Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So in the same morning we’ve got one report saying “don’t be surprised if Kepa remains Chelsea’s starting keeper” and another that says Lukaku may be welcomed back. Can you even imagine if we line up on match day 1 with Lukaku (a striker who has failed here TWICE and has stated numerous time he doesn’t want to come back) lumbering around the pitch and T-Rex arms Kepa in goal?

After all the hype and reporting that a new #9 and a new #1 being the top priorities this summer, if we don’t get either I will have ZERO hope whatsoever of us challenging for the top 4. 

Kepa was good.
Lukaku I can't imagine.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So in the same morning we’ve got one report saying “don’t be surprised if Kepa remains Chelsea’s starting keeper” and another that says Lukaku may be welcomed back. Can you even imagine if we line up on match day 1 with Lukaku (a striker who has failed here TWICE and has stated numerous time he doesn’t want to come back) lumbering around the pitch and T-Rex arms Kepa in goal?

After all the hype and reporting that a new #9 and a new #1 being the top priorities this summer, if we don’t get either I will have ZERO hope whatsoever of us challenging for the top 4. 

calm down a little bit 

we only judge after 31 august

until then, we need to see what will happen 

well, fuck

Barcelona

Barcelona are set to sign top talented centre back Mikayil Faye from NK Kustosija - it’s a done deal. Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund were also interested in Faye, but he’s now set for Barca, with a €5m-plus-add-ons deal agreed, to be finalised soon.

2886c757ffaa715545b1d2628fc435d6.png

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

imagine see a starting line-up again with these plonkers:

Kepa or Mendy
Kalidou Koulibaly 
Trevoh Chalobah
Marc Cucurella  
César Azpilicueta  
Conor Gallagher
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Christian Pulisic and/or Hakim Ziyech
Lukaku

12 minutes ago, Mário César said:

more center backs for what?

he is an very highly rated you prospect (obviously, Barca has pulled him)

we are likely losing, by kick-off 2024 (maybe 2025 if Thiago plays until 40)

Thiago

KK (hopefully)

Trevoh

that leaves

Colwill
Wesley Fofana    
Benoît Badiashile 

Faye is a potential beast, is low cost, and would probably be ready in 2 years (when he is 21yo), would have been a great gamble

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

do you think he is overrated?

Extremely. Bullet dodged, doubt Arsenal with get both him and Caicedo, so chances of us getting Caicedo should be better now.

Edited by TheHulk

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

do you think he is overrated?

I do not think he is worth £110m or so (which sounds like the total with add-ons counted)

that said, he DEFFO strengthens Arse and at the end of the day that extra £30m or so (I would pay £80m max) is a drop in the bucket (extra 4.3 to 6 million quid per year when you amortise it out over 5 to 7 years) 

Manure has Casemiro (I think he still has 2 or maybe even 3  world class seasons in him) so they were not too hell bent for leather

27 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Explain why you think he's overated.

He's only overrated if you expect him to orchestrate play or be the CM that leads the team's transition. It's why he'd be perfect at Arsenal as their build up under Arteta is primarily through the use of inverted fullbacks and their wide wingers tucking in. If you expect Rice to come in and do Enzo or prior to him Jorginho's role, he'd flounder. 

Rice would be a fantastic partner for Enzo but Caicedo is probably the most complete midfielder.