Chelsea 1-1 Man United

Jase

Urghhhhhh!!! Don't know what to think on this one.

Our last league win against them was November 2017..thats a bit crap. They'll be full of confidence after today but so should we! We are capeable of getting a result so hopefully we don't do crappy things.

Chilwell's injury and the bald criminal are huge handicaps. Also them finding some form is untimely. They were still shit vs Villareal and would have lost if the submarine could hit a barn door yet under Ole they would have anyway. Still, we should not expect another route here. In fact a draw or narrow loss would not surprise me at all. FA will do all in their power to help their darlings to a win and derail our title challenge. And their squad is not even half bad ( in fact its market valuation is higher than ours^^) They just lacked confidence. We should try to drown them and not let them into the game while sussing out any counter attacks. NG will be vital here. Hope he is fit. Will take a narrow win here any day, even though they deserve a thrashing. Absolutely detest that shithole of a club.

Our USP under Tuchel has been team chemistry and the ability of filling in position if any individual is out. Unless we dont get complacent or a brilliant counter strategy to break us, we should be taking something out of this game. Chilwell will be miss but a fresh Alonso can be a menace in their half. United today strictly sat back in the first half absorbing pressure and started pressurizing only towards the end. Feel they would take the same stance on Sunday, that is where we would need to have the discipline to not get carried away for that aggressive press because they have quick runners who can hurt us on the counter. 

Hoping we continue with the momentum and have a good game yet again. 

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rangnick appointed as interim for United. 

The same man that the club went for before turning to Tuchel. Gonna be interesting to watch.

And at least Rangnick won't be in charge this weekend. 

Rangnick is a fox. Very quick and sharp thinker. He might do wonders with ManUre. Dont expect him to stay interim if he is as good with them as he was in bundesliga. He won the DFB Pokal with Schalke, beating Bayern in the semi and then again in the super cup. Also lead them into the champions league quarter final beating holders inter 5:2. He has never had the resources of huge entity such as ManUre at his hand. Lets hope he does not know what to do with it. It is his frist time coaching in a non-german speaking country but his language skills are decent. 90% sure he will be a hit 😕

Now that United have sorted their managerial problems, Carrick will be under no pressure. He will only be looking to get United over the line for Ragnick.

So we need to be prepared for any kind of shithousery. It was almost always the case with Ole in charge, but it will be even more so. And again, some of their players will be looking to showcase themselves for the new manager. 

Need to be sharp and ruthless here. 

Yeah, the moment they sacked Ole I instantly knew they wouldn’t be the utter embarrassment that they were against Liverpool, City, and Watford. They’ll be well up for us and even with their injuries and suspensions this will probably be tough.

But with our team in this form anything other that a home 3 points would be a huge letdown. Their midfield is poverty and they’re missing Maguire, Varane, and I think Shaw. Three of their starting back 4 and also Pogba.

So this will almost surely be a Mourinho or Solskjaer special in terms of their tactics. Sit deep, frustrate the fuck out of us, and use Rashford, Sancho, and CR7 to nick something on the break. Basically, we have to mark Bruno out of the game and they should be MUCH easier to see off. No supply for their front 3 and they can’t do much.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Rangnick is a fox. Very quick and sharp thinker. He might do wonders with ManUre. Dont expect him to stay interim if he is as good with them as he was in bundesliga. He won the DFB Pokal with Schalke, beating Bayern in the semi and then again in the super cup. Also lead them into the champions league quarter final beating holders inter 5:2. He has never had the resources of huge entity such as ManUre at his hand. Lets hope he does not know what to do with it. It is his frist time coaching in a non-german speaking country but his language skills are decent. 90% sure he will be a hit 😕

I can easily see him getting the job on a perm basis as ZERO chance (or near zero) ZZ will come to England (well to Manchester at least (as it is a shithole to live in), I think Roman, could, perhaps, long down the road, convince him to come to London MAYBE, especially if we had a new stadium for him to use as another recruiting tool, and that is only OF we wanted him, which is very iffy I will admit, as the time frame I am talking about is LONG (ZZ will likely become the France national team manager I wager, or PSG boss) and many other manager options will be there by that time)

I am not sold on Poch as a world class manager, sorry, especially for huge club full of huge egos like Manure will have (look at his struggles with PSG, he is even less effective running them than Tuchel was, especially at first)

48 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Now that United have sorted their managerial problems, Carrick will be under no pressure. He will only be looking to get United over the line for Ragnick.

So we need to be prepared for any kind of shithousery. It was almost always the case with Ole in charge, but it will be even more so. And again, some of their players will be looking to showcase themselves for the new manager. 

Need to be sharp and ruthless here. 

It's annoying but we faced Nuno's Spurs while Liverpool have to face Conte twice so I guess it's swings and roundabouts.