Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I doubt we’ll announce any new signings until the shirt deal is done. Would be weird to have new signings holding up last seasons shirt.

I guess they could just wear some training kit or something but I doubt it.

6 minutes ago, Mário César said:

30 Mio. € sind etwas dürftig 

Chelsea had to pay €57m for Sterling and they want to transfer only €25m for Kovacic.... 😶🤔🤔

Saudi coming to our rescue to KK, Ziyech and to a lesser extend Mendy. If we can get reasonable fees for those players then it has pretty much zero impact on us on the pitch (I still rate Mendy over Kepa; but recognise he isn't becoming No.1 again.) Kante, I can accept wants the insane money and his injury record means he is a massive risk.

My concern is more over the targets and the sales of Kova and Mount. For me, Kova is our best CM and Mount has the danger of becoming a loss like some of our other big mistakes. 

As for the targets, Jackson looks like a Gamble based on two months of football and someone has got excited about some YouTube clips/social media posts. Caicedo is horribly over priced and strikes me as a player that could pull a Cucu once out of Brighton. Onana isn't worth the money and I still think he is suspect for a GK but has had his profile raised due to doing ok in Serie A - similar to Lukaku. Lavia has shown a lot of promise but looks raw still (however, I am ok with him if he is given time and isn't insanely priced.) 

For me, I just don't see a strategy, it all seems to be 'moving the deck chairs on the Titanic'. 

31 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Lol at the Saudi “concerns” from the media, there are two freaking clubs owned Saudi and UAE, soon another by Qatar when they take over United. What is this nonsense?

It's Chelsea mate. 

Chelsea are among those keeping tabs on Robert Sanchez's situation at Brighton.

The Blues have an interest in Sanchez, and he could be the ideal successor for Edouard Mendy.The Blues hold an interest in Sanchez, and he could be the ideal successor for Edouard Mendy.

[@CParkerTurner]

I just don't believe it how on earth Sanchez is so highly prized by us the guy has been ousted by Jason Steele and we are of course financing Brighton's next outstanding transfer of Bart Verbruggen!!!!🤢🤢

3 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I know, but those clubs are literally state owned by by those countries.

I swear do these reporters even stop and think? How are these Saudi clubs saving us for FFP when Mendy, Ziyech, Koulibaly and Aubameyang will likely have us suffer a profit loss on each considering the quoted prices?

We are not breaking even on any of them. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I swear do these reporters even stop and think? How are these Saudi clubs saving us for FFP when Mendy, Ziyech, Koulibaly and Aubameyang will likely have us suffer a profit loss on each considering the quoted prices?

We are not breaking even on any of them. 

Someone posted a table of break-even transfer values of all our players if we wanted them to be ffp-neutral and they weren't that high at all. I don't really understand how it's counted, but the precieved loss may not matter at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, mkh said:

Chelsea are among those keeping tabs on Robert Sanchez's situation at Brighton.

The Blues have an interest in Sanchez, and he could be the ideal successor for Edouard Mendy.The Blues hold an interest in Sanchez, and he could be the ideal successor for Edouard Mendy.

[@CParkerTurner]

I just don't believe it how on earth Sanchez is so highly prized by us the guy has been ousted by Jason Steele and we are of course financing Brighton's next outstanding transfer of Bart Verbruggen!!!!🤢🤢

Get Mamardashvili and stop this madness.