Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

And Giroud wants to go from one bench to another in aid of saving his Euro hopes?

C'mon now

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Arsenal have signed 2 defenders? Who apart from Pablo Mari? 

And speaking of Pablo Mari, if we had signed him - a relatively unknown from Brazil - wouldn't people be going ballistic over the club signing yet another unknown/seemingly average player? 

They also loaned Suarez from Southhampton

Just now, Jason said:

The same could be about him going to Inter, Lazio TBF. 

But PSG rotate a lot in Ligue1. Especially with CL back in focus. And they are already champions... So he would play a lot. 

But it's pointless since it's not happening. 

I think we will get Mertens. I see no interest for Napoli to keep him. Their season is over. 

Just now, Atomiswave said:

They also loaned Suarez from Southhampton

Soares, you mean? The deal isn't even confirmed. Even then, don't tell me you wouldn't be going mad if the club signed Soares, who is hardly wow? It's like us signing Drinkwater!

It should already tell you something when Arsenal, despite all their bad slump at the moment, had to "shop" from Flamengo & Southampton, Spurs had to look for players from the Eredivisie (players going to the Premier League from the Eredivisie don't exactly boast a great record of success) and get someone who fell behind Adel Taarabt in the pecking order at Benfica on a loan deal. It's just basically hard to sign someone quality in the January transfer window. 

As much as I'm frustrated that we aren't doing anything (or haven't done anything) in this window, I'm also not overly pissed either if means we stop wasting money on duds. I'd wait till the summer to see what the club have in store for the long term. We are definitely taking a risk here but I'd wait and see rather than going all miffed over the club not signing players for the short term. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He'd be rotating with Immobile & there's been talk of other moves too.

Maybe but Lazio are only in one competition left - Serie A. They're already out of the cups. So, not sure how much rotation Inzaghi will be doing for the rest of the season. 

56 minutes ago, milka said:

Dries Mertens wants to sign for the Blues but the discussions between the two clubs are moving slowly.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia is leading the pursuit for Mertens and is considering making a better offer of €10m on Friday to secure the signing.

[ESPN]

10 mil for an injured 32 years old LOL

Just read Inter are back in for Giroud... 

We must have someone coming in, I fully believe the mertens story is one to push along negotiations with another club. Something tells me richarlison, as Everton seemed to release a bit of fake news too. 

5 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Just read Inter are back in for Giroud... 

We must have someone coming in, I fully believe the mertens story is one to push along negotiations with another club. Something tells me richarlison, as Everton seemed to release a bit of fake news too. 

We don't. Mertens and Cavani have fallen through.

I'm sure the club have given Giroud the go ahead in speaking to other clubs, however if no viable replacement is available, the club won't allow Giroud to leave. 

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We don't. Mertens and Cavani have fallen through.

I'm sure the club have given Giroud the go ahead in speaking to other clubs, however if no viable replacement is available, the club won't allow Giroud to leave. 

Frank Lampard happy to risk being left with just two strikers as he prepares for Olivier Giroud departure

Lampard said Chelsea do not “necessarily” need to find a replacement for Giroud before allowing him to leave, even though the Frenchman's transfer would leave him with only Tammy Abraham and Michy Batshuayi as recognised strikers in his squad.

This is from January 10th and I agree. We do not need three strikers.

Chelsea to continue hunt for a striker until end of window after Dries Mertens bid was rejected as they turn to Edinson Cavani after his move to Atletico Madrid collapsed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7949683/Chelsea-continue-hunt-striker-Mertens-bid-rejected-turn-Cavani.html?__twitter_impression=true

I still think we can get Cavani.