Todd Boehly Thread

On 30/04/2023 at 19:20, NikkiCFC said:

I agree with Klopp. That's why I don't blame Potter for anything. There is no example where you bring so many new players and that works. No manager in the world would be able to be successful this season. 

Mourinho did it first time round here. Signed 9 players. A season after we signed 14 players with Ranieri. That certainly worked.

It doesn’t help when the decision making and recruitments top heavy/poorly prioritised I suppose but a average manager sorely out of his depth doesn’t help exactly either. Should never of been in the position to find out in the first place but he was put there.

On 01/05/2023 at 01:20, NikkiCFC said:

I agree with Klopp. That's why I don't blame Potter for anything. There is no example where you bring so many new players and that works. No manager in the world would be able to be successful this season. 

Newcastle did it just now. Plenty of managers would have done comfortably better than potter 

Whenever I hear him speak about Chelsea there is nothing to suggest that he is not all in. I think they will become better owners and if you are truly dedicated to building a top team, success can be built on your own failures. You better have deep pockets for those failures. 

It would be nice to actually hear from him directly to the Chelsea fans, as opposed to snippets of their thought process being leaked at American business conventions.

I know we never heard from Roman during his time, but there would be someone from his inner circle at the time to offer that, whether it be Buck, Gourlay, Emenalo, Cech, etc. 

There doesn't seem to be that person currently at Chelsea, and this is where a lot more tension and frustration sets in with the fanbase. 

If their “long term vision” means waiting for all those 17 and 18 y.o. kids that they keep   buying (instead of giving the academy lads a chance) to turn into world class stars, then God help us. 

Edited by Cosmin

7 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I am not Boehly out obviously, but man you cannot admit that they have made so many poor choices this season. From hiring Potter, Ziyech transfer failure, Lampard signing, etc. It has been pretty bad.

I'd rather all the mistakes have come out this season as long as they learn from it.

Neville spot on. 100%. Not wrong on one point he mentions although he didn’t go and mention Frank/Potter appointments being poor.

Can’t even listen to Boehly’s interview, the guy is an absolute joke. Anyone thinking he can just turn it around all of a sudden and next season will be immediately better are dreaming.

Theres only one way it gets better - Boehly and Eghbali leave football things alone for the foreseeable. Are their ego’s going to let this happen? I don’t know - I don’t think they are humble enough to admit their at fault for 90% of this.

I mean as Gary Neville said, you don’t throw away all of a footballing infrastructure, medical team, physios, sports scientists etc away in the space of a year - pure arrogance saying its on them & throwing those to the wolves. Footballing suicide to change so much so soon. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea set to appoint Chris Jurasek as chief executive

https://theathletic.com/4512913/2023/05/12/Chelsea-chris-jurasek/

Chelsea set to appoint Chris Jurasek as chief executive

Chelsea are set to appoint Chris Jurasek as the club’s new chief executive.

Jurasek has been working as an operating executive for Clearlake Capital — the US private equity firm that now co-owns Chelsea alongside a consortium of investors including Todd Boehly.

Jurasek was also chief executive of a business funded by the California-based private equity firm and has already attended some business meetings in view of taking the position at the west London club, where he will aid Boehly in overseeing proceedings.

Chris Jurasek - Operating Executive - Clearlake Capital Group | LinkedIn

Tom Glick, who was appointed as the president of business at Chelsea in July 2022, is expected to report to Jurasek once he officially begins the role.

Glick previously worked at New York City FC and the City Football Group and was chief executive at Derby County in the 2000s.

Chelsea have endured a testing season on the pitch in what is Clearlake and Boehley’s first season at the helm.

Over two transfer windows, Chelsea spent more than £500million ($626m) but with results sorely lacking, both Thomas Tuchel and Graham Potter were sacked as head coach.

Frank Lampard is now in interim charge with a permanent successor to Potter not yet announced. Former Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is top of the list to succeed the Englishman.

Edited by Vesper

Yes, mistakes were made. 

But I'm glad they at least have the humility to admit it and try to rectify things.

And plus, I prefer an owner like this who actually passionately attends games unlike the absentee owners plaguing other clubs.

Onwards and upwards hopefully, from the next season.

Edited by Blue Armour

The pussyole know's he's going to get barracked if he comes to the Bridge especially on Sunday but watch him slime his way back in for the odd game if by some miracle we do well next season.

2 hours ago, Hot Dawg said:

The pussyole know's he's going to get barracked if he comes to the Bridge especially on Sunday but watch him slime his way back in for the odd game if by some miracle we do well next season.

I like have a gameday attending owner. He just needs to get the balance right and let the people he hired run the football operations.