Chelsea 2 - 4 Arsenal

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

That's it. It shouldn't become a drama and doesn't need to be a drama. In a ideal world hopefully get 3rd wrapped up before the final that's  before the end again.

I'd be surprised and really upset if we don't see a reaction at the weekend from the team and likely something more akin to what would be our strongest XI based on who is available.

For West Ham, they have to have one eye on Frankfurt. It's possibly the biggest game of a generation for them, and offers their only realistic opportunity of Champions League football. 

We must take advantage of that.

Sarr, Kristensen and of course Lukaku are pretty useless.
It was a deliberately depleted side but also no one seemed to really care.

The pen was a pen. Azpi dragged the man like circus clown and it was n't a dangerous cross either.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

a pretty bad game?

he was utterly fucking shambolic

a joke he is starting for the World Champions in a massive EPL game

a joke he would start for any EPL team

and Lukaku, RLC, and AC can fuck off as well

Azpi is no longer capable of playing CB unless he has Thiago AND Rudiger aiding him

I was being nice considering he is a young player who hasn't seen a whole lot of minutes. Turns out he's not that young, but what caught my attention is that he appears to be good on the ball, but also a bit overconfident? The defense consistently failed to perceive danger, and those times demand a different approach to defending.

It feels that Rudiger is the only physical CB we've got and we are lost when he does not play.

Edited by robsblubot

37 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I was being nice considering he is a young player who hasn't seen a whole lot of minutes. Turns out he's not that young, but what caught my attention is that he appears to be good on the ball, but also a bit overconfident? The defense consistently failed to perceive danger, and those times demand a different approach to defending.

It feels that Rudiger is the only physical CB we've got and we are lost when he does not play.

Thiago can deffo be physical, as can an in-form Trevoh

Mendy has not looked himself since the AFCON.

Their 2nd and 3rd goals were something a prime Mendy would have dealt with comfortably.

Hope he turns it around against West Ham. He had a stinker against them earlier this season. Would be a good chance at redemption.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Oh, and of course, Christensen picks up his 854th injury in his time at Chelsea.

Get this soft fucking clown out ASAP. Ship his ass to Barca now. Sick to death of him. Someone breathes in his direction and he gets hurt.

I give Christensen credit for his CL final performance. 

But for the most part he has always come across as such as a passive, weak player. Never plays any penetrating passes from defense (when in the central role) and shies away easily from challenges. And made of glass.

His mind is no longer at the club.

The defense was a shambles.
At this rate 4th place is in jeopardy well and truly.
Up front Lukaku was useless.
I prefer Pulisic one thousand times. The man runs, takes part in the game, scores some goals too.
Lukaku is such an idle barge.

i had a bad feeling going in to this game after Arsenal were on a losing streak, i just knew these cunts would play out of their skins against us, so fucking typical. They have won their cup final 🤣

the thing is, it’s all in our hands to secure top 4, we have a bigger GD, head to head advantage against Spurs, Arse has the head to head advantage against us now. We need to sort ourselves out against the hammers, no time to dwell on this shit result, we march on. No more Lukaku and Sarr in the starting 11 pls

Edited by Johnnyeye

This whole fuck up, is down to Tuchel, the team he picked, the system he played, and the personnel he chose.

I have no idea of his thinking, i don't think he does, not seen anything as ridiculous since Ranieri.

What the fuck was that 3 CB's about.

Why is he playing Dave and James out of position?

Add to that fucking Lukaku, hope that is the last we see of him...ever.

We have no creation in MF so who does he play RLC and Kante.

Glad I turned it off, got up this morning to find out the result 2-4 fucking disgusting.

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Could be wrong with the maths but I think the maximum both Arsenal and Spurs can get is 73 points. That is assuming they draw against each other and both win their other remaining games. If one beats the other, the losing team can only get to 72 points, again assuming they win their other 5 games. So with our goal difference we need 11 points from final 7 games and 10 if one was to beat the other.

It really shouldn't come to that point, and realistically I wouldn't trust either team to win their remaining games. Spurs for starters have to go to Anfield. 

But playing devil's advocate, I think the best result would be Arsenal to beat Spurs as I'd also be shocked if they went and won at Anfield. It would leave us needing 7 points from 7 games.

It'll be interesting to see how West Ham approach their game against us. They will have had a week's rest but the Frankfurt game for them is far more important. Do they rest players or play within themselves at the weekend? Hopefully we're a lot more focussed and on it and they have their minds elsewhere.

They will play their best team against us then in their games against Arsenal the following week, they will rest players as it is only 3 days after they play Frankfurt. Arsenal, I still don't think will catch us but cannot rule it out. I expect them to beat United and they play West Ham at a good time as West Ham will rest some players and generally will not be as fresh. For me Sunday is a must win game just to ensure we don't get in a panicky top 4 race.

I just dreaded this kind of result tbh. Arsenal have this knack for beating us every season now, it is really starting to do my head in.

The boss also explained Christensen’s half-time withdrawal…
'He said he could not continue so I think he had some problems and that’s why.'

In other words, Christensen has shat himself again. Unbelievable this guy.

43 minutes ago, Stats said:

They will play their best team against us then in their games against Arsenal the following week, they will rest players as it is only 3 days after they play Frankfurt. Arsenal, I still don't think will catch us but cannot rule it out. I expect them to beat United and they play West Ham at a good time as West Ham will rest some players and generally will not be as fresh. For me Sunday is a must win game just to ensure we don't get in a panicky top 4 race.

I just dreaded this kind of result tbh. Arsenal have this knack for beating us every season now, it is really starting to do my head in.

Yep. It'll be nice to finish the season or least know where we stand before the last game. We should be okay but we shouldve won against Bradford and shouldve got something from yesterday so who knows. 

I dont want to finish 4th...if we up 4th that's crap. Know Could be worse but we've been 3rd for so long! Need to go into Sundah with a different performance and get the points..if not eeek! Especially with Man U round the corner. 5 years or whatever since winning against them in the league is dire

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Gift that keeps on giving. I can't even be arsed to go on about how abysmal refereeing is in this country.  

This is what I don't get either. The FA Cup final is almost a month away, so is he going to keep resting players and making our job harder till then?

It was a 4th round Carabao Cup selection in a crunch Premier League game. 5 point gap with a game in hand still and I don't think there's real danger of Spurs or Arsenal catching up let alone both of them. But still - could have locked up the season much earlier and then rotated.

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Could be wrong with the maths but I think the maximum both Arsenal and Spurs can get is 73 points. That is assuming they draw against each other and both win their other remaining games. If one beats the other, the losing team can only get to 72 points, again assuming they win their other 5 games. So with our goal difference we need 11 points from final 7 games and 10 if one was to beat the other.

It really shouldn't come to that point, and realistically I wouldn't trust either team to win their remaining games. Spurs for starters have to go to Anfield. 

But playing devil's advocate, I think the best result would be Arsenal to beat Spurs as I'd also be shocked if they went and won at Anfield. It would leave us needing 7 points from 7 games.

Yeah, we are looking at 3 wins out of the 7 remaining games. Top 4 is in our hands but last night was avoidable stuff, especially when we've had 3 good games on the bounce. I'd leave the rotation for the West Ham game given they have a cup semi midweek.

Sarr gotta be the worst defender we’ve had this century .When him and Lukaku start we are essentially starting games with 9 players,one of which was AC.we need to upgrade the squad anyway and if we lose Rudi then it needs to be alot more.brings the whole team down a few levels without him.