Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Antonio Rudiger helped to persuade Timo Werner to join Chelsea

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/04/antonio-rudiger-helped-persuade-timo-werner-join-chelsea-12807514/?ito=newsnow-feed

9979fa9601a881850856210c95a30ba6.png

Chelsea star Antonio Rudiger played an instrumental part in the club’s move for Timo Werner after he persuaded his Germany team-mate to move to Stamford Bridge. The Blues are set to sign Werner in a £49million deal after making a breakthrough with the forward in the last 48 hours. Liverpool had been leading the chase for Werner but the Reds are distancing themselves from the German’s decision to join Chelsea with suggestions that they pulled out of a deal due to the costs involved. But Liverpool were not the only interested party and Werner still had the choice of a host of European giants.

However, according to Bild, Rudiger played a key role in convincing Werner to choose Chelsea by remaining in close contact with the forward throughout the decision-making process and giving him glowing reports of life in west London. Rudiger is international team-mates with Werner but their friendship extends back to when the pair were both at Stuggart together. Chelsea have promised to triple Werner’s wages to make him the second best paid player at the club on £200,000-a-week. Aside from that, Werner believes his prospects of first team football are better at Chelsea than they are at Liverpool, as Klopp had planned on rotating between the German and Roberto Firmino at Anfield. 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Much better than the 2 years of German I had to take then!

Out of all the languages I've tried to learn i have had the best (sort off) success with German, but the issue is German isn't that widely a spoke language and Germans in my experience just speak English to you anyway even if you make the effort so the combination of both factors meant i lost the motivation to learn the language.

Spanish is the one i'm really trying with and I've learned enough to get by when in Spain and Latin America, but i hit a massive glass ceiling when it gets to the verbs/adjectives etc, it's so much more complicated than it is in English.

Absolutely gorgeous if we pull this off but I hope he will be used as a ST and maybe get Havertz to complete our attack for years to come.

6 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

I just dont see whats so special about Werner :( Can someone help me understand? Never rated him :o

24 years old. He scores goals and creates for his team mates too. His stats back this up. Unless you are being sarcastic, his record is fantastic and he is still a kid really.

92 goals and 39 assists (131 total) for RBL in 12.143 minutes (equals 135 games).

This is in all four seasons. And he is better every year and improves and has better stats. 

Even has more assists than Firmino had in Hoffenheim.

6 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I don't rate him and my German Chelsea fans that I talked to do not rate him either. Not a good CF and only works as a winger or second striker. We do not play 4-4-2 and I do not think Lamps likes this formation either.

Werner is a small, very weak, technicaly not a World class Player with average passing. You can be a small CF, but you need World class technical abilities like Aguero. He is no Aguero. But hope I am wrong. Reece James great crosses will be useless for Werner

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

He won't play as cf very often. he will primarily play as winger and backup striker. Of course there is going to be games where we play 442