid to attack anyone forget Ed Woodward. It's terrifying to be honest. 

And my apologies if I hurt anyone, it's just a joke. a bad one maybe now