Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The Chilwell slander I repeatedly see from our own supporters on Twitter is insane. When fit he’s arguably the best LWB in the league and in a back 4 with top class midfielders in front of him I think he’ll do a great job as well. Not to mention he has become a genuine leader in the squad and is Vice Captain to Reece apparently.

I’m seeing Chelsea fans angrily saying that we should sell Chilly rather than Hall. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

As @Mhsc mentioned above, it would indeed SUCK to lose Hall and we should do all we can to avoid letting him go to a direct rival like Newcastle, but where is his route to first team football here now? Midfield is completely loaded with quality and if Maatsen stays he’s more naturally a LB than Hall is. Even if we sold Cucu he’d still have Chilly and Maatsen in his way.

We probably have to reluctantly let him go but I think a buy back or at the very least a first refusal option should be negotiated.

Chilwell is pretty slow and average imo , just has a good attitude , completely injury prone too. I’d sell him before hall for sure but we do need some experience which he offers 

I have a lot of time for Chilwell and in certain systems he is insanely good, BUT to be fair if we cleared out our whole LB roster and went to the market I don't think we'd buy a single one of them under PW/LS. It would be a couple of lads we've barely heard of or not heard of at all and they'd be pacey skillful players who can defend and attack equally well.

Just loan him if needs be,no need to be thinking we have to offload a very talented 18 year old whose on a long term contract.calm ya tits and see how things work out down the road,paths open,we and he has plenty of time before we need to think about selling.

For what it's worth in the transfer window show on Sky the guy said if he goes to Newcastle it's expected to be a straight loan only.

6 minutes ago, lucio said:

Chilwell is pretty slow and average imo , just has a good attitude , completely injury prone too. I’d sell him before hall for sure but we do need some experience which he offers 

For someone slow he sure looks like our most dangerous attacking outlet and likeliest goal scorer pretty often. Could’ve score a couple of times against Liverpool last weekend. His recovery pace defensively can be suspect but that’s anyone who’s playing wingback due to the attacking positioning. 

“Chelsea yet to hold talks with Olise

Chelsea have yet to hold talks with Crystal Palaceforward Michael Olise.

They have met the release clause believed to be £35m.

However, reports have emerged suggesting Crystal Palace are not entirely happy with how Chelsea have approached the deal.

It’s our understanding Chelsea are totally comfortable with their conduct.”

What the hell is this article about?

If we met release clause, why is Palace unhappy for the way we approached the deal? What is it supposed to mean? What’s this comfortable with our conduct shit? And if so, why are we holding up? 

A few conspiracy theories have been going through my head about why we're spending so much money, buying so many young players and tying them down for such a long time:

1. Maybe part of the plan for the acquisition is to join Super League 2.0, whatever that will be (maybe something dreadful involving Saudi teams?), where there will be no FFP. Subsequently, we don't care about FFP. That would be really gross, but the one thing I dislike about Todd is that he would probably cockily think this is genius.

2. Maybe we're anticipating a transfer ban and want to secure ourselves through it. Maybe we're expecting a hard stance after we've had one already and have now self-reported ourselves over breaches under Roman?

3. Maybe we are 99.9% sure any trouble will just be a fine, and we're just saying no problem

4. Maybe we anticipate some kind of ban / points deduction but think the net benefit is worth it to become a top team again quickly

7 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

A few conspiracy theories have been going through my head about why we're spending so much money, buying so many young players and tying them down for such a long time:

1. Maybe part of the plan for the acquisition is to join Super League 2.0, whatever that will be (maybe something dreadful involving Saudi teams?), where there will be no FFP. Subsequently, we don't care about FFP. That would be really gross, but the one thing I dislike about Todd is that he would probably cockily think this is genius.

2. Maybe we're anticipating a transfer ban and want to secure ourselves through it. Maybe we're expecting a hard stance after we've had one already and have now self-reported ourselves over breaches under Roman?

3. Maybe we are 99.9% sure any trouble will just be a fine, and we're just saying no problem

4. Maybe we anticipate some kind of ban / points deduction but think the net benefit is worth it to become a top team again quickly

Well if the club are expected/planning for a potential transfer ban they damn sure better sign us a top class striker before that happens!

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Newcastle won't accept that.

They're a competitive equal now with similar ambitions to us, if he goes to Newcastle he's going for good.

They are limited by FFP - I have been watching the documentary on Netflix - they just don't generate the revenue. 

We should definitely beat them with this stick whilst we still can.

I think they would accept this - as they are getting an excellent prospect cheap and EH knows he needs to strengthen in every area as trying to hit Top 4 again with Europe is going to be a killer for them.

I do see your point, but believe the above puts us in an unprecedented situation which we can exploit.

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

For someone slow he sure looks like our most dangerous attacking outlet and likeliest goal scorer pretty often. Could’ve score a couple of times against Liverpool last weekend. His recovery pace defensively can be suspect but that’s anyone who’s playing wingback due to the attacking positioning. 

Alonso was a great attacking threat and still super lethargic 

Chilwell is our starting LB for next 4,5 years. It's hard for young player to see the route there. Also it's clear we are getting main source of income from selling academy players for pure profit. Decision needs to be made. Maatsen or Hall. Around 30m for us. Chalobah as well. Carney and Broja too if we get nice offer. We need to generate money somehow instead of maybe planned money from Gallagher who cannot be sold under any circumstances. 

Personally wouldn’t surprise me if we sell Chilwell in a year or two, especially if he doesn’t stay injury free. I have the feeling we will regularly sell depreciating assets and replace them with up and coming players as part of the new strategy. 

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

5, we are buying all the young talent before we end up sending clubs like brighton 100m, and we are creating young talents ourselves then we can sell for big money.