Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Altho Poch played 4-2-3-1 in pre-season,looks like really we going for the slightly different 4-3-3 as we really not targetting a proper 10 and didnt really have one before the Nkunku injury.maybe was just using 4-2-3-1 to give certain players a look. But 4-3-3 (with it's variants) will be the primary formation. 

Edited by Duppy Conqueror

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Liverpool pulled out. Why we need to match their offer?

If we bid less Brighton reject our bid, probably refuse to deal with us anymore and tell Caicedo he either stays or goes to Liverpool...now isn't the time for fucking about. Just get it done.

You what the difference is? a decade ago, Caicedo would've been playing in Ecuador, or in a Brazilian club. Which means, he'd be avail under 30m, which is what the big sales look like for players coming from there (folks like Neymar aside).

Nowadays, however, that movement is accelerated by the moneys at play. Agents, intermediary clubs drive up the prices because they showcase these players at the highest stage early on. That's the brilliant strategy Brighton figured out. They have the power of exposure.

This is one of the times I think folks are wrong to blame the big clubs. This time it's the smaller/intermediary clubs, agents, and their scouting, the ones changing things.

Are we really going to pay 115m for Caicedo?

This is ridiculous, with all the money spent we are likely not even favorite to finish in the top 4.

This feels like post SAF United, where we are just spending without getting better.

Edited by Clockwork

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Are we really going to pay 115m for Caicedo?

This is ridiculous, with all the money spent we are likely not even favorite to finish in the top 4.

I think we only need too 5 and if we get lavia too I’d bet good money on it 

13 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

You what the difference is? a decade ago, Caicedo would've been playing in Ecuador, or in a Brazilian club. Which means, he'd be avail under 30m, which is what the big sales look like for players coming from there (folks like Neymar aside).

Nowadays, however, that movement is accelerated by the moneys at play. Agents, intermediary clubs drive up the prices because they showcase these players at the highest stage early on. That's the brilliant strategy Brighton figured out. They have the power of exposure.

This is one of the times I think folks are wrong to blame the big clubs. This time it's the smaller/intermediary clubs, agents, and their scouting, the ones changing things.

Main difference is TV revenue. The deals have pumped billions into the game, massively inflating wages, transfer fees, and parasites agents commission

41 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

If we bid less Brighton reject our bid, probably refuse to deal with us anymore and tell Caicedo he either stays or goes to Liverpool...now isn't the time for fucking about. Just get it done.

You really rate this dude mate? 

I'm probably a bit long in the tooth and jaded. He reminds me of Tetley (Tete) had a great season at Norwich we were going to sign him, didn't then he had a shocking 2nd and 3rd season and faded into obscurity...

I genuinely hope I'm wrong though- would love to finish 2nd above Arsenal, shut those mugs up, then they can focus back on battling the spuds to 4th place... I just can't see anyone toppling City. (Haven't checked the results, probably been thrashed by Burnely).