Todd Boehly Thread

10 hours ago, Strike said:

Keep Poch away from the club and don't associate him with this disaster season at any cost. The players have clearly given up, have zero motivation now. Pochettino joining now means there is a risk of the fans turning on him before he even properly begins.

Let Poch start work in June and trim this squad to 24-25 players, get a proper pre-season.

There are "fans" that are being interviewed on TV, saying they'd rather Lampard stayed. 

Most of these idiots won't be happy to have Poch around regardless.

36 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why not? If he is/was in the door sooner he could properly evaluate the players he wants and then say right get rid of players X, Y and Z before pre-season starts their not going to be part of my plan. The squads huge, its not going to be easy for him to just come in over pre-season and trim 7 or 8 players with all the loan players returning and an already bloated squad that is like 30+ players.

I had a look at the squad and loanees to return who may be integrated/re-integrated in pre season - there is probably going to be over 45 players here in pre-season looking at the squad now and the loanees before players start leaving. That is ridiculous. Granted some will not be part of the squad but we’ve seen it time and time again, that managers tend to try out a lot of players in pre-season. Thats not including Nkunku also.

Ok fitness wise he maybe won’t get much out of the boys but theres still what 6 games he could try combinations and systems out (or if he was appointed 5 games ago, 11 games). Means pre-season could be tailored/streamlined as some things will have already been predetermined in terms of the squad what formation maybe works, who plays well together, who doesn’t.

The season is done and dusted but at least having a highly renowned, highly compete manager in place who is going to be here beyond the summer would keep some of these on there toes. Where as with Frank the players are going through the motions because they know he is not going to be here next season so it doesn’t matter if they show up or not. 

If he came in now I honestly believe it will do more harm than good, I would assume if he is appointed he will look at the players loanees, youth team first team, watch training sessions and get all the information he needs without having the rest of this disaster hanging over him like a black cloud. These 6 games could ruin next season if he takes over now, and secondly I doubt he would even want to take over now.

10 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Well then let's hope they have at least 'unofficially' decided on it.

What was reported by Fabrizio they have decided to work together and now its about the personal contract negotiations - salary, clauses and so on. 

22 hours ago, Thor said:

Can we cut the shit with "money used to buy mediocre players"? 

Everyone on here was gagging for the players we got post Tuchel, and now apparently they suck. Ridiculous really. 

We made great signings. Clearly - the talent level of the players isn't the issue. 

"Everyone on here was gagging for the player we got". So, it makes everyone here look like a fool, because the players we got exactly what I said: mediocre. The squad right now is no better than teams like Newcastle or Aston Villa. The fact we paid 500m on those guys doesnt mean they are great. This is by far the weakest squad of past 20 years, and not good enough to even finish inside top 4.

Its incredible how day by day Boehly looks even and even more clownish. Weeks ago he was sending PR pieces to press comparing Potter and Arteta to build the narrative that "giving the manager time" pays off, and right now Arteta just blew the PL trophy in a spectacular way.  LMAO

4 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Its incredible how day by day Boehly looks even and even more clownish. Weeks ago he was sending PR pieces to press comparing Potter and Arteta to build the narrative that "giving the manager time" pays off, and right now Arteta just blew the PL trophy in a spectacular way.  LMAO

Arteta is a loser , he would have retired without a trophy if he didn’t luck out facing frank for the fa cup 

39 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Marina would probbaly get all those players combined for 120m, instead of 500m.

Marina paid around £200m for Lukaku (trans fees, add-ons, and salary commitments)

so, no

she would not have paid £120m for £500m worth of players (and that is not even counting salaries)

nor £144m for £600m (the same percentage that 120 for 500 is)

I will say she and the old regime would NEVER have purchased many of the ones that cunt Boehly did

9 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Not sure where the right place for this would be, but the club are currently in talks with Allianz about being our shirt sponsor for next season.

Would look cooler than the 3 logo.

23 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why not? If he is/was in the door sooner he could properly evaluate the players he wants and then say right get rid of players X, Y and Z before pre-season starts their not going to be part of my plan. The squads huge, its not going to be easy for him to just come in over pre-season and trim 7 or 8 players with all the loan players returning and an already bloated squad that is like 30+ players.

I had a look at the squad and loanees to return who may be integrated/re-integrated in pre season - there is probably going to be over 45 players here in pre-season looking at the squad now and the loanees before players start leaving. That is ridiculous. Granted some will not be part of the squad but we’ve seen it time and time again, that managers tend to try out a lot of players in pre-season. Thats not including Nkunku also.

Ok fitness wise he maybe won’t get much out of the boys but theres still what 6 games he could try combinations and systems out (or if he was appointed 5 games ago, 11 games). Means pre-season could be tailored/streamlined as some things will have already been predetermined in terms of the squad what formation maybe works, who plays well together, who doesn’t.

The season is done and dusted but at least having a highly renowned, highly compete manager in place who is going to be here beyond the summer would keep some of these on there toes. Where as with Frank the players are going through the motions because they know he is not going to be here next season so it doesn’t matter if they show up or not. 

He will if he hasn't already gone over all our matches in recent years with a fine tooth comb, the idea he needs to manage this no win situation to get a head start is nonsense, with respect.

And even if we somehow get a bounce with these fixtures it would be hard if not impossible to tell if it's down to Pochettino's coaching or them upping their intensity to ensure a future here next season.

I agree with Klopp. That's why I don't blame Potter for anything. There is no example where you bring so many new players and that works. No manager in the world would be able to be successful this season.