Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

This has given me a little bit of hope.

not sure what gives you hope mate, 0 substance there

I would go even madder at the Ake transfer now it will probably cost us Levi as well but i expended all my rage already.

The ake transfer will fk us in so many ways, spend a ton of money, get a useless player, strengthen a rival who will buy a better player with the cash and now even lose our best CB talent since JT. It's just heartbreaking.

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

how bakayoko is still ours? 

It is amazing how we always have the worst windows after our greatest successes. 2015 after the title was terrible when we singed almost no one and got Pedro in last minute but passed up on Mane. 2017 after our last title was one of the worst windows in history with Drinkwodka, Donkeyoko and crybaby. this still haunts us.

Then last summer, we only made one huge mistake but that one will cost us for ages as well.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

not sure what gives you hope mate, 0 substance there

I would go even madder at the Ake transfer now it will probably cost us Levi as well but i expended all my rage already.

The ake transfer will fk us in so many ways, spend a ton of money, get a useless player, strengthen a rival who will buy a better player with the cash and now even lose our best CB talent since JT. It's just heartbreaking.

At the risk of sounding pedantic it will be the Kimpembe (who only plays in his position) transfer that will likely be what loses him not Ake (who can play in multiple positions).

Also I keep hearing this "strengthen a rival who will buy a better player with the cash" but the main reason Ake struggled for game time is because they have three bonafide world class centre backs (yes that includes Stones) getting in a 4th will leave one of said world class centre backs seriously short of gametime and potentially causing a locker room issue (a City fan signed up to the Shed End and explained the situation in detail on the Ake thread).

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Would be nice if there was some clarity if Tuchel intends on using a 4 at the back this season or strictly 5 and on the occasional 4. 

Sadly I think Colwill is gone. 

I mean, has to be mainly 5, if we're buying 3 expensive CBs

Is Kicker reliable in Germany? Apparently they’re saying Gnabry is closing in on an extension at Bayern. 

Wonder what we do if true? Dembele, Raphinha, and Gnabry all off the table. Leão surely way out of the price range we’d pay. Who’s left for that right wing position? I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head that would really excite me.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Is Kicker reliable in Germany? Apparently they’re saying Gnabry is closing in on an extension at Bayern. 

Wonder what we do if true? Dembele, Raphinha, and Gnabry all off the table. Leão surely way out of the price range we’d pay. Who’s left for that right wing position? I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head that would really excite me.

Lucas Paqueta

Just now, Pizy said:

Yes. Extension was always the most likely. All his best mates are at bayern and they have great interest in keeping him.

if we really buy those 3 defenders and keep playing back 5, we will not even be needing extra wingers. given we will probably only sell ziyech, we still have timo, mase, puli, cho and now sterling for 2 positions.

-----------K2----Thiago----Kimpembe---

Reece-------Kova-----Kante---------Chilly--

--------Mase------------------Sterling-----

-------------------Kai---------------------

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Despite Chelsea's request: Gnabry prefers FC Bayern

Chelsea FC recently knocked on Gnabry's door and expressed interest . Rumors that this step would never be imaginable due to his past at Arsenal are not true. This London rivalry would not be an impediment. But Gnabry prefers - as of now - a long-term future at Bayern.

Knowing full well that it is probably the biggest contract of his career for him in his prime as a footballer. And even a career end in Munich is conceivable.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Yes. Extension was always the most likely. All his best mates are at bayern and they have great interest in keeping him.

if we really buy those 3 defenders and keep playing back 5, we will not even be needing extra wingers. given we will probably only sell ziyech, we still have timo, mase, puli, cho and now sterling for 2 positions.

Kante + Kovacic never works unfortunately. 

Has to be Jorginho + one another. This also leave Gallagher out. 

8 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Lucas Paqueta

He’s not a wide player or forward. Think he’s more of a central playmaker.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Unless Kai takes a huge leap and Mason takes yet another step forward I just don’t think we’d have nearly enough consistent goal scoring with that attack.

We need someone else who can score 15 goals or more. City, Liverpool, and even Spuds all have 3 players who can realistically score 15 PL goals each. That’s what we need.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

With Maatsen and Alonso leaving I'm trying to convince myself he may be tried as an inverted wingback.

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

not sure. we have seen plenty of this dp and it has worked fine IMO. League cup final vs liverpool where we were totally dominant springs to mind.

Can see Gallagher working with either kovacic or jorginho tho