Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, DDA said:

Why is everyone hating on Sanchez. He is a decent gk.

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Maatsen should absolutely be extended and kept. 

Yeah, I don’t get it either. With our new look midfield and a more aggressive, pressing style the goalkeeper should be under much pressure most games. So Sanchez should be more than good enough as our #1 this season.

We just played against one of the most lethal attacks in all of football with Gallagher as the DM and a defense that have literally never played a game together before and Sanchez didn’t have to sweat much after the opening 25 minutes. He had a couple of sloppy passes but that’s to be expected. He showed immediately in that first match with some catches of corners what he gives us that Kepa didn’t.

Not good enough to be number 1 for an elite club which is what we are aiming for. Good number 2 but so was Kepa. And we’ve seen that having a top elite GK is absolutely essential to being successful. I mean people wanted an upgrade on Kepa but Sanchez is hardly that big of one if at all, baffles me.

Look at Arsenal with Ramsdale last season and now arguably again with Raya - not truly elite GKs. Liverpool before Alisson, City before Ederson. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Grew up as a Newcastle fan,when he is london born ,is 18 and been at Chelsea for last 11 years? Hmmmm....

Accurate. His dad is from the North-East. In fact, their whole family are big Newcastle fans, stemming from the grandfather. Playing for our academy has a lot of benefits, compared to joining Newcastle's academy. Much better facilities and development plan. But yeah, his brothers, father and grandfather are all Geordies.

He maybe a Geordie but it is unwise to sell him even at a decent price like 35m. He just signed a 6+1 year contract and we don't know what the situation is with Maatsen's contract talks. A loan would be best for all parties - his value is only going to rise 

9 hours ago, whats happening said:

brighton are buying valentino barco, one of the biggest talents in the world. he's a left back. so i can see us buying him for like 120m in two years 😍

bit out over the skis with the hype on him at this point IMHO

he lacks size and pace

43125456c9bb042b464ab392337b4e31.png

Boca recuperará a Valentín Barco, una de sus figuras | El Gráfico

Wie is Valentín Barco, de jonge linksback die op de radar van Ajax staat?

ID 11493785

Boca perdería a Valentín Barco por una importante cantidad de partidos | TN

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Will be disappointing if the Lavia move led to the Hall sale to raise funds. Would rather have sold Gallagher/Chalobah

I would think the Hall deal isn't related to a potential Chalobah/Gallagher sale.   

Hall's transfer fee would probably go straight to Palace for Olise (if that's still happening...)

If Gallagher is likely to be sold, then that would cover a large part of the Lavia deal. 

5 hours ago, Strike said:

He maybe a Geordie but it is unwise to sell him even at a decent price like 35m. He just signed a 6+1 year contract and we don't know what the situation is with Maatsen's contract talks. A loan would be best for all parties - his value is only going to rise 

35m is alright if it includes future sell-on clauses.   

I prefer a buy back clause than a sell on one. If he explodes up north Newcastle wont sell him. They are super rich and on the up. If he flops what is the point of a sell on. We will pocket up to 5 mil. At the end of the day 35 million pounds sounds reasonable for Hall. 

We should have kept Hall, he has extreme talent and we need Gallagher as well cause we don't have another player with his all round attributes, I admit he does lack a bit of ball creatively but not many players do have that,  Mount had zero creatively but was still a regular. We need players that give 100%, a  💯 percent times.

I know Cucurella is terrible but am I missing something with Hall? He was ok but nothing spectacular last season, has an attacking instinct but is bad in finishing, also made some terrible mistakes while trying to dribble near penalty area. If he wasn't from Cobham noone would give a shit about him.

3 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

I know Cucurella is terrible but am I missing something with Hall? He was ok but nothing spectacular last season, has an attacking instinct but is bad in finishing, also made some terrible mistakes while trying to dribble near penalty area. If he wasn't from Cobham noone would give a shit about him.

Hall is being very highly rated due to his level for his age, rather than his actual current level. He could develop into a quality player, clearly has good technique and physical traits but hasn't developed composure or a tonne of game IQ yet. He will definitely be a premier league level player in the long run but as always the question is will he not just be a premier league level player but a Chelsea level player? IMO that is far from guaranteed.

Hall has asked to leave on a permanent deal instead of on loan and wants to play for Newcastle not CFC. Sell him with a huge sell on clause and ideally a buy back clause imo. If in the future he wants to be here and we want him here we will make it happen, if not then it was not meant to be.

I honestly think we have no choice but to sell pretty much all of our academy players to pay off the level of spend we're now at - Chalobah, Hall, Gallagher and maybe Maatsen as well. We have spent an insane amount of money and it will take an insane amount of sales not just in this window but in every window going forward to stay on top of this.

Also, it is really sad to see people on Twitter already throwing Lavia under a bus and writing him off now that Hall rumours are out. There is no way these two interactions are directly related. We need to sell a lot of academy players for profit because we're going to end up spending probably something close to £1bn by the time the window is done, part of which is of course Lavia but part of which is also Cucu, Sterling... It is more fair to say that we need to sell Hall to cover Sterling than Lavia imo.

We have a min of £150m (probably £160m+ in reality?) or so annual ammortization costs to cover which means we need to sell a lot of players for more than their net book value every single year on average. I imagine if we had loaned Hall it was only to try to increase his value for a sale in 2024. Yeah it is sad but this is the reality of spending £1bn to build an incredible first team in the financial fair play era.

Edited by Mhsc

1 hour ago, Bluepower777 said:

We should have kept Hall, he has extreme talent and we need Gallagher as well cause we don't have another player with his all round attributes, I admit he does lack a bit of ball creatively but not many players do have that,  Mount had zero creatively but was still a regular. We need players that give 100%, a  💯 percent times.

Yeah - we are all devastated Mr.100% Mount is gone.