Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

22 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Good I'm glad we didn't buy stop gap. 

We done that for many seasons. 

Seems like the club is learning! :yay:

If we had a decent Summer then I would have agreed. However, we're on our knees in a number of positions so if the right player was not avaiable we should've got a stop gap. 

Really well done Chelsea what a fucking blinder you have played here....Fought like fuck and paid the best lawyers in the land thousands and thousands to win a case and not to act on it.

This clubs naivety knows no fucking boundaries what so ever, really well done.:clap::clap:

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

And some on here and around will still say we will be fine.

I don't think anyone doesn't feel like the team needs improvement, that is quite clear that we need 3 or 4 quality additions and our younger players (and manager) to gain more experience and development before we're in any position to start pushing the top 2.

But if we've identified targets that both the club and Lampard agree on moving for and they're impossible to pull off this window then I don't see why you'd move away from that just because it's an opportunity to bring someone in.

If we went and brought Zaha for £80m now, people would be losing their shit that we've done that just because he was attainable and questioned why we haven't waited to try and get Sancho, or looked at a better option than Zaha who could move in the summer (say a Grealish for example).

It's a small sample size to be able to draw conclusions from but after the horrendous 2017 summer window (and the following January not much better) with a scattergun mentality that we're still suffering from, the 2018 summer window was done in a much better and thoughtful manner. Obviously no player is a guaranteed success (we could buy Sancho and he flops playing in England) as we've found with Kepa but the club over the last 18 months seems to have realised that the better way is to buy quality over quantity with our budgets and our stance in this window, for me, can only be seen as further proof of that.

The Higuain deal last January was a temporary measure. In prior years we would have ended up buying a player like him and been lumbered with him for the next couple of seasons thereafter. From what it appears we've tried to find a similar option this window to help us for the rest of the season and it's not happened. If the only way of picking up a Mertens or Cavani was to buy them for £15-20m and give them an 18 month or 30 month deal then I can fully see why the club decided against it.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think anyone doesn't feel like the team needs improvement, that is quite clear that we need 3 or 4 quality additions and our younger players (and manager) to gain more experience and development before we're in any position to start pushing the top 2.

But if we've identified targets that both the club and Lampard agree on moving for and they're impossible to pull off this window then I don't see why you'd move away from that just because it's an opportunity to bring someone in.

If we went and brought Zaha for £80m now, people would be losing their shit that we've done that just because he was attainable and questioned why we haven't waited to try and get Sancho, or looked at a better option than Zaha who could move in the summer (say a Grealish for example).

It's a small sample size to be able to draw conclusions from but after the horrendous 2017 summer window (and the following January not much better) with a scattergun mentality that we're still suffering from, the 2018 summer window was done in a much better and thoughtful manner. Obviously no player is a guaranteed success (we could buy Sancho and he flops playing in England) as we've found with Kepa but the club over the last 18 months seems to have realised that the better way is to buy quality over quantity with our budgets and our stance in this window, for me, can only be seen as further proof of that.

The Higuain deal last January was a temporary measure. In prior years we would have ended up buying a player like him and been lumbered with him for the next couple of seasons thereafter. From what it appears we've tried to find a similar option this window to help us for the rest of the season and it's not happened. If the only way of picking up a Mertens or Cavani was to buy them for £15-20m and give them an 18 month or 30 month deal then I can fully see why the club decided against it.

When I have calmed down I will respond to this correctly. I have also bookmarked it for when things go wrong in the coming months and injuries to Tammy and Co surface.

19 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I don't think anyone likes seeing Azpi play LB nor is anyone satisfied with that position. We haven't had anyone good enough to play there since Ashley Cole. The club spent a lot of money but never got it right(Luis, Baba, Alonso, Emerson). The least we need is yet another failure. The other problem we face is that you need to offload players in order to sign others. Selling either Alonso or Emerson for a decent fee in january would be very difficult. The club no doubt wants Chilwell, and I wouldn't mind it.

Regarding Dembele, Lyon was never going to sell him. he's their main source of goals and they're trying really hard to qualify for UCL. They never sell their top players in january anyway. They didn't even allow Tousart to leave before the summmer window and he's average.

The club spent way too much money over the years on third and fourt choices, panic buys etc. We need to get it right not add more deadweight. Buying in january will do just that. Also I don't think we need to toss out 400 millions. the squad isn't that bad but some positions are in a dire need to be fixed especially LB and GK.

Obviously, it all depends on UCL qualification. It's going to be nearly impossible to land our top targets if we don't make top 4 but I don't feel there were many players available this month that could improve us. 

(Luis, Baba, Alonso, Emerson).

I never rated any of them

Marina cocked up on Alex Sandro, then Telles over multiple windows

there are others out there we could have made a serious effort with

Gosens (and we had Emerson or Alonso as makeweight)

or Grimaldo

thsi summer we really need to try and prise Theo Hernandez away from Milan as well as pick one of the other s and finally dump the dregs

we are already losing valuation quick on Alonso, soon he will be worth less than half of the £45m we turned down from RM on him in 2018

Inter offered 35m for him, which was our public price, then Marina said 45m or no deal, which is the same shit she pulled in 2018 with RM, wen they met our 45m price, then she said 44m or no deal

she can fuck right off

but I am sure we will go all out for the £80m Chilwell (who is not worth 80m IMHO) and if we fail there will give up and keep what we have

same old bullshit

as for Dembele, Lyon DID buy another decent striker (Karl Toko Ekambi), and we also had 2 to offer as makeweight if they wanted another

money talks, bullshit walks

colour me utterly sick of this clownish board

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I didn't think we'd have a window worse than those before it.

Forcing someone to stay because Marina & Co are inept.

not just inept

they took it out on Giroud

over Conte besting them

Inter were literally the only team who rates Moses, so that was a no brainer

but Giroud is another creature

plus there is a strong hatred of Deschamps too because of Kante

so I see this as a cheapshot at him as well (not that the fuckstick doesn't deserve it)

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

good luck coaching Bats, Giroud (a very pissed off Giroud), Alonso, Emerson, Azpi-as-LB, Pedro, and a declino, contract sulking, walking on a free Willian, plus a very out-of-sorts Kante, AND invent creativity where it doesn't exist, all up to a level to win against equal or better teams plus not cock-up against dire desperate low block clawers

You're right but how about making sure we don't look vulnerable at defending set pieces? How about making sure we don't look like conceding every time a cross comes in? How about making sure our attacking play amounts to something more than dumping crosses into the box via James? How about making better use of whatever resources we have? Inconsistency was to be expected of this side given what we had to begin the season with but we went through a good period earlier this season where we played good stuff and were winning games. So, how about Lampard try to use his management skills to get us right back on track? Our problems won't be solved entirely with signings if, for example, we continue to look vulnerable in defensive situations.