Todd Boehly Thread

12 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Sounds like Boehly destroyed our reputation.

He wants a yes man. Its so clear. Tuchel isn’t a yes man. Nagelsmann isn’t a yes man. Enrique isn’t a yes man. 

I would imagine its going to be Poch, which is fine because I think he can turn the ship around a bit but he has to let Poch do his thing.

He cannot interfere or be in and around the players in the dressing room. I mean how often do you ever hear of that for other owners?

Lets just hope Spurs don’t convince Poch to go back in the summer because if they do, our options will be very very slim going off the reports going around.

On 21/04/2023 at 10:49, Vegetable said:

And Saudis or Chinese investment firm will take over? Not optimal imho 🙄

I would not mind the Kuwaitis finally diving into footie

at least 400 billion quid backing them

only the Saudis have more

19 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

They've worried me from the off bruv

they truly seem to look at us a business above being a sporting club

they lack understanding of how a great club is always greater than the sum of its parts

and spending 2/3rds of a billion (just on fees, with salaries it is over a billion quid) and NOT buying a proper striker was pure madness

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Fuck off Boehly you're just making matters worse.

Get on with trying to run the club and don't get involved with team and manager system.

that fat septic berk is the one who needs an intervention

On 19/04/2023 at 01:22, MoroccanBlue said:

I genuinly believe we won't win a game under Lampard. 

A new manager needs to be announced. 

No, not anymore. It's too late, the season's dead, nothing to play for. Let this season ride itself out and announce the new manager just after that.

We need to get the next season right. Boehly and Eghbali should go back to wherever they came from and let the people they hired run the club. I hope to fuck this trend of them going into team dressing rooms won't continue next season, surely they must get bored of it at some point.

5 minutes ago, didi007 said:

With what the Saudis are doing with newcastle, will rather have them. no interference. leave the manager to do his job

They were keen on Chelsea as well but Roman preferred Boehly's bid for some reason.  

Imagine if they get United and invest heavily whilst we continue our slide from top 4 to mid-table. 

4 hours ago, didi007 said:

With what the Saudis are doing with newcastle, will rather have them. no interference. leave the manager to do his job

Football conspiracy theory: What if Eghbaly was conspiring with his clients to take down Chelsea and let Newcastle take its place as a top 4 club?👽

SmartSelect_20230423_114549_Chrome.jpg.d4ef13adf99df4bb8e396875820b3e42.jpg

Before anyone gets upset or decides to chuck an insult, I was only joking. 

'When Boehly stepped aside as Chelsea's interim sporting director, he heralded the 'world-class' credentials of those taking over.

His exhaustive search had taken the best part of a year and Boehly courted prestigious candidates to lead his bold tomorrow such as Michael Edwards, formerly of Liverpool, Paul Mitchell, of Monaco, and Christophe Freund of Salzburg. There were talks with Luis Campos of Paris Saint-Germain, Andrea Berta of Atletico Madrid, and Monchi at Sevilla - what a coup that would have been to fill the void left by Marina Granovskaia.

Then Boehly and Behdad Eghbali abandoned the big names, hired two people who had never done the job before and decided they should share the role.

In came Paul Winstanley, after leading Chelsea's strategy in the January transfer window. , along with Lawrence Stewart.'

Whenever I listen to Boehly speak about what they are trying to build, I don’t have any misgivings. Some of the blunders are hard to swallow, but if they stick to their vision of a multi club model and making the academy even stronger, I think they can get there.

8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Whenever I listen to Boehly speak about what they are trying to build, I don’t have any misgivings. Some of the blunders are hard to swallow, but if they stick to their vision of a multi club model and making the academy even stronger, I think they can get there.

Current owners are here for a while - as long as they learn from their mistakes -ie you need qualified, experienced back room staff

12 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Is this just a thread to chuck around insults now? 

Yes it fucking is you northern cunt 🤣. One of me old fella's favourites although they look like the gayest punk band of all time 😆