Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Azpi , cesc, mata , Diego Costa (I know he’s Brazilian but in football terms..) , all were good buys 

Yep but ......  Del Horno , Oriol Romeu ,  Torres ,  Morata,  Kepa .

Spanish market are not good to Chelsea .

I think Marcos Alonso = Reguilon    -  no upgrade  on LB . 

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Lewis Dunk is a solid CB. Not going to wow anybody or jump off the screen when you watch him. The Gary Cahill comparison is a good one in that he's just a reliable, solid pro. Significantly better than Cahill on the ball.

He'd be a decent fall back option if everything else falls through or if we've blown our transfer load on other positions and need a cheap deal at the last minute. Shouldn't be our main target.

Ironically I think Cahill would have found himself playing regularly this season, particularly as the season wore on as his leadership and experience would have anchored the defence. It would have still been far from perfect but I think the likes of Zouma or Rudiger would have benefited playing alongside him.

Somebody like Lewis Dunk wouldn't be the worst option. It's not a flashy signing but it could be a sensible one, somebody who is a defender first and foremost and I think would be willing to stand up with the personality to lead and organise a back line embarrassingly short of such characteristics.

It could be similar to United's purchase of Maguire. He is ridiculously overpriced, but his presence in United's defence has improved it.

If it's another player we're going to be quoted a ridiculous figure for like £50m + then it's too much. But at a reasonable price, I wouldn't be against it.

22 minutes ago, milka said:

What on earth do players like Del Horno, Torres or Romeu got to do with a potential new signing in 2020? Just because they share a nationality with some bad signings doesn't mean they're automatically shit. That's borderline racist. :lol: 

And either way, there have been plenty good Spanish players at the club too. Azpi, Cesc, Mata, Costa and Pedro have all been either good or even great servants for the club in the last decade. Kovacic was also signed from the Spanish market and he's turned out okay.

Reguilon is way more comfortable playing in a back four than Alonso. And being just 23yo he still has room to improve his overall game.

The only question for me is whether Real Madrid are willing to sell him. They do have Ferland Mendy who they spent a lot of money on and Marcelo is still decent enough to play as a backup for a couple more years. Maybe they need to raise some funds but I'd be really surprised if they were to sell Reguilon on a permanent transfer.

He'd be a way better signing than Telles or Tagliafico. Between Reguilon and Chillwell it's a close call based on their ability level but with Chillwell costing three times as much it's a no-brainer if only Real are open to selling.

32 minutes ago, Jype said:

The only question for me is whether Real Madrid are willing to sell him. They do have Ferland Mendy who they spent a lot of money on and Marcelo is still decent enough to play as a backup for a couple more years. Maybe they need to raise some funds but I'd be really surprised if they were to sell Reguilon on a permanent transfer.

They will. It is weird I would think they should use Regulion and Hakimi as starters next season but they will sell both because of Carvajal, Mendy, Marcelo...

1 hour ago, milka said:

Del Horno sucked 15 years ago however Albert Ferrer was good 22 years ago which means Regulion may worth a try in 2020.

1 hour ago, milka said:

Reguilón and Alonso are completely different players tho. Reguilón is quick and very technical, can dribble his way out of the press. I would not be against it for a decent price. He and Chilwell are very similar. Chilwell is maybe a a tad more physical and a bit less technical

Chelsea keeping tabs on Reguilon

Chelsea have joined the race to sign Sergio Reguilon from Real Madrid.

The left-back spent the 2019/20 season on loan at Sevilla, who would like to extend his stay at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan for another year.

However, the 23-year-old has suitors from across Europe, including clubs from the Bundesliga and Serie A.

The argument to stay in Seville is a strong one for Reguilon, who owes a lot of his development as a player to Julen Lopetegui.

The Spaniard broke through into the Real Madrid first team under Lopetegui, who is now his boss at Sevilla too.

If he were to move to Stamford Bridge this summer, Reguilon would join Marcos Alonso as another Real Madrid academy graduate at the club.

Furthermore, Chelsea wouldn't shut the door on a possible return to Los Blancos for Reguilon in the future.