Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Which London club need new GK? :ph34r:

Lollichon wanted him in the summer we signed Kepa! I prefer Areola among all the options (barring Oblak) so far. Correct me if he's tailed off big time or is unfit after his Real spell

Lollichon wanted him in the summer we signed Kepa! I prefer Areola among all the options (barring Oblak) so far. Correct me if he's tailed off big time or is unfit after his Real spell
Is Areola any good? His highlight compilation did not impress me,while Martinez from Arsenal impressed me in an instant lol.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If CL was as big a pull as people say we wouldn't of already signed Werner and Ziyech..

I understand it's important but this season was a free hit and what Frank has done so far with us in the top 4 to date, FA Cup Final and signing two absolute quality players is nothing short of tremendous. People forget that we suffered a transfer ban yet we are still in a superb position.

Different player sees the Champions League differently. If we sign someone like Mbappe, he's gonna want Champions League football.

Guess it's probably more important that the likes of Werner, Ziyech buy into the long term plan. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Different player sees the Champions League differently. If we sign someone like Mbappe, he's gonna want Champions League football.

Guess it's probably more important that the likes of Werner, Ziyech buy into the long term plan. 

and Bayer shitting their pants and blowing CL means staying there yields the same (or worse) as going to Chels, THAT was the big one

although my tummy is still churning until we clinch CL (much more cash and easier time to recruit overall)

it always is my number one thing once it appears we have no chance to win the league (omg, I have turned into a late noughties Arse fan, sob :( )

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and Bayer shitting their pants and blowing CL means staying there yields the same (or worse) as going to Chels, THAT was the big one

although my tummy is still churning until we clinch CL (much more cash and easier time to recruit overall)

it always is my number one thing once it appears we have no chance to win the league (omg, I have turned into a late noughties Arse fan, sob :( )

A massive difference in having top 4 as the sole expectation right now vs in 2000-10.

It was literally just the top 4 (United, us, arsenal, pool) and spurs to compete for the top 4. Getting top 4 then was hardly an acheivement.

At the moment, the gap between the 10th placed Burnley? And 3rd place Chelsea has reduced drastically. The tv money has helped the lower clubs in finding talents that you would never have expected to see in those clubs. Hell, villa spent more than 100m on players this summer. 

So I feel comparision between this era and that one is not fair. 

But, what we are building and the incoming talent , we should be challenging and winning the title in the coming years

On 22/07/2020 at 1:01 PM, Puliiszola said:

A massive difference in having top 4 as the sole expectation right now vs in 2000-10.

It was literally just the top 4 (United, us, arsenal, pool) and spurs to compete for the top 4. Getting top 4 then was hardly an acheivement.

At the moment, the gap between the 10th placed Burnley? And 3rd place Chelsea has reduced drastically. The tv money has helped the lower clubs in finding talents that you would never have expected to see in those clubs. Hell, villa spent more than 100m on players this summer. 

So I feel comparision between this era and that one is not fair. 

But, what we are building and the incoming talent , we should be challenging and winning the title in the coming years

I think the comparisons between us and Arsenal are misguided but for different reasons than you do.

No one mocked Arsenal for settling for mere top 4 in the mid to late 00s because realistically that was the best they could have done, they were building with teenagers next to no money and up against Chelsea and United's best ever sides (aswell as Liverpool's best PL side pre Klopp), to expect anything more from them at that point would have been lunacy.

When they started to become bantered for settling for top 4 was when the stadium debt was paid off, those kids matured and they started adding players like Ozil and Cazorla to the ranks yet they still didn't adjust their expectations, that plus the relitevely low quality at the other top teams meant they should have really put a title challenging team together at that point but didn't really seem arsed.

Not long ago when I pointed out that we were doing as good as we can with the squad we have someone pointed out "we're Chelsea we shouldn't be settling for this" which was just too much tunnel vision in my eyes, to expect this squad to have sustained a title challenge because of who we are is the exact same type of unrealistic expectations and arrogance we use to scold Liverpool fans for having.

The comparison to Arsenal would be accurate if we were still aiming solely for top 4 when RJ, CHO, Mount, Pulisic etc hit their peak but at this point when you consider the obstacles we've faced since we sacked Conte, changing to a complex style of play, effectively losing 4 world class players (2 to departure and 2 to decline/not suiting the new system as well, lost 1 the previous year to that aswell) and rebuilding with young players we've done about as good as can realistically asked in the last couple of season's, if not overachieved.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't care if it is Declan Rice or someone else but fucking hell, we need a/another defensive midfielder in the team. When Kante isn't available, there is no one else who comes even close to doing what he does. :rant:

Bring back Bakayoko.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't care if it is Declan Rice or someone else but fucking hell, we need a/another defensive midfielder in the team. When Kante isn't available, there is no one else who comes even close to doing what he does. :rant:

Have to agree. I understand the positives with Jorginho and there are games and times where he is suitable.

I don't want a 'plodder' in defensive midfield that is poor on the ball, but there probably has to be a bit of a trade off somewhere and I'd rather forego some of the ability to pass and dictate/control the game for more defensive solidity. The likes of Fabinho and Fernandinho are not ball players compared to Jorginho but I'd far rather their all round defensive game, anchoring a midfield.

20 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Have to agree. I understand the positives with Jorginho and there are games and times where he is suitable.

I don't want a 'plodder' in defensive midfield that is poor on the ball, but there probably has to be a bit of a trade off somewhere and I'd rather forego some of the ability to pass and dictate/control the game for more defensive solidity. The likes of Fabinho and Fernandinho are not ball players compared to Jorginho but I'd far rather their all round defensive game, anchoring a midfield.

Rice is perfect for that role