Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

53 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I expect summer to be another shit window, we just aren't ambitious enough now to get the right players.

We are slowly becoming a selling club ran by fucking arseholes.

Exactly. If we miss out on top 4 it wont make a difference cause even when we had top 4 we hardly made a impact or managed signings well

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We'll look back at this last couple of weeks come the end of the season when we finish 6th as the moment it all went wrong. 

I suppose it's progress from the club that they didn't panic buy anymore Drinkwater's or Djilobodji's but there was certainly a player or two out there that could e really helped us secure CL football.

To fight like hell to overturn the transfer ban,  have our manager repeatedly suggest we need reinforcements, and then not sign a single player is ridiculous. I feel for Frank.

And some on here and around will still say we will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

And some on here and around will still say we will be fine.

That's like when the transfer window opens and theres little movement..theres time...oh look...its only a week to go. That's my worry summer because it's always the same

I remember for some reason people being told to calm down for Jose last season due to littleactivity. Comments about how it'll means we'll finish in the bottom..we were for a while

Contract situations

walk on frees in the summer

Willy Caballero  (we sign him at 39yo to another 1 year I would guess, and probably not upgrade)
Willian   (£65m loss, will be £75m if we cave in and give in to his demands and renew for 2 years at 200K PW)
Pedro  (5 or 6m losss)
Olivier Giroud  (6 or 7m losss)  
Marco van Ginkel    (horrid luck for the lad)

Kenedy (I can see us renewing him and loaning him out yet again)

Clinton Mola
Jon Russell
Jack Wakely    

Lamptey is undergoing medical with Brighton as I type (£4.5m deal)

contracts expiring in 2021

Michy Batshuayi  (will sell him for peanuts I wager, especially if we wait until January 2021)

Victor Moses (Inter have no obligation to buy)

Faustino Anjorin 
Marcel Lavinier   
Thierno Ballo  
Charlie Brown   
Ian Maatsen 

an absolute tonne of dregs on contracts until 2022. some on the squad, some out on loan, staggering amount of dogshit

I must say I don't really understand the frustration you all feel. There wasn't any good short term option available. United and Tottenham also wanted a striker and failed. Honestly, I'm fine with not signing anyone now if the club has a strategy going forward and will be working on their main targets instead.

13 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Don't worry we are signing.....

HULK 👍

China postpones 2020 football season over virus fears

https://sports.yahoo.com/china-postpones-2020-football-season-over-virus-fears-061053193.html

China announced Thursday the suspension of all domestic football and postponed indefinitely the top-flight Chinese Super League (CSL) season in response to the deadly viral outbreak sweeping the country. 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Soares, you mean? The deal isn't even confirmed. Even then, don't tell me you wouldn't be going mad if the club signed Soares, who is hardly wow? It's like us signing Drinkwater!

It should already tell you something when Arsenal, despite all their bad slump at the moment, had to "shop" from Flamengo & Southampton, Spurs had to look for players from the Eredivisie (players going to the Premier League from the Eredivisie don't exactly boast a great record of success) and get someone who fell behind Adel Taarabt in the pecking order at Benfica on a loan deal. It's just basically hard to sign someone quality in the January transfer window. 

As much as I'm frustrated that we aren't doing anything (or haven't done anything) in this window, I'm also not overly pissed either if means we stop wasting money on duds. I'd wait till the summer to see what the club have in store for the long term. We are definitely taking a risk here but I'd wait and see rather than going all miffed over the club not signing players for the short term. 

I too am waiting what we will do summer time eventhough I have absolutely zero confidence in marina and the board to do good, but still we could have gotten a good LB this window for instance. You dont need to look far and Deep to improve on the dross we have. We need that top 4 badly. We had 30 fucking days to improve the squad but as always we waste so much time.....which more often that not results in us doing last sec panic buys, something we have mastered over the years.

17 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I must say I don't really understand the frustration you all feel. There wasn't any good short term option available. United and Tottenham also wanted a striker and failed. Honestly, I'm fine with not signing anyone now if the club has a strategy going forward and will be working on their main targets instead.

erm LB

there were multiple great options doable NOW

but you may love seeing Azpi trot out there on the wrong side, so far be it from me to quibble

also

if we have tossed another 10 to 20m or so in front of Lyons face, they might have caved on Dembele

this summer he is going to be the subject of a mad bidding war

we may end up paying more then than an extra 10m or 20m now

we shit away 100's of millions in other ways for fun, but do fuckall in term of necessary player investment at crunch time after fighting like rabid dogs to get the ban overturned

we end up missing out on CL after this fail and the damage is compounded

so sorry, not buying this Pollyanna-ish company line bullshit 

finally I have to laugh at people who think we are going to toss out around 400m gross spend this summer

I have meticulously showed that that is what we are looking at if we ONLY deal with LB, DMF, Wingers, and CF and land the targets all think we are landing

that 400m is also with zero action at GK, CB, RB, CMF, AMF

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

We'll look back at this last couple of weeks come the end of the season when we finish 6th as the moment it all went wrong. 

I suppose it's progress from the club that they didn't panic buy anymore Drinkwater's or Djilobodji's but there was certainly a player or two out there that could e really helped us secure CL football.

To fight like hell to overturn the transfer ban,  have our manager repeatedly suggest we need reinforcements, and then not sign a single player is ridiculous. I feel for Frank.

You seem to also conveniently leave out the fact that Lampard has said we won't do panic buys, it's hard to find the right players etc. It's not just about getting the players.

Yeah, our squad ain't great right now but it's time Lampard and co. to get back to the drawing board and get the team back on track. Some of our more obvious problems are fixable through coaching. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Some of our more obvious problems are fixable through coaching. 

good luck coaching Bats, Giroud (a very pissed off Giroud), Alonso, Emerson, Azpi-as-LB, Pedro, and a declino, contract sulking, walking on a free Willian, plus a very out-of-sorts Kante, AND invent creativity where it doesn't exist, all up to a level to win against equal or better teams plus not cock-up against dire desperate low block clawers

55 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Haha!

Us spending big just isn't something we do anymore.

No. I must've dreamt that we broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper the summer prior to the ban and including Pulisic that season spent the best part of £170-180m, and then still managed to find a loophole to buy Kova for £40m during our ban.

Not sure the exact figures but the summer and January in the prior season to last must have been close to a £200m spend too. 

There's a difference between spending big and spending well.

If this is true that there will be no incomings or outgoings then I hope Lampard can see that Giroud's skillset may be an alternative that can be utilised more against these teams that are defending deep through the middle. He is a completely different plan B from the bench which may give opponents something to think about compared to Bats who whilst more mobile, doesn't really offer anything else at all.

Will be important to get through the next couple of weeks and get Pulisic back fit and hopefully RLC after the winter break. Seeing CHO's struggles earlier in the season, I'm not expecting miracles with him but he does offer an extra option and goal threat higher up the pitch.

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

erm LB

there were multiple great options doable NOW

but you may love seeing Azpi trot out there on the wrong side, so far be it from me to quibble

also

if we have tossed another 10 to 20m or so in front of Lyons face, they might have caved on Dembele

this summer he is going to be the subject of a mad bidding war

we may end up paying more then than an extra 10m or 20m now

we shit away 100's of millions in other ways for fun, but do fuckall in term of necessary player investment at crunch time after fighting like rabid dogs to get the ban overturned

we end up missing out on CL after thsi and the damage is compounded

so sorry, not buying this Pollyanna-ish company line bullshit 

finally I have to laugh at people who think we are going to toss out around 400m gross spend this summer

I have meticulously showed that that is what we are looking at if we ONLY deal with LB, DMF, Wingers, and CF and land the targets all think we are landing

that 400m is also with zero action at GK, CB, RB, CMF, AMF

I don't think anyone likes seeing Azpi play LB nor is anyone satisfied with that position. We haven't had anyone good enough to play there since Ashley Cole. The club spent a lot of money but never got it right(Luis, Baba, Alonso, Emerson). The least we need is yet another failure. The other problem we face is that you need to offload players in order to sign others. Selling either Alonso or Emerson for a decent fee in january would be very difficult. The club no doubt wants Chilwell, and I wouldn't mind it.

Regarding Dembele, Lyon was never going to sell him. he's their main source of goals and they're trying really hard to qualify for UCL. They never sell their top players in january anyway. They didn't even allow Tousart to leave before the summmer window and he's average.

The club spent way too much money over the years on third and fourt choices, panic buys etc. We need to get it right not add more deadweight. Buying in january will do just that. Also I don't think we need to toss out 400 millions. the squad isn't that bad but some positions are in a dire need to be fixed especially LB and GK.

Obviously, it all depends on UCL qualification. It's going to be nearly impossible to land our top targets if we don't make top 4 but I don't feel there were many players available this month that could improve us.