Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Boehly didn't purchase Lukaku for a record fee when all signs pointed it being a disaster.

Boehly didn't ignore the midfield for 4 years.

Boehly didn't mess up Rudiger and Christensen's contracts.

Boehly wasn't in charge of that disaster 2017 transfer window which set us backwards for years.

Boehly was the one responsible for giving extensions to dross like Rahman and Bakayoko and Batshuayi?

Lots of things to blame Clearlake for but to pretend it was all sunshine and rainbows under Roman is a lie, especially towards the latter end. Lot of the issues we are seeing now are because of the former regime. 

I'd keep him for the sole fact Chiwell too has been poor. Hall inexperienced but showed the most promise. 

Let all three battle it out during preseason. Too many passengers. 

Thank you, saved me a job 🤣

I honestly think our leadership now is looking pretty excellent, Boehly was clearly amateur-hour as a DoF but he's hired good people and they will steer us to incredible success over time. Poch + Laurence Stewart + Paul Winstanley = excellent team. I honestly think in 2 years we will look INSANE.

I generally agree, but still can't believe people are seeing Christensen as some incredible player we should miss. He was HG, that's an advantage, but come on. And I'd laugh so hard how people would be bashing Rudiger with contract higher than KK, who'd play shit after TT departure.

And extensions of bottom of the barrel players weren't just to make it look good on books? Actually Barkley was quite a precedence to just throw money out, earlier board was looking to squeeze something from their purchases at all cost.

To explain how garbage our buys have been I must elucidate this point by rating our transfers of last year. 

Enzo- potentially world class but was bought at a peak after World Cup and may never live up to his price unless he brings us a couple of CLs and PL domination.

Fofana- perpetually injured and will never be worth his price. Would be a steal for 30-40m if we waited till Leicester got relegated.

Mudryk- a PR fantasy. To overpay for a winger that arsenal weren't willing to match, from a war torn country to come and wave his flag the first day he arrives. Worth the 70m for sure...?

Cucu- I really liked him at Brighton and he looked electric when he came on for the first time. It all went downhill from there. I don't get why we would spend 65m on LB backup when we desperately needed to strengthen other areas.

Sterling- Once a 🐍 always a 🐍. Time and time again he's proven he just wants a pay packet and we will probably be his last before he moves to midtable team or retires.

Badman- looks good when Silva is holding his hand but ALWAYS looks shaky when he has the ball in front of his area. I have anxiety that this guy is going to cause a goal.

Koulibaly- We got soooo effing lucky the Saudis bailed us with this one. All of Italy is probably laughing at us after Lukaku and this guy over consecutive seasons.

Madueke- looks like he wants to be a gangster but can't even take on a man (AS A WINGER). This guy just runs into people, he ran the ball out of play the other day for England U21. 

DDF- says it all when lampard didn't even give him a chance and played Auba for the last few games. This guy will never be PL standard.

Auba- I shit my pants when we bought him. Nobody saw this and thought 'yes, exactly what we were looking for'. Still we had to bankroll Barcas attempt to undermine every single one of our main targets somehow.

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Boehly didn't purchase Lukaku for a record fee when all signs pointed it being a disaster.

Boehly didn't ignore the midfield for 4 years.

Boehly didn't mess up Rudiger and Christensen's contracts.

Boehly wasn't in charge of that disaster 2017 transfer window which set us backwards for years.

Boehly was the one responsible for giving extensions to dross like Rahman and Bakayoko and Batshuayi?

Lots of things to blame Clearlake for but to pretend it was all sunshine and rainbows under Roman is a lie, especially towards the latter end. Lot of the issues we are seeing now are because of the former regime. 

I'd keep him for the sole fact Chiwell too has been poor. Hall inexperienced but showed the most promise. 

Let all three battle it out during preseason. Too many passengers. 

But for every donkey there were 3 good buys like Hazard, Willian Costa Pedro etc. There was no obvious choice for a midfielder except rice who has been overpriced for 5 years. Government effed up the Rudiger and Christensen extensions with their sanction because it was obvious Roman was funneling drugs and weapons through the toilets in Cobham. In football not one team has not had a bad transfer window, even Real Madrid (2019 for example). The idea is to not make a loss doing it so you aren't hamstrung the next year to replace those shit buys, like we are now.

14 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I honestly think our leadership now is looking pretty excellent, Boehly was clearly amateur-hour as a DoF but he's hired good people and they will steer us to incredible success over time. Poch + Laurence Stewart + Paul Winstanley = excellent team. I honestly think in 2 years we will look INSANE.

I'll be honest I don't know much about Stewart and Winstanely. Poch however failed to win a one team league with Messi, neymar and Mbappe as his front three. That is unacceptable in any case. He has never won anything and I don't expect him to anytime soon. It should precipitate the situation when you saw the 3rd fella (Freund or whatever, German guy from red bull) came and left after less than a year. These guys are going to be the leaders of a midtable team.

34 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

But for every donkey there were 3 good buys like Hazard, Willian Costa Pedro etc. There was no obvious choice for a midfielder except rice who has been overpriced for 5 years. Government effed up the Rudiger and Christensen extensions with their sanction because it was obvious Roman was funneling drugs and weapons through the toilets in Cobham. In football not one team has not had a bad transfer window, even Real Madrid (2019 for example). The idea is to not make a loss doing it so you aren't hamstrung the next year to replace those shit buys, like we are now.

I'll be honest I don't know much about Stewart and Winstanely. Poch however failed to win a one team league with Messi, neymar and Mbappe as his front three. That is unacceptable in any case. He has never won anything and I don't expect him to anytime soon. It should precipitate the situation when you saw the 3rd fella (Freund or whatever, German guy from red bull) came and left after less than a year. These guys are going to be the leaders of a midtable team.

He won the league the year after? And he failed to win the season before yes but he took over from a tuchel that left the team in tatters.

13 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

He won the league the year after? And he failed to win the season before yes but he took over from a tuchel that left the team in tatters.

they were a team who just made the CL final and were 1 point off the top. Not really tatters , he had several months to make up a single point on the leaders and failed.  I’m optimistic he’ll do ok here though 

5 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

The speed of this clear out is crazy. You love to see it. I don’t have anything against Pulisic, though. If he was fit all the time I’d have kept him around for 1 more season. But he never is. He’s going to do very well at Milan if he does.

19 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Hopefully pulisic clears his medical 🫣

That leaves Mudryk as the only available sub for Sterling, doesn't it?

Sounds super risky to me, but suppose folks have lots of faith here.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit indifferent towards Cucurella at this point.

I don't feel he's been as bad as made out and would be decent under Pochettino but equally I won't lose any sleep if he does go.

I just wish we had not shit out 118m quid on him

that money would be SO helpful now

IF Destiny Udogie blows up for Spuds, I am going to be double depressed

as we could have had him for only £15m last summer

15 total league goals produced as a LB in less than 2 full seasons worth of minutes in Serie A, as an 18 yo to 20 yo

72f2dcebf73fda599253726211153b62.png

plus he is massive (1.88m), pacy, and strong as a bull

Destiny Udogie: Tottenham agree deal with Udinese to sign Italy Under-21s  defender - BBC Sport

42 minutes ago, Jype said:

Tell me you are clueless without directly telling me you are clueless. Christoph Freund never even joined the club in the first place. He was in the running for the position but in the end nothing came of it and the club went on to hire Winstanley, Stewart and Vivell instead.

I meant vivell. Sorry I don't know the name of the director who joined for a few months and then left. I guess the true fans who are clued in are the ones who will defend stupidity no matter what. Kind of like arsenal fans for 20 years...