Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Frank Lampard happy to risk being left with just two strikers as he prepares for Olivier Giroud departure

Lampard said Chelsea do not “necessarily” need to find a replacement for Giroud before allowing him to leave, even though the Frenchman's transfer would leave him with only Tammy Abraham and Michy Batshuayi as recognised strikers in his squad.

This is from January 10th and I agree. We do not need three strikers.

Chelsea to continue hunt for a striker until end of window after Dries Mertens bid was rejected as they turn to Edinson Cavani after his move to Atletico Madrid collapsed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7949683/Chelsea-continue-hunt-striker-Mertens-bid-rejected-turn-Cavani.html?__twitter_impression=true

I still think we can get Cavani. 

Two strikers I think is fine if we had a hybrid player capable of playing as the front man if needed. (for example he wasn't great doing it and didn't like it but at least previously Hazard could play there at a push) I don't believe we have anyone capable of filling that role in the squad at present which does leave us short, especially when Bats clearly isn't fancied and as a result Tammy is playing week in week out with little chance to rest.

That is part of the reason why I could understand the links to Mertens because I think we could quite comfortably sign him on an 18 month deal at least and still target another striker in the summer. Being able to play across the whole front line will still provide Mertens with a role next season and leave us much stronger from a depth perspective.

Jadon Sancho warned over Borussia Dortmund conduct amid Premier League transfer links

The England star has been tipped to head home to the Premier League in the summer, but he has been told to keep his Dortmund conduct in check before he does

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jadon-sancho-warned-over-borussia-21397902

Serie A giants agree sensational £10m deal for Championship rising star

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/serie-a-giants-agree-sensational-10m-deal-for-championship-rising-star-antonee-robinson

AC Milan have reportedly agreed a £10m fee for Wigan Athletic rising star Antonee Robinson

The three-time Champions League winners and 18-time Serie A champions have been linked with a move for the youngster throughout the January transfer window.

A new report from Sky Italia suggests that there’s been a breakthrough in negotiations for the 22-year-old left-back, who will officially seal his move from the DW Stadium to the San Siro on transfer deadline day for a fee of approximately £10m.

The USA international, Milton Keynes-born, has made 30 appearances for Paul Cook’s Latics this season after signing from Everton in the summer for a fee of just £1.3m.

Serie A giants Milan, who have suffered something of a fallow period in recent years, are eighth in the table and look set to miss out on the Champions League qualification again this season.

Following the success of Dan James at Manchester United and several former loanees making the step-up at Chelsea, there are suggestions that Milan scouts are regularly watching Championship teams in a bid to unearth the next young available talents, with the move for Robinson appearing to confirm their shift in strategy.

He’s likely to come in and replace Ricardo Rodriguez, who has just left for Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven, in Milan’s squad.

Theo Hernandez, who has scored six goals from defence this season, will likely remain the first-choice option with Robinson set to be his understudy going forward.

snip

7 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Jarrod Bowen to Palace.  How long until Zaha to Chelsea resurfaces?   People sticking 2 and 2 together to make 5

not a done deal

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/30/newcastle-target-olivier-giroud-chelsea-jarrod-bowen-hull-striker-hunt

46 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we lost Lamptey

great window

Poor guy, got a single chance to impress, took it like a champ only to never be seen again, Lampard is fair with his players as much as Mason deserved to start this season.

17 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Poor guy, got a single chance to impress, took it like a champ only to never be seen again, Lampard is fair with his players as much as Mason deserved to start this season.

Meanwhile, multiple offers for the dregs Alonso (who is rapidly devaluing due to age) and Emerson,  yet neither sold, no class LB brought in (multiple were available), and on top of it all, Lamps will trot out the out of position woeful (as a LB) plowhorse Azpi there game after game, turning the left side into an offensive black hole.

#noclueorpuregaslighting

Olivier Giroud 'might refuse to turn up to Chelsea training on Friday as he struggles to force a move away from Stamford Bridge' with Lazio and Inter Milan circling the striker 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7950035/Olivier-Giroud-refuse-Chelsea-training-Friday-struggles-away.html

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Olivier Giroud 'might refuse to turn up to Chelsea training on Friday as he struggles to force a move away from Stamford Bridge' with Lazio and Inter Milan circling the striker 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7950035/Olivier-Giroud-refuse-Chelsea-training-Friday-struggles-away.html

He'll go massively down in my estimations if he does that. I don't like this idea that players think they can just go AWOL and/or act up to force a club's hand.

I understand his frustration but I didn't hear him complaining when he was signing an extension to his contract last summer on big money.

This sort of behaviour is the exact reason why Hazard left with the fan's blessing and will be forever loved around these parts, whilst Courtois tarnished any sort of legacy he may have built here and will be firmly reminded of that by Chelsea fans if we ever cross paths.

Let's hope Oli has a bit more professionalism not to stoop down to this level.

17 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He'll go massively down in my estimations if he does that. I don't like this idea that players think they can just go AWOL and/or act up to force a club's hand.

I understand his frustration but I didn't hear him complaining when he was signing an extension to his contract last summer on big money.

This sort of behaviour is the exact reason why Hazard left with the fan's blessing and will be forever loved around these parts, whilst Courtois tarnished any sort of legacy he may have built here and will be firmly reminded of that by Chelsea fans if we ever cross paths.

Let's hope Oli has a bit more professionalism not to stoop down to this level.

He didn't sign an extension last summer, we had another year option which we took, he had no way to refuse it. Lampard has treated him like shit because of his vendetta with Deschamps.

19 minutes ago, Nicco said:

He didn't sign an extension last summer, we had another year option which we took, he had no way to refuse it. Lampard has treated him like shit because of his vendetta with Deschamps.

Fair enough but the point still stands regarding respecting a contract. If a player wants to dig his heels in and stay at a club there isn't a great deal a club can do to force him out so it should never work the other way. I think it's highly disrespectful and often seems to be the "go-to" option when they can't get their own way.

I've mentioned before that since teams have started sitting deep against us and forcing us out wide and into crossing positions more regularly that Giroud would be a better plan B than Batshuayi, but I highly doubt Lampard would sideline him purely because of a 'vendetta' against Deschamps. The way we were playing in the first part of the season in my opinion was a blueprint for how Lampard wants this team to evolve and it was pretty clear then that Giroud would struggle for a role in this team.

5 minutes ago, communicate said:

What is our blueprint? 

With regards to offensively, the energy and intensity he wants our attacking players to play with. The ability to press hard and high up the pitch to win the ball back, and players capable of running in behind defences.

Certainly not to the degree that was on show against United and Leicester where players tired after an hour and the lack of cohesion in our pressing was evident, but I think during the run of wins we had, this football was very much on show and I don't see how Giroud would have fitted into that personally.

I do think there should be a role for him right now because Batshuayi offers nothing as a backup and Giroud can at least offer a nuisance and aerial threat now that much of our game is being forced out wide where we're clearly not as strong.

But even then it would only be a short term option. I think if Lampard was to have someone in the squad better aerially than Tammy (which shouldn't really be a question given Tammy's size but he still has a lot of developing to do in this part of his game) he'd still want them to be a far more mobile striker than Giroud is.

18 minutes ago, Mana said:

Nah, you can’t compare Hazard’s situation. Because we’ll never know. Unlike Giroud (so far) and Courtois, we let Hazard decide and he wanted to go. What if the board wanted him to stay into the final year?

(This is why Hazard got no blessing from me)

Of course you can compare Hazard's situation because he wanted to leave the summer before (after the World Cup), he's admitted to that and the club wouldn't budge.

So instead of complaining he knuckled down and was the biggest contributor to us getting into the top 4 last season. Nobody can point the finger at him downing tools last season like somebody like Eriksen has done this season for Spurs knowing he's be on his way out and he certainly didn't pull any threats like Courtois did with regards to refusing to train or play.

The club asked for one more year from Hazard and then managed to negotiate a pretty damn good deal for a player with only one year's contract left. We asked the same of Courtois to stay the last season of his contract and then leave and he wouldn't. Possibly in the same way we may ask Giroud to see out these next 6 months...

L'equipe's article was along the lines of right now giroud exit is blocked because we have not signed a replacement.  Mertens is dead in the water, even Fabrizio Romano said no.

Cavani he is my number 1 but i dont see it.  If it was me though, i'd do the deal.  offer 20m euros plus bonuses (or Giroud)

So we either move on or Giroud has to stay.   

Even though i think it just wont happen and said so a few posts back, our board sometimes likes the cheap and cheerful route - so dont be surprised if its fucking Slimani on loan