Chelsea 1-1 Man United

Jase

15 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think Werner before Lukaku also. Werner has been getting minutes.

Werner struggles against good opposition - heavy touches, unsure finish. Can't remember a goal he's scored against a half-decent team other than a tap in vs Real

Given the state United are in, fully expect them to sit back deep and catch us on the break. Has to be Havertz or Lukaku up front

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Given the state United are in, fully expect them to sit back deep and catch us on the break. Has to be Havertz or Lukaku up front

Tuchel already said Lukaku is very unlikely to start and implied that he's still short of match fitness. My guess is that Havertz will start (although he had minor hamstring injury this past week). If not, Werner unless Tuchel wants to go with Pulisic upfront again or risk throwing our rhythm out of the window by starting Lukaku.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Werner struggles against good opposition - heavy touches, unsure finish. Can't remember a goal he's scored against a half-decent team other than a tap in vs Real

Are people really still going on about the heavy touches? Jesus fucking Christ! Do people think the players don't work their shortcomings in training?

Unsure finish? Yes, Havertz and Lukaku have been banging in the goals, haven't they? They haven't missed chances, have they?

Tap-in or not, is it still not a goal? He just scored against Juventus in midweek. He also managed to score against Spurs last season (before they went shit) as well as West Ham and would have also gotten a goal at Anfield if it wasn't for stupid offside call. Furthermore, you're talking about a player who has played his part in helping us win big matches before, having contributed some vital assists. So while he may not have been scoring goals regularly, he isn't completely useless like you're making him out to be and by now, it should be obvious that we don't just create chances for the striker with the way we play.

@Turriga1 said: "Probably a better bet than Maguire in his current form."

@Rangnickball said: "A back 5 may be the reasoning as to this: Shaw Jones Bailly Lindelof Awb."

@ManUtd2345 said: "Start him over Maguire."

@TakenAsRed99 said: "Never give up on your dreams. He could be on the verge of a second coming, Phil ‘Gegen’ Jones, the poster boy for Rangnickball."

@UTDGrey11 said: "Better than Maguire in my books."

@PHJES said: "Great investment renewing his contract. Ole and Woodward masterclass."

@IroHikem said: "I think he needs to start this game as a proper replacement for Maguire."

9 hours ago, Jase said:

Tuchel already said Lukaku is very unlikely to start and implied that he's still short of match fitness. My guess is that Havertz will start (although he had minor hamstring injury this past week). If not, Werner unless Tuchel wants to go with Pulisic upfront again or risk throwing our rhythm out of the window by starting Lukaku.

Are people really still going on about the heavy touches? Jesus fucking Christ! Do people think the players don't work their shortcomings in training?

Unsure finish? Yes, Havertz and Lukaku have been banging in the goals, haven't they? They haven't missed chances, have they?

Tap-in or not, is it still not a goal? He just scored against Juventus in midweek. He also managed to score against Spurs last season (before they went shit) as well as West Ham and would have also gotten a goal at Anfield if it wasn't for stupid offside call. Furthermore, you're talking about a player who has played his part in helping us win big matches before, having contributed some vital assists. So while he may not have been scoring goals regularly, he isn't completely useless like you're making him out to be and by now, it should be obvious that we don't just create chances for the striker with the way we play.

Not completely useless but his goals against top teams are Spurs and West Ham + he was not a central striker when he did have good games for us in the CL winning run. He was playing inside left.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Not completely useless but his goals against top teams are Spurs and West Ham + he was not a central striker when he did have good games for us in the CL winning run. He was playing inside left.

Name me one player in the team right now who has scored consistently against top teams. 

You need to go watch back our CL run. Excluding the group stage, he only played on the left in the first leg against Atletico and Porto. The rest was in the central striker role, where he was much better/had good games. 

1 hour ago, Jase said:

Name me one player in the team right now who has scored consistently against top teams. 

You need to go watch back our CL run. Excluding the group stage, he only played on the left in the first leg against Atletico and Porto. The rest was in the central striker role, where he was much better/had good games. 

Wasn't Havertz down the middle for most of these games? I remember Werner playing from the left in Atleti, Real home legs. Anyway I think Havertz (and Lukaku) make more intelligent runs, keeps possession under pressure better. They are the two main striker options in the squad 

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Wasn't Havertz down the middle for most of these games? I remember Werner playing from the left in Atleti, Real home legs.

As I said, he did play on the left in the first leg against Atletico and Porto but not the other games.

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Anyway I think Havertz (and Lukaku) make more intelligent runs, keeps possession under pressure better.

lol Okay...

54 minutes ago, lucio said:

All out attack pls 

Not sure this is a wise idea as Utd love to play on the counter. Kante is actually a big miss for this game owing to the balls he cuts out. 

In my opinion, this game requires dominating the ball and systematically breaking them down. If we get to 2-0+ up, that would be when you can go for the jugular. 

Personally, I can see them, especially with AT as ref, sh*thousing us and hitting us on the counter. 

Edited by King Kante

Woke up feeling so confident and just remembered Anthony Taylor is in charge , Kante , Kovacic and Chillwell  injury , Ronaldo  have ZERO goals against Chelsea in PL , Bruno without g/a in like 100 games , Sancho with  no PL g/a , United sack OLE before this game and everyone expect Chelsea to trash this United 

we all usually know how this ends