Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

he is there for the taking, NUFC are cocking it all up

32e3b803ea9fe1c2f9b3025ed68aade0.png

as a 19yo on a shit team

32bf6cad351d8464a3c055b4073c923a.png

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Yes, please! We already signed one established attacker in Sterling.

Please take a chance on someone who we can groom to become spectacular.

We were linked to him months ago. Wonder what happened.

I saw a link to Leoa eariler. That would be a highly, highly, speculative signing. A sort of here's some money we don't mind gambling away, a last chip on 36 and shut your eyes kind of deal. If we have money we want to spend like that then much, much better to look at Etikike. A clearly better prospect with a much higher ceiling as well as a higher floor. Leoa would be a fools bet, Etitike a thinking man's punt.

I would still want to retain Mando however, and since Kai is going nowhere, signing Etitike in these circumstances would imply the club is ready to give up on Timo.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

4 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

If we sign both Ake and Kimpembe, wouldnt Ake become CB4 again, like he is at City?

If we keep on using 3 CB system then TT can still offer him plenty of minutes on the pitch, especially Thiago cannot play 60 games a season.

Three CB's is a bit overkill even with a three, that will leave us with: 

Silva

K2

Kimp

Akè

Colwill

Trev

Sarr

That is 7 CB's and is before we get to Dave who can play CB. 

Now don't get me wrong Sarr, I do not want to see much more of, but I am really not seeing the logic of Akè as Colwill and Trev are fine as back-ups to the first three. 

My ideal, would still be to get MDL and leave us with:

Thiago, K2, MDL, Colwill, Trev 

In a 3atb, everyone would get minutes, especially with 5 subs. After next season we could then explore if we need a need starting CB to replace Thiago or a back-up one if Colwill/Trev take their chances. In an emergency, James can also be shifted over (which is why I want a 2nd RWB.) 

Edited by King Kante

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Three CB's is a bit overkill even with a three, that will leave us with: 

Silva

K2

Kimp

Akè

Colwill

Trev

Sarr

That is 7 CB's and is before we get to Dave who can play CB. 

Now don't get me wrong Sarr, I do not want to see much more of, but I am really not seeing the logic of Akè as Colwill and Trev are fine as back-ups to the first three. 

My ideal, would still be to get MDL and leave us with:

Thiago, K2, MDL, Colwill, Trev 

In a 3atb, everyone would get minutes, especially with 5 subs. After next season we could then explore if we need a need starting CB to replace Thiago or a back-up one if Colwill/Trev take their chances. In an emergency, James can also be shifted over (which is why I want a 2nd RWB.) 

Problem is that role doesnt seem to be enough for Colwill. So assuming he and Azpi leave and simply discounting Sarr that leaves us with 5 CBs (one of whom is nearly 38) for 3 positions. So i'd say in that case the number of CB signings is correct and necessary. Now if those signings have to include Ake and Kimpembe is another story entirely

Edited by Artandur

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

which clause we have in guehi contract?

not a buy clause but if some team go with a offer, we can match that offer and palace is force to accept

is this?

We can match any offer they accept I think 

Let's see how this all plays out. I think its clear that Boehly has been a busy boy the last few weeks with regards to meetings, enquiries, bids, etc and it looks like we have been working on multiple deals at once which doesn't necessarily mean we'll pull the trigger on all of them.

The Sterling deal has essentially been confirmed as good as done for the last couple of weeks, but the deal to sign Ake doesn't really seem to have progressed. It makes you wonder whether during Sterling negotiations we also looked to get something in place with Ake at the same time but perhaps as an alternative option to what other choices we might have. 

Since the Ake links, we had the strong De Ligt links, then the Koulibaly signing went from what seemed not much more than interest to suddenly everything agreed. Now the rumours of Kimpembe are heating up. I'd be very surprised if it was both, even more so if Tuchel wants to transition to a back 4.

I think it's gonna be either Ake or Kimpembe, not both. Can't see us dropping that kind of dough on both and have one of them be backup... And where would that leave Colwill? Although with this new ownership you never know, for example we probably wouldn't be in the race to sign a 31yo CB on a 4 year contract under the previous ownership.

27 minutes ago, Mário César said:

thiago; koulibaly; kimpembe; chalobah; colwill

I don't think that we need another center back! 

Yep, that's what I would go with. Kimpembe-Silva-Koulibaly as the primary starters in a back three with Trev and Colwill as the rotation options would be fine IMO.

That set of CBs would also be suited to a regular back 4 if needed. At this point I'd be a lot more worried about the lack of depth in wing-back / full-back positions than spending a lot of money on yet another CB.

Really don't care whether the next CB signing is Aké or Kimpembe but ffs the club shouldn't be signing both of them.

6 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yep, that's what I would go with. Kimpembe-Silva-Koulibaly as the primary starters in a back three with Trev and Colwill as the rotation options would be fine IMO.

That set of CBs would also be suited to a regular back 4 if needed. At this point I'd be a lot more worried about the lack of depth in wing-back / full-back positions than spending a lot of money on yet another CB.

Really don't care whether the next CB signing is Aké or Kimpembe but ffs the club shouldn't be signing both of them.

and next season try to rebuy guehi and also livramento 

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

Problem is that role doesnt seem to be enough for Colwill. So assuming he and Azpi leave and simply discounting Sarr that leaves us with 5 CBs (one of whom is nearly 38) for 3 positions. So i'd say in that case the number of CB signings is correct and necessary. Now if those signings have to include Ake and Kimpembe is another story entirely

Well, we as a club cannot keep going down this avenue. At some point we need to keep one and tell him to play his way into the side. When that is achieved it then provides an example. We can't keep having the example be, leave early for a low fee then we buy them back for big fees later. 

Kid has three years left on his contract, so it isn't a Guehi/Livra situation. 

Edited by King Kante