Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

17 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

How so? By making us look even more desperate that we will turn our attention to Harry Slabhead?

Leicester are probably raising their bid. 

The story is full of "might" "could" "may" it is clickbait stuff.

47 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Lam, talk me through what I am not seeing in this lad. I won't mince my words, to me he looks extremely ordinary indeed. His stats are regarded as impressive but we know it's always important to assess the input not just the output. He has achieved stuff but looking at his videos I have no idea how. I see no superior ball control, no superior body control, no superior poise, no superior vision. As for all those stupid flicks and tricks they make me want to put YouTube HQ out of action permanently.

To be frank, I see nothing in this kid. Are my eyes getting that bad or is it just my judgement?

I much, much prefer the look of the Portuguese bloke, Pepe, we were linked with this morning.

I watched a large number of his games for Milan last season and his main/key attributes is, his directness/crazy pace. He is always trying to take on his man whilst being very unselfish more often than not. There isn't anything that I would pinpoint and say is exceptional right now but overall, he has a lot to his game that if he continues to improve, could see him become one of the elite. Also, I'd rather not mention the fact he was voted Serie A's POTY after the performance of the previous year's winner.

I'm still of the thinking that, unless a player, especially a younger player, has a record-breaking season, you shouldn't get crazy until you see how they fair in the following season (Nkunku is one that comes to mind). However, it's generally too late to go for such players by then, as we can't go toe to toe with the biggest clubs for a host of reasons, so we either strike while the iron is hot & take a calculated risk or kiss goodbye to the prospect of developing a talent into someone WC.

First I've heard of that link. I've only seen glimpses of him, so I couldn't pass judgement either way.

45 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Even if he does develop to some superstar level player - only then should we pay the extra 20-30 million for him when that time does come.

Buying him right now for 60 with huge risks regarding whether he even has it in him or not to become one of the worlds top players is something I can not understand.

I would have to agree. I'm a big advocate for our club to start being 'better' with transfers with regards to identifying targets before they make that middle step. 

So as an example with some of the players we've been linked with or bought this summer - Kounde was at Bordeaux a couple of years ago, Raphinha at Rennes, Fofana at Saint Etienne, Cucurella at Getafe. Not going to bag them all at that stage but we need to be doing more to get a couple of these much earlier in the cycle to be saving 2 - 3x on their transfer fee in 2 or 3 years time.

But in Gordon's situation the fee is already so high, I'd agree with you in that situation it's probably worthwhile more to see him reach that level first and pay the £20-30m extra.

The disaster of this transfer window was always heppening. I mean, an American who probably never watched a "soccer" match before appointed himself as director of football. So, the team went from Lukaku and Werner to 0 proper strikers, and it seems the only new striker arriving will be a 33 years old Aubameyang. Lost both Raphinha and Kounde to Barcelona, and 3 weeks later there is no other CB or winger, instead Chalobah, Odoi and Zyech are expected to leave, while the club is linked to Fofana, Maguire and Anthony Gordon...

26 minutes ago, Henrique said:

The disaster of this transfer window was always heppening. I mean, an American who probably never watched a "soccer" match before appointed himself as director of football. So, the team went from Lukaku and Werner to 0 proper strikers, and it seems the only new striker arriving will be a 33 years old Aubameyang. Lost both Raphinha and Kounde to Barcelona, and 3 weeks later there is no other CB or winger, instead Chalobah, Odoi and Zyech are expected to leave, while the club is linked to Fofana, Maguire and Anthony Gordon...

You are very wrong about Boehly and football. You can look up his history with the Sparks and he wanted to buy Chelsea in 2019.

I think getting KK and Sterling AND rid of deadwood and flops is a good enough window already, not getting some random Kondue Gordon whoever we are linked with folks 80 mil Euro / head would make it even better.

We somehow managed with transfer ban under Lampard and we somehow managed with hacked together team under Sarri, I don't think we desperately need to replace entire squad with similar-level players, just different, for a sake of it or otherwise we'll finish mid-table.

If no real improvement is available, just move on. Actually I feel like a moment when major shiny overhauling started, we also started a roll into mediocrity…

Tapsoba is alright but a little slow. Would pro a alt cost a bomb cos of ages on his contract 

If we go to Bundesliga for a defender which historically has worked better than buying strikers there we should just take Ndicka. He is better than Tapsoba and would cost a third of him

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Ajax United just plunked down €100m for Antony😳

That's a fake Fabrizio Romano account.

They'll probably still sign him for around 100M€ but that's not a confirmation.