Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

21 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Euh no!

Could work if we have a buy-back clause at £50 million or something like thst, which can be exercised after 18 months?

Let Eddie Howe (who I like) do the development of the player and then we can get a finished article and NUFC make a profit, everyone wins.

Or he flops and we have £30mill. We still win.

Not sure what future Hall has here now though, where would he play? We've stacked the midfield (his supposed natural position) with expensive players and he was a makeshift LB (where we have 2 senior players + Maatsen).

Maybe he has a role here in 2-3 years if Chilly and Cucu both move on or if Maatsen leaves or moves position? I'd probably just sell him with a cheap buy back clause + huge sell on fee and we can see in the future if he makes sense to play at CFC tbh, just definitely shouldn't sell him without it or loan him to a poorly fitting club that will stunt his growth (and frankly, his future transfer value).

28 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Euh no!

wtf. Utter BS number. 

6 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Could work if we have a buy-back clause at £50 million or something like thst, which can be exercised after 18 months?

Let Eddie Howe (who I like) do the development of the player and then we can get a finished article and NUFC make a profit, everyone wins.

Why should we sell him so low tho? We made him sign 6y contract, we can ask for anything we want. Rather make it 50m and 70m buy back if we are going this way. 
also I don’t see why he can not become our long term left back. Maatsen and Hall are both better than Cucurella. So stop this BS Maatsen as winger, use him as a billy back up and when Hall comes back next year assess who is better by then. 

19 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Newcastle won't accept that.

They're a competitive equal now with similar ambitions to us, if he goes to Newcastle he's going for good.

I think a £30m deal would be quite reasonable as long as we have a buy back clause at <=£50m + sell on fee. Honestly, letting these players go to a club where they can be settled for a few years and grow as a guaranteed no.1 and then buy them back if / when it makes sense seems like a solid plan to me. We need income. Later, if these players turn out to be at Chelsea's level we can buy them and if not, we move for whoever in the market does make sense. Imagine if we had sold Hudson Odoi for money when he was looking good but gave ourselves a buy back clause? When he flopped, we would have been laughing. If he had banged, we would have bought him back. It is just good business IMO.

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

The problems with having that useless fraggle rock muppet Cucurella on the books continues..worst decision of the Poch era to date if it's true and happens. Though his lack of pre-season minutes was maybe an indication but then Kep played so much and...

The Chilwell slander I repeatedly see from our own supporters on Twitter is insane. When fit he’s arguably the best LWB in the league and in a back 4 with top class midfielders in front of him I think he’ll do a great job as well. Not to mention he has become a genuine leader in the squad and is Vice Captain to Reece apparently.

I’m seeing Chelsea fans angrily saying that we should sell Chilly rather than Hall. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

As @Mhsc mentioned above, it would indeed SUCK to lose Hall and we should do all we can to avoid letting him go to a direct rival like Newcastle, but where is his route to first team football here now? Midfield is completely loaded with quality and if Maatsen stays he’s more naturally a LB than Hall is. Even if we sold Cucu he’d still have Chilly and Maatsen in his way.

We probably have to reluctantly let him go but I think a buy back or at the very least a first refusal option should be negotiated.