Chelsea 4-0 Juventus

Jase

1 minute ago, milka said:

Tuchel's wealth is frightening as a choice of players .

No Havertz , no Lukaku , no Mount , no Christensen , no Werner , no Azpilicueta , no Kante , no Jorginho . No problem 4:0 .

all but Rom and AC played though

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

It's not like we need Alonso to come on anyway. Probably saving Alonso for United if Chilwell can't make it.

Just wondering. He looked like he was ready to come on but didn't. Thought Tuchel would want to shake off the rust on Alonso given he hasn't played in a while. Tuchel better not go play Azpi at LWB!

13 minutes ago, Beigl said:

because we can´t rely on the scoring-form of our wingbacks/defenders the whole season. 

the way we a play I see no reason why not

other than Azpi all our fullback options are proven scorers

and our CB's are all great in the air on headers

this was Juve's only other 4 goal defeat in Europe (it came in the UEFA Cup)

Celta Vigo 4-0 Juventus – 2000

Juventus’ great team from the mid-1990s that had reached three successive Champions League finals had started to break up, and the early part of the new millennium was a transitional phase.

Never was this more evident than during the UEFA Cup fourth round tie with Celta Vigo in 2000. Despite winning the first leg in Turin, coach Carlo Ancelotti saw his team unceremoniously crushed 4-0 in the return in Spain. French legend Claude Makelele got the ball rolling with the first after just 27 seconds.

20 minutes ago, Jase said:

Any idea why Azpi came on for Chilwell instead of Alonso??

Alonso is gonna play vs Manure so TT did not want both left backs to walk into the scythe.

Also not 100% first place is better. we avoid Bayern who showing signs of weakness while we could get PSG who i guess will finally click in spring

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the way we a play I see no reason why not

other than Azpi all our fullback options are proven scorers

and our CB's are all great in the air on headers

Alonso's and Azpi's lack of pace restricts our control over the offensive play speed of the game and also robs us off options such as high ball over the top or fast diagonals into space. we are a much worse side offensively with azpi and on both ends with alonso.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Alonso is gonna play vs Manure so TT did not want both left backs to walk into the scythe.

Also not 100% first place is better. we avoid Bayern who showing signs of weakness while we could get PSG who i guess will finally click in spring

If FM22 is anything to go by, the lack of away goal rule will make matches wild in the KO stage, regardless of whether one finishes 1st or 2nd. 😆

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

PSG can very easily finish 1st. Win tomorrow plus City have Leipzig away in the last round. 

You could use a number of superlatives to describe that performance. Almost perfect & that was without three of our main attackers.

We are playing some of the best football I've seen at the club in my lifetime, with everyone chipping in, especially upfront. Top spot in our hands now.

34 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

F-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c.
We still have to beat Zenit in Russia to finish first.

they are now missing their best CF, Sardar Azmoun (injured), and their best CB Dmitri Chistyakov (red card suspension)

they are Brasilian (4) and one Colombian heavy (in bold, half of their 10 outfield players), so that cold ass weather is not THAT much of a huge advantage

GK Stanislav Kritsyuk   
CB Dejan Lovren  32yo and slow
CB Yaroslav Rakitskiy   32yo and slower
LB Douglas Santos  (dangerous)
RB Vyacheslav Karavaev   
DMF Wilmar Barrios  
CMF Wendel  (dangerous)  
AMF Claudinho   (dangerous)

LW Andrey Mostovoy    
RW Malcom (dangerous)
CF Artem Dzyuba    (33yo tank)

Edited by Vesper

26 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Alonso's and Azpi's lack of pace restricts our control over the offensive play speed of the game and also robs us off options such as high ball over the top or fast diagonals into space. we are a much worse side offensively with azpi and on both ends with alonso.

well don't blame me, I have wanted Theo Hernandez at LB/LWB for ages, lol

and if he had not blown out his Achilles in the Euros, we very likely would have Leonardo Spinazzola there anyway (and he can play either side, he is one of those very rare right footers who is, like Cancelo, better a as LB than a RB)

42 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

As you probably know, I am one of Alonso's biggest supporters on here. However, there is not a situation where I see him starting against Sancho/Rashford and it coming out well defensively. In my opinion, start Dave get control of the game and look to bring him on after 60+ mins depending on what is required. 

Seriously, Utd have been crap but it would just like them to put in a sh*thouse performance against us (especially with Taylor as ref) and bang us on the counter. 

Edited by King Kante