Chelsea 4-0 Malmo

Jase

Is it just me or, considering that we are champions of Europe and sit top of the league, is there very little positivity about the place? A good performance and a convincing win against the Swedish champions could only help.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

12 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Is it just me or, considering that we are champions of Europe and sit top of the league, is there very little positivity about the place? A good performance and a convincing win against the Swedish champions could only help.

If anything, I'm surprised there hasn't been more moaning after yesterday!

Yes, we are sitting top of the table and all that but the team has been somewhat off over the past month or so aka there are some problems with the team. Will they persist or will they go away?

Moreover, we Chelsea fans should know better than to get carried away about a good start to the season. We have had plenty of good start to the season over the years, only to fall away come the winter period. 

8 minutes ago, Jase said:

If anything, I'm surprised there hasn't been more moaning after yesterday!

Yes, we are sitting top of the table and all that but the team has been somewhat off over the past month or so aka there are some problems with the team. Will they persist or will they go away?

Moreover, we Chelsea fans should know better than to get carried away about a good start to the season. We have had plenty of good start to the season over the years, only to fall away come the winter period. 

I'm not critical about the lack of positivity; I understand it and can't escape it myself. I also wasn't speaking only of talkchelsea. I'm including the vibes coming out of the squad itself. We're bouncing along and somehow we've bounced to the top but there's little sense that we are In control of our destiny.

In a different thread someone posted Liverpool's upcoming fixtures and ours. The face value impression being that our run of matches is much easier than Liverpool's. The thought which came to my mind however is that I would rather have Liverpool's team and their fixtures, than our team and ours. We need a shot in the arm.

Ideal game for Lukaku and Werner to pad their stats. It is also a must win, so probably no second string. Hope to see more attacking fullbacks maybe even CHO. Not sure about Rüdigers, silva's fitness so maybe give Sarr and Trev another go. Jorginho should surely come back in.

36 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Have they ever looked comfortable playing with each other?

for me its biggest myth so far. dont know where people seen it.

About game. I would give a rest for Kova, Azpi. Maybe to soon to change formation(we need win):
Mendy
James-Chalobah-Silva-Rudiger-Alonso
Jorg-RLC
Mount-Lukaku-Werner

Most of our players have played 2 years solid with very little rest in between.. and what with all the international breaks etc, the start to the season was always going to be disjointed with very little pre season together as a whole squad...should win the next few and come November we should start to see more fluidity in attack when the season can carry on with no interruptions!

Pulisic injury since joining Chelsea :

- 11 injury

- 38 matches misses 

- 335 days out

So frustating , sometimes I forget he's a Chelsea player .I just don't know what to say regarding Pulisic. It's always "almost" for him, tries to gain momentum and then he is out again.

Season after season same thing . 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Likely to see Lukaku dropped here. 

I'm sure Tuchel will say he needs a rest, but pretty sure in the back of his mind he wants to see how Werner/Havertz/Mount operates. 

I wouldn’t be so sure tbf.

I think TT knows that Lukaku maybe needs a goal and Malmo are the sort of team he could grab a couple against with ease I would imagine. 

Hopefully we see 343 again though, we have played worse using 352 than 343 this season.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Tuchel said in his press conference that Lukaku is being overplayed with all the competitions he represents for club and country. We may see Lukaku playing less minutes and some games off.

Well, Malmö game is perfect oppurtunity to ice him. Havertz hasn’t featured much lately, let’s see him with Timo.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Well, Malmö game is perfect oppurtunity to ice him. Havertz hasn’t featured much lately, let’s see him with Timo.

Tbh in all of next 6 games we should score at least 3 goals every game.

On 18/10/2021 at 20:57, MoroccanBlue said:

Mendy

Christensen Silva Rudiger

James Jorginho Kante Chilwell

Mount

Havertz Werner

I'd be quite surprised to see Lukaku dropped. Also, if anything, this double header should be the perfect chance for him to find some form.

Edited by LAM09