Brentford 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

9 minutes ago, lucio said:

Individuals did well but collectively it was piss , a good defensive display limits the opposition to very few chances , especially mediocre opposition like Brentford 

I think your confusing it some what, why is it always WE where bad defensively? Why can't we just appreciate what Brentford just tried to do to us they was nothing short of brilliant and we stopped them every time to me thats been good defensively.

I really dont give a rats ass how we won, 3pts here is massive after int games and plenty injured players, pool was lucky to get a draw here.

Yes we have issues but TT will iron those out im sure. As I said earlier this is a grind match and we did just that.

I know it's naughty- but I really really really like the way Brentford play. I want them to stay up.

They have done an amazing job over the past few years.

It was a proper game of football and as @Vespersaid, for once Taylor didn't fuck us over. I really enjoyed the game. 

Chalobah and Sarr needed that type of game.

Like I just finished explaining to my Man City supporting friend (who can't seem to figure out why I was so happy) this kind of wins makes the difference in the end.

Inevitably people are going to forget how shit we were against Brentford today, however the 3 points from the match might and probably will be vital in May.

Edited by different level

13 minutes ago, lucio said:

Individuals did well but collectively it was piss , a good defensive display limits the opposition to very few chances , especially mediocre opposition like Brentford 

Spot on. Sarr and Mendy were ace individually but we were all over the shop collectively. We allowed them chances over and over again in our box. They hit the post multiple times. Mendy saved our skin like 4 times.

Another day and we concede several. That thought combined with our horrendous looking attacking play is concerning.

Yes, 3 points is 3 points, but there are quite a few worrying signs. Every attacking player looking gash is chief amongst them. Our defenders are more clinical than our expensive attackers.

17 minutes ago, lucio said:

Where the defenders actually poor though or did Brentford keep winning a lot of second balls in midfield/keep overloading the far post in the second half?

Lets not deny that Kante, Kovacic and Ruben struggled in the second half with the intensity and once we got the ball, we lacked the composure to keep it and play through them (ironically think Tuchel missed a chance to bring Jorginho on for RLC last 15-20 mins or so to try get control in there again).

I don’t think you can say those 3 in the backline did poorly or didn’t play as a unit. For their first game together, I felt every one of them did well and whilst we struggled with Brentford overloading the far post a lot (as did Liverpool and Arsenal), you cannot say it was really the 3 CBs who were really at fault. The wingbacks when they dropped in to help out, aren’t particularly great in the air and were always likely going to be second best up against their men. 

Obviously you defend as a team, all 11 players and today the midfield and the wingbacks weren’t particularly good by any stretch of the imagination. Even more so second half, where the midfield was very exposed and very reactive instead of proactive to second balls. We seen this v Spurs for us. Brentford upped the intensity and worked their arses off in there. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Beigl said:

Really? I actually thought he had a bad game. Many very shaky moments. 

Wtf did you watch!?!? out of the three he was probably the best, or was it just me no? 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Beigl said:

Christensen was comfortably better. Sarr got caught out a few times. 

Again did feel Christensen lead the defence very well moving to the middle from his normal side when Thiago is there but really felt Sarr was very strong in his duels and it didn’t phase him at all. Showed physicality, athleticism, technical attributes - after a loan spell at Porto where many thought he wouldn’t ever be good enough too.

Maybe just difference of opinions and supposing how Christensen has been virtually faultless majority of the games under Tuchel, maybe its to be expected from AC now as much as anything this level of performance. 

Again, where are those fellas who said we should sell Mendy?

A tad questionable XI from Tuchel but thought we controlled the first half well and were deservedly ahead but we completely lost the plot in the second half. Had only 1 shot, I think, and our lack of chance creator suddenly became apparent then.

Hardly news but Steve McManaman and Andy Townsend are complete jokes as pundits (as most are I supposed)!

1 minute ago, milka said:

Just the fu*king best GK in the world .

Thank you Edou . 

at this exact moment, I think a case could be made he is the best GKer on the planet

It is down to Mendy,

Alisson (2nd for me atm),

the old man Manuel Neuer (3rd for me atm)

Oblak has been a bit off form (for him, he us still a monster and will rebound I am sure, I put him 4th)

Cuntois (has made some errors for RM, U put him 5th) 

Ederson has been a bit off, I put him 6th

Donnarumma has not even (so strange) been a regular starter for PSG and still does some crazy things 

ter Stegen (8th for me) is not in great form, I would actually take

Emi Martinez (9th for me atm)

and 10th is wide open,

most of these can make a case

Mike Maignan  
Illan Meslier   (will be top 5 in a few years I think) 
Unai Simón   
David Raya    (who we just saw)
Gregor Kobel 
Juan Musso
Ugurcan Cakir  
André Onana    
Altay Bayindir
Odysseas Vlachodimos   
Predrag Rajkovic  

48 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Wow just wow Mendy, Cech you beauty.

Also RLC was not comfortable with the ball at the end, it seems like he didnt want to take responsibility. Kept on waiting for someone else do take charge. Thats what I saw anyway.

The ball bouncing off Lukakus back was the last straw for Tuchel lol dragged him off after that, his off ball work rate is not good.

RLC was knackered at the end, he is not used to a full, very hard 90 minutes yet