Chelsea 2 - 4 Arsenal

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Very poor, very lethargic, was clear as day from the start it would be like this but it was mistake after mistake and it's a regular theme currently.

It's very clear that if we want to play out from the back that Sarr isn't good enough. He'll have a decent career for a mid tier club but he's not technically good enough to play at this level. I've seen Colwill play a couple of times this season when Huddersfield have been on the box and technically he is levels above Sarr. I'm not expecting him to come in and start regularly but Sarr has had a decent amount of minutes this season, Colwill could and should fill that spot next season.

If ever you needed a game to show you how much we'd miss Rudiger, not just by what he brings, but also what our alternatives to replacing him currently are, then that was the game.

Lukaku is a complete pointless task now. Instead of Tuchel just managing our way through the rest of the season, I would look at really building up and playing regularly what he is likely to still have here next season. Havertz, Mount and Werner have been playing well together recently and I'd just keep that going.

Kante is also a massive concern at the minute. He's been poor for a while now, as has Jorginho. The worry with Kante is if you start to take away his physical attributes, he's not the most technically efficient player. With both having contracts up next summer a big decision needs to be made, probably this summer, on what we want to do.

As a side note, the atmosphere was awful tonight. The club needs to look into whether we can move the season ticket holders all into sections and just leave pockets of the stadium empty because a dispersed crowd like that will lead to a real dead home atmosphere.

I'm surprised they haven't. Though guess if you've paid money for a season ticket in a certain area you'd want to be in that area..maybe.

Saying that Wembley was pretty dire at the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Maybe it’s that the TV doesn’t pick up the noise well, but our home crowd is often so quiet. That probably doesn’t give the players much energy and that motivation like it does for other teams.

Abramovich sanctions are biting.

Tonight is the first night fans are banned -only season ticket holders were allowed- it definitely affected our performance - gooner fans taking the piss singing 'Alonso murderer' 

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Abramovich sanctions are biting.

Tonight is the first night fans are banned -only season ticket holders were allowed- it definitely affected our performance - gooner fans taking the piss singing 'Alonso murderer' 

But there's still less Arsenal fans then ours yet they were the loudest. Guess like said they're spread out but still...shouldve been able to hear something at least. 

Not there's no one here blah blah

I genuinely think we could lose several more games the rest of the way if we aren’t focused and fully at it. I can’t even imagine or fathom what would happen if we missed out on top 4 from the position we’ve been in.

These players better put in one hell of a performance this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

But there's still less Arsenal fans then ours yet they were the loudest. Guess like said they're spread out but still...shouldve been able to hear something at least. 

Away fans are always more vocal -mobbed in one place like we are when away

West Ham cunts will be the same on Sunday

3 minutes ago, Razer Sharp said:

This loss is on Tuchel for picking These clowns Man I Miss Chillwell 😥 I really hope that Sarr , Alonso , Azpi , AC are out next we need a top CB a Physical DM  and a Good Left Back to Rotate with Chillwell I just hope this season ends already so we can finally Regroup

it is so predictable (not that I have any special powers) the the EXACT things I warned on on personnel-wise have consistently come back to bite us in the ass all season

LB (Theo, would we should have bought 2, 3 seasons back, let alone last summer, and then the horrific bad luck of a deal we had basically wrapped up (Marina was pretty much the first non Italian public figure to wish him well after he was injured), Leonardo Spinazzola, who would have been a terror as well, blowing up when he utterly destroyed his Achilles in the Euros) or bought Borna Sosa or Nuno Mendes- This summer, Aaron Hickey has to be i the mix as well.

RB (missing Hakimi was a nightmare, and we should have went for him 2, 3 seasons back OR we just should have offered Livramento whatever he wanted to stay or even better, bought Matty Cash, who is my number one target this summer for RB, as we do not have a buyback that kicks in yet for Livra)

DMF (Tchouameni, who now will cost £35-40m MORE or so, Rce at £85-85m was bonkers, now Ham wants £100-110m, which is just madness)

one WC Winger needed (and some deadwood tossed) Luis Diaz was out there (not that I super pushed him as I am so paranoid about Liga NOS to EPL transfers, they either are insanely good (rare, like Ruben Dias and Penendes) or far more often huge busts) BUT that is what the fucking scouting department is for, if Pool could see t why the fuck did we miss it? We miss a trick on another Pool star too, Jota. Ousame Demebele was there for only around £20-25m, and Raphinha could have been prised away for £40m or so

CF the disastrous Lukaku buy when Dusan Vlahovic or Victor Osimhen (yes, it would have taken a shedload for Osi, but still £20m less or so in trans fee, plus a massively lower salary than Rom)  were out there

Just now, Pizy said:

I genuinely think we could lose several more games the rest of the way if we aren’t focused and fully at it. I can’t even imagine or fathom what would happen if we missed out on top 4 from the position we’ve been in.

These players better put in one hell of a performance this weekend.

Hopefully this is the kick we need. If Arsenal and/or Spurs win Sat then that puts them 2 behind. We'd still have extra games to play but seen what we can do and we don't do it well..

Gotta start winning at home!

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Most away fans are usually really good, and to be fair we gave them every opportunity to get behind their team tonight with the mistakes.

But having that condensed, concentrated area of noise will help with the atmosphere and that's something we'll have to seriously consider. Roughly 10-12k empty seats dotted around the stadium will have a massive effect on the acoustics and atmosphere, it has to. This loss of fans isn't likely to be resolved before the end of the season so for the remaining 4 home games it's going to be a struggle.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Most away fans are usually really good, and to be fair we gave them every opportunity to get behind their team tonight with the mistakes.

But having that condensed, concentrated area of noise will help with the atmosphere and that's something we'll have to seriously consider. Roughly 10-12k empty seats dotted around the stadium will have a massive effect on the acoustics and atmosphere, it has to. This loss of fans isn't likely to be resolved before the end of the season so for the remaining 4 home games it's going to be a struggle.

Definitely but seems too late to sort it out now so guess be this way from now until end of the season

Hopefully this is the kick we need. If Arsenal and/or Spurs win Sat then that puts them 2 behind. We'd still have extra games to play but seen what we can do and we don't do it well..

Gotta start winning at home!

Could be wrong with the maths but I think the maximum both Arsenal and Spurs can get is 73 points. That is assuming they draw against each other and both win their other remaining games. If one beats the other, the losing team can only get to 72 points, again assuming they win their other 5 games. So with our goal difference we need 11 points from final 7 games and 10 if one was to beat the other.

It really shouldn't come to that point, and realistically I wouldn't trust either team to win their remaining games. Spurs for starters have to go to Anfield. 

But playing devil's advocate, I think the best result would be Arsenal to beat Spurs as I'd also be shocked if they went and won at Anfield. It would leave us needing 7 points from 7 games.

It'll be interesting to see how West Ham approach their game against us. They will have had a week's rest but the Frankfurt game for them is far more important. Do they rest players or play within themselves at the weekend? Hopefully we're a lot more focussed and on it and they have their minds elsewhere.

Definitely but seems too late to sort it out now so guess be this way from now until end of the season

If it's the same issue against West Ham, we have 2 weeks before the Wolves game which should be more than enough time for the club to address it if they wanted to find a way to sort it out.

Take away our three best players Rudiger, Havertz and 37 years old Silva, bench Jorginho after his abysmal  shows and we are a pub team. James is injury prone who probably plays RCB because Tuchel is saving him for the final. Sarr and Chalobah are the reason we were confident even though our defenders refused to sign extensions? If  Rudiger starts saving his body a la Christensen we may as well lose that top four place and put in jeopardize our future regarding expected sale. Worrying times ahead.

CL was a bless. And pure luck. We would probably need to wait for another one to win another trophy. Or Europa League. Domestic referees had us in their pocket. League is distant dream. Middle of the table future. With these management. 

Too much money spent to have pub team after removing three players. We have been  the worst run team for the past five years and counting.

If everyone of us make summer players out list, it would have  at least half of the first team and almost all reserves in it.

14 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Could be wrong with the maths but I think the maximum both Arsenal and Spurs can get is 73 points. That is assuming they draw against each other and both win their other remaining games. If one beats the other, the losing team can only get to 72 points, again assuming they win their other 5 games. So with our goal difference we need 11 points from final 7 games and 10 if one was to beat the other.

It really shouldn't come to that point, and realistically I wouldn't trust either team to win their remaining games. Spurs for starters have to go to Anfield. 

But playing devil's advocate, I think the best result would be Arsenal to beat Spurs as I'd also be shocked if they went and won at Anfield. It would leave us needing 7 points from 7 games.

It'll be interesting to see how West Ham approach their game against us. They will have had a week's rest but the Frankfurt game for them is far more important. Do they rest players or play within themselves at the weekend? Hopefully we're a lot more focussed and on it and they have their minds elsewhere.

That's it. It shouldn't become a drama and doesn't need to be a drama. In a ideal world hopefully get 3rd wrapped up before the final that's  before the end again.