Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

32 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Madueke talks ongoing apparently and we will have to stump up Gakpo amounts according to Rik Elfrink

For another technical bang average player who is insanely injury prone.

Yeah that sounds like todays Chelsea 

15 hours ago, Jype said:

And?

Say what you want about Rice as a player (personally I rate him) but at the very least there should be zero doubt over his leadership skills. Always seems very vocal on the pitch and was promoted to vice captain of West Ham when he was like 20 years old and is now full time club captain for his side.

Law is very much correct when saying Havertz lacks 'character'.

I'm not sure. I feel he has a bit of an "excuse culture" mindset to him.

When England went on a run of 4 scoreless games and got relegated he came out and practically said it's okay because they score in training and then after the world cup bragged about Mbappe being quiet in the France/England match.

Compare that to James who said "ready to win trophies" to Koulibaly in their first meet up and it's night and day.

12 hours ago, DDA said:

Have our pick with no CL football?

We got Kante in without it.

And according to @We Hate Scouse also convinced Jose to return (when he was still in and around his peak) with our top 4 place far from secure.

The players we wouldn't be able to sign would be the case even if we had it, case in point Haaland not looking twice at us even after we won it.

I’m less worried about the lack of CL football for a season as a deterrent to top players than I am about whether said top players will want to play for Graham Potter after we finish midtable or worse. If we had a manager who was well known and well respected by world class players across the globe then top players would say “eh, they had one nightmare season but the project looks promising.” But I highly doubt many players outside of the PL have even heard of Graham Potter. 

So when we chase targets who will also have offers from Klopp or Pep it’s not going to be a contest. Or Ten Hag who will likely finish top 4 and have new ownership themselves who will want to make a splash. 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We got Kante in without it.

And according to @We Hate Scouse also convinced Jose to return (when he was still in and around his peak) with our top 4 place far from secure.

The players we wouldn't be able to sign would be the case even if we had it, case in point Haaland not looking twice at us even after we won it.

Nkunku also agreed to join even though he knew CL next season was far from certain. When the contacts started top4 still looked a real possibility but when he's said to have signed his contract (December) we were already in a bad place. Also before messing up the negotiations there was Enzo desperate to join while already looking very unlikely to have CL next season.

Football fans seriously overestimate the pull of short term CL football. Sure it's better to have it than not have it but as long as the club appears to have the ambition of being competitive and the player gets a shit ton of money on their contract, most of them won't give a single fuck whether the club has immediate CL football on offer or not.

A different (and bigger) club for sure but for example Manchester United have attracted the likes of Di Maria, Pogba, Zlatan, Bruno Fernandes and Casemiro all without CL football. Arsenal have also gotten a few quality players over the last few years even though they haven't been in the CL for ages.

We’ll get good players without CL football. We won’t get players from the very top shelf, though. It’ll have to be more young talents with potential or players in the Badiashile profile who are good but not great players. 

Our only chance at players like Enzo, Leão, or whatever other world class talents we may desire is for Potter to steady the ship and finish out the season strong (which looks impossible at this point) or for Boehly to completely blow other competing clubs’ salary offers out of the water to make up for the lack of CL football. 

World class players are starting to get smarter when they’re choosing their new club these days. They want stability and to go to a team with structure and a set way of playing that can maximize their talents. Look at Haaland for example. He had a list of clubs that he was seriously considering and we were on it. But he said he chose City over everyone else because of their incredible stability, structure, and playing style. 

A top player these days may look at what’s happening at Chelsea where things chop and change so often and think we’re too big of a risk. Huge talents come to Chelsea and turn to shit. That’s got to be a consideration for these guys.

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’ll get good players without CL football. We won’t get players from the very top shelf, though. 

That's been the case for at least 10 years with or without CL football though.

I would even go as far as saying Hazard is the last 'top shelf' player we have signed where there was real competition from other top clubs for the players signature that we had to overcome. There is maybe an argument for Havertz being 'top shelf' at the time of signing but due to COVID we basically had a free run at him.

Kante was definitely a world class player when he joined but he had only been at Leicester for one year prior to signing and a lot of clubs probably still had doubts whether he was actually that good or if it was just a purple patch so for him too there was no competition, which is really bizarre in hindsight.

Other than that, has there been any players that were targets for multiple top clubs (with the clubs also willing to pay what it takes) and they ended up choosing us specifically? I can't really think of any.

24 minutes ago, Jype said:

That's been the case for at least 10 years with or without CL football though.

I would even go as far as saying Hazard is the last 'top shelf' player we have signed where there was real competition from other top clubs for the players signature that we had to overcome. There is maybe an argument for Havertz being 'top shelf' at the time of signing but due to COVID we basically had a free run at him.

Kante was definitely a world class player when he joined but he had only been at Leicester for one year prior to signing and a lot of clubs probably still had doubts whether he was actually that good or if it was just a purple patch so for him too there was no competition, which is really bizarre in hindsight.

Other than that, has there been any players that were targets for multiple top clubs (with the clubs also willing to pay what it takes) and they ended up choosing us specifically? I can't really think of any.

I suppose you’re right. What I should’ve said is we’ll struggle to sign the most sought after players. Players that all the other top clubs will be after may not even consider us in our current state. We should still be able to attract guys who will see Chelsea as a huge step up in their careers. Players from small clubs like Brighton for example. But players who are already at big Champions League clubs (like Milan or Benfica) will probably look at us now and think “if I leave my club I want it to be a big step up to a stable club.”

On 11/01/2023 at 12:20, Vesper said:

140 goals in less than 2 full season's worth of minutes as a 12yo to 15yo playing against 15yos (a few) and mostly 16, 17yos up to to 23yos

this is his first run of games as a TWELVE YEAR OLD, playing against mostly 16, 17yos (a smaller amount of 15yos in the mix too) in 80 minute games (so almost a full games less worth of minutes basically over the ones where he played the full 80):

24 goals, 5 assists in 12 games (939 minutes played), as a 12 year old playing against mostly 4 to 5 year older players

d1762d2d7cf012c648bfec75219c89b1.png

he turned 13 on Nov 20, 2017

also

he is the youngest goalscorer in Bundesliga history (you can't play in it until you turn 16)

he scored 3 goals in 4 and a half games worth of minutes then

6e6fcb1de198efef1b63f108c3ffbac1.png310e508011913e7d1a175f62f4819a57.png

I see claims now that he is 22 not 18. That would change everything. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11625411/amp/Cameroon-born-Borussia-Dortmund-star-Youssoufa-Moukoko-caught-age-fraud-storm.html

Cameroon-born Borussia Dortmund and Germany star Youssoufa Moukoko 'caught up in age fraud storm amid claims he is 22 and not 18'… with Premier League clubs likely to back off moving for the striker this summer 

Edited by NikkiCFC

14 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11625411/amp/Cameroon-born-Borussia-Dortmund-star-Youssoufa-Moukoko-caught-age-fraud-storm.html

Cameroon-born Borussia Dortmund and Germany star Youssoufa Moukoko 'caught up in age fraud storm amid claims he is 22 and not 18'… with Premier League clubs likely to back off moving for the striker this summer 

It’s quite plausible given the recent scandal in his pob Cameroon where they uncovered their entire u17 was in fact over 20 😂

but there is an easy remedy. just scan his hip bones before dumping 30m signing fee on him 

44 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

wow, this is not good at all

now this too

Chelsea and Newcastle to miss out on Borussia Dortmund wonderkid Youssoufa Moukoko

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-fc-newcastle-moukoko-dortmund-transfer-b1052801.html

Chelsea and Newcastle are set to miss out on wonderkid Youssoufa Moukoko with Borussia Dortmund finally agreeing terms on a contract extension.

Standard Sport understands the 18-year-old discussed a deal worth over £150,000 a week to join Newcastle on a free transfer when his contract expired at the end of the season. Saudi-backed Newcastle are targeting Champions League qualification and securing the best free transfers is part of their strategy to comply with Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

Chelsea and Barcelona were also known to be monitoring the Germany international, who looked likely to be leaving Dortmund earlier this window as he struggled to reach an agreement with Dortmund.

Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke told Sky Germany on Thursday that Moukoko's exit was a real possibility.

"It is legitimate that [Moukoko] is now trying to get a good position for himself," he said. “But it is just as legitimate that we have our ideas and if that is not congruent, then the cooperation will just not be continued.

"That is the ultimate consequence, which can also happen. But of course, we hope that he stays with us. I think the whole process is quite normal. The difference is simply that he is only 18 years old and was already at the World Cup. This, of course, makes the whole thing even more public."

However, Sky Germany now claim a compromise between the player and club has been reached with Moukoko set to commit to BVB for the foreseeable.

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

Fuck Moukoko

We have David.D.Fofana.

How about we play the lad and see what he can do instead of trying to buy everyone else's youth products. 

I am well off the boil with him now until this age thing is straightened out

IF he is 22, going on 23, then he is not exactly lighting things up at that age, which he should be when he is that old

Chelsea make Harvey Vale loan transfer decision amid Graham Potter injury crisis

Harvey Vale struggled for minutes during his maiden loan outing to Hull City with his progress halted by injury earlier in the season and now he has been recalled by Chelsea

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/news/harvey-vale-Chelsea-loan-transfer-25968399

HULL, ENGLAND - JANUARY 07: Harvey Vale of Hull City reacts during the Emirates FA Cup Third Round Match between Hull City and Fulham at MKM Stadium on January 07, 2023 in Hull, England. (Photo by George Wood/Getty Images)

Harvey Vale has returned to Chelsea with his loan at Hull City set to end prematurely. The Blues youngster joined the Tigers in the summer on a year-long loan but has struggled for minutes during his time on Humberside.

football.london understands that Vale has made his return to west London despite featuring in Hull's FA Cup match against Fulham at the weekend. The 19-year-old becomes the club's second player to return to Cobham this month, following Jayden Wareham's spell with Leyton Orient also coming to an end.

Vale made just two Championship appearances in addition to his FA Cup outing with Hull, playing just 137 minutes of football. The possibility of more appears seemed fraught, despite Hull boss Liam Rosenior being very complimentary about the England youth international.

READ MORE: Four things learned as Joao Felix debut exposes brutal Chelsea realities in defeat to Fulham

In December, he said: "They’ve both [Vale and Xavier Simson] made an excellent impression on me. Harvey’s got some outstanding abilities and is a really good athlete."

Vale will remain with the Blues for the remainder of the season, having already featured for the club in the Papa Johns Trophy. Having already featured for two senior sides in 2022/23, he is ineligible to feature for another club and his remaining minutes for the season will come for either Chelsea's under-23 side or in Graham Potter's team.

The academy product signed a new three-year deal before heading to the MKM Stadium in the summer.