Chelsea 4-0 Juventus

Jase

50 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Alonso and Rudiger did a fine job against Salah

No they didn’t . Alonso made a stupid mistake just before the goal we conceded and got breezed past multiple times.

maybe we could play CHO as left wing back. Has a decent left foot and bags of energy. Seems like the best solution to me of chilly really is out atm

shame Saul is a dud. He was brought exactly for that situation and has played last 2 years as lwb for tletli 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

well don't blame me, I have wanted Theo Hernandez at LB/LWB for ages, lol

and if he had not blown out his Achilles in the Euros, we very likely would have Leonardo Spinazzola there anyway (and he can play either side, he is one of those very rare right footers who is, like Cancelo, better a as LB than a RB)

Theo would have been so so perfect for us. Just as hakimi. No idea why that thick head loves ACrippled Milan so much 

seeing how shit his brother Lucas is for Bauern (should have conceded 2 pens today but Bayerndusel) always reminds me of how superior Theo is

2 hours ago, Jase said:

Just wondering. He looked like he was ready to come on but didn't. Thought Tuchel would want to shake off the rust on Alonso given he hasn't played in a while. Tuchel better not go play Azpi at LWB!

Alonso is genuinely the worst player in the squad imo. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

However, there is not a situation where I see him starting against Sancho/Rashford and it coming out well defensively.

We beat United 6 times with Alonso starting, City 5 times. Spurs 9 times. So he faced all those great wingers and there was zero damage defensively because of him.

I am actually proud of what we are achieving. Look a menace in defence and attack. The team/squad is literally complete. We can have players rotating in and out the team and they all look at home. I mean Chalobah was on loan at Lorient last season and played most of the games in midfield. Tuchel works with him and tries him as RCB and looks absolutely assured there. CHO has had to be patient but is getting his chances and looking the real deal. James is getting better and better with each game.

We beat a European giant today 4-0 with our first three scorers all coming from the academy. Chalobah, James and CHO. Every game we have at least 2/3 academy players on starting 11. Sometimes we generally like last night have around 5 players from academy featuring on pitch (Mount and RLC coming on). We long have yearned to see some of our academy players get a chance and have been criticized by media for not giving them a chance. Now we are giving them chances. People thought after transfer ban, that would be it, but nope despite the riches, we are still giving our academy player chances. Proud to see this. In fact, there is no other club in the major leagues who is giving this many chances to their academy players whilst completing for major honours.

Really happy for Ziyech tonight. Was fantastic. CHO fantastic once again and got a goal too. There is not one player who I can pick out a negative on but James was just another level again. Only 21!  

Bring on Sunday!

25 minutes ago, Mana said:

I know we have beaten a big name but remember this isn’t prime Juventus. I mean their main striker is one of our rejects Morata.

And they are off the pace in Serie A (8th place). It’s like Dortmund beating United under Ole and a Dortmund fan saying we beat a massive football giant.

Great win and we beat the toughest team by far in our group, but there will be tougher challenges to come, including maybe City that if we meet them in Europe again, they will want serious revenge.

But I am happy that I am seeing progress within this team. 

They were top of our group prior to kick-off, so they haven't faired too bad in Europe.

From 3:03 here...

Tuchel said he ended up bringing Azpi - instead of Alonso - on for Chilwell due to confusion because he was too focused on the match. The initial plan was to bring Azpi on for James and of course, Alonso for Chilwell. 

6 hours ago, Mana said:

I know we have beaten a big name but remember this isn’t prime Juventus. I mean their main striker is one of our rejects Morata.

And they are off the pace in Serie A (8th place). It’s like Dortmund beating United under Ole and a Dortmund fan saying we beat a massive football giant.

Great win and we beat the toughest team by far in our group, but there will be tougher challenges to come, including maybe City that if we meet them in Europe again, they will want serious revenge.

But I am happy that I am seeing progress within this team. 

I know it is not prime Juve, but they are still a European giant and a big name. They have an extremely experienced coach who was probably hoping to stifle the game out, but did not work.  While they are not the same team, they still have extremely talented players. Bonucci, De Ligt, Sandro, Chiesa, Locatelli... let's not downplay the extent of the win. I expected us to win, but to win so emphatically is what really stands out, especially when on paper, our preferred front 3 did not even start the game (Mount, Havertz, Lukaku).

Edited by Stats

“With all due respect to the Champions of Europe, Wojciech Szczesny didn’t have a real save to make.”

From Allegri's press conference after the first game. Szczcesny certainly had some work to do yesterday and still ended up conceding four. 🤣

21 minutes ago, Jype said:

“With all due respect to the Champions of Europe, Wojciech Szczesny didn’t have a real save to make.”

From Allegri's press conference after the first game. Szczcesny certainly had some work to do yesterday and still ended up conceding four. 🤣

So.. denying Ziyech's open goal chance or James' free kick / volley were not real saves? What is real save then?

7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

So.. denying Ziyech's open goal chance or James' free kick / volley were not real saves? What is real save then?

That comment by Allegri was from the first game in September when they won 1-0. Came across a bit arrogant there but got put in his place last night.

30 minutes ago, Jype said:

That comment by Allegri was from the first game in September when they won 1-0. Came across a bit arrogant there but got put in his place last night.

Ah, sorry, I thought he said this after yesterday game. Makes more sense..