Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

38 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

@robsblubot agree with your points about signing more established players ready to come in and play from day 1 but the problem is, we tried that route with Koulibaly and now we're stuck with an ageing defender getting 300k a week and very likely playing 20 games a season. 

Andreas screwed the club over by initially verbally agreeing to sign a contract extension, then asking for a shorter extension then just declining the offer altogether and leaving us on a free for Barca.  The guy was an academy player and could have at least signed a 1 year deal to get us a transfer fee but he didn't and left us with a huge hole at CB which we're still trying to solve.  I'm not convinced on Fofana just yet.   Badiashile looks solid and Colwill be a huge addition as he's got all the tools to be a very very good defender. 

Koulibaly is in his 30s though. You can buy players over the age of 21 and under the age of 30….

Stop dealing with Inter unless they want to buy players. 

They have already scammed us enough. Sold a player for 100m and a year later got him back on a loan, they won’t even give back 1/4 of the fee.

we should put all on our energy in convincing him to head out to Saudi or another team.

minus the CL final, Lukaku had a good finish toward end of the season.

KK will be another older after a loan, less incentive for another team to buy him.

49 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

They have already scammed us enough. Sold a player for 100m and a year later got him back on a loan, they won’t even give back 1/4 of the fee.

we should put all on our energy in convincing him to head out to Saudi or another team.

KK will be another older after a loan, less incentive for another team to buy him.

This could be said about all Italian teams. They constantly want players on loan or to buy them at a massive discount. 

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

This could be said about all Italian teams. They constantly want players on loan or to buy them at a massive discount. 

I can't really blame them if I'm honest.

We have massive TV deals in this country and they're all skint by comparison to even the lower teams. If the boot was on the other foot we'd want our board to try and make similar good of a bad situation.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I can't really blame them if I'm honest.

We have massive TV deals in this country and they're all skint by comparison to even the lower teams. If the boot was on the other foot we'd want our board to try and make similar good of a bad situation.

Most of them don't even have their own stadiums either, so they lose out on a large amount of ticket revenue as well. The issue I have is that it's a constant, regardless of who it is. Just read up on Roma's interest in Scamacca, someone who was seemingly close to joining PSG less than 12 months ago.

All deals with Italian sides should include an obligation to buy, so we aren't stuck with players like Baka & Lukaku bouncing around in Serie A.

Edited by LAM09

6 hours ago, Mário César said:

inter want koulibaly on loan

fuck them 

No chance they'll pay for a transfer and no chance they'll pay full wages. We should be looking at the Saudi market if Koulibaly can be convinced.

It's very annoying to see how our board keeps accepting to make compromises such as allowing Lukaku and Koulibaly to leave on loan, letting Inter make us look like fools, paying a shitload of money for the likes of Mudryk and so on. Everyone keeps talking about how it's all part of a masterplan, but it surely doesn't feel like it. We need to start seeing SMART business done by these guys, especially when it comes to selling unwanted players.

And since I've mentioned Lukaku, since when is it so important what he wants? Chelsea are paying him GBP 325.000 per week ffs. He should do what WE want, not what he wants. The board and the manager should make all they can to stop spoiled brats like him from calling the shots at Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Cosmin said:

It's very annoying to see how our board keeps accepting to make compromises such as allowing Lukaku and Koulibaly to leave on loan, letting Inter make us look like fools, paying a shitload of money for the likes of Mudryk and so on. Everyone keeps talking about how it's all part of a masterplan, but it surely doesn't feel like it. We need to start seeing SMART business done by these guys, especially when it comes to selling unwanted players.

And since I've mentioned Lukaku, since when is it so important what he wants? Chelsea are paying him GBP 325.000 per week ffs. He should do what WE want, not what he wants. The board and the manager should make all they can to stop spoiled brats like him from calling the shots at Chelsea.

Problem being is the two players you mentioned are absolute dog shit. We have killed ourselves paying big money and wages for both, and when they don't work out this is what happens.

11 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Well if we keep acting like morons, you cannot blame them for treating us as such. 

12 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Well, KK was just a bad signing. We should've done better.

I do not think Thiago Silva is the same player he once was. He's been relying on his great reading more than usual, but is already playing a more limited CB role than before.

Badiashile looks good, but it's always a big question-mark as how these players respond in an away game at Madrid. We know how the now much-maligned Azpi does, because he's faced that challenge countless times before, but it's always a big test for the young.

Another example is Kova: we knew how he did in big games, because our scouts saw that. We don't know how players who come from say Brighton will do in the same situation because they never faced that challenge before. I'm not saying we should not bet on promising young talents, but doing only that won't quite work either.

I feel like we moved away from those types of signings (e.g. Azpi, Ivanovic, Zouma, Alex, Cahill, David Luiz).  They all had experience and they provided very good service to the club over the years.   It's a shame we had to see Ivanovic and Azpi get absolutely rinsed in their last seasons at the club but once you lose that bit of pace, it's quite hard to play as a fullback in the modern game. 

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Koulibaly is in his 30s though. You can buy players over the age of 21 and under the age of 30….

You're right about that but it doesn't seem like any of those 25-27 year old players are on the clubs radar.   I wouldn't mind a Gary Cahill/David Luiz type of signing just to help out the young guns and get some experience back into the side.  (Losing Jorginho/Kante/Azpi in two transfer windows will be a huge blow in terms of experience). 

11 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Let him rot with the children if he doesn't wanna go to Saudi. Fuck Inter.

This. He is a sunk cost anyway. If we give in here, clubs will just sell us any player for a huge fee, few days after signing he gives some interview professing his love for the former club and we just loan him back for peanuts? No one will ever take us seriously anymore.