Brentford 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Massive result despite the performance. As mentioned by myself and many others, Liverpool and Arsenal dropped points vs them.

The performance wasn’t great first half or even close to good second half - they absolutely battered us last 30-35 minutes - but we would of lost this game last season. 100% so for me, albeit with a lot of questions still, its another sign of progress - winning when playing poorly. Like we did at times with Jose, Carlo and Conte as well as in 2012.

Hard earned win clearly but again, sometimes the best results are the hard earned ones. Brentford are no mugs. They look up to the standard Wolves were when they got promoted and will remain in the PL for the foreseeable if they maintain their approach and manager.

Also after an international break, make shift back 3 (all who played extremely well), still an attack that isn’t exactly anywhere near as potent as it should be or on the same wavelength, don’t let the bad performance necessarily cloud that this is a good result.

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don’t fucking get it. We came out of the half time talk and dominated the first 15 minutes. Then just completely stopped playing.

We were also HORRIBLE defensively and could’ve conceded 3-4 on another day. We looked like Burnley defending against City for the last 25 minutes, ffs. Embarrassing.

Chalobah and Sarr were decent individually but our overall defensive organization was all over the shop. I pray Rüdiger and Silva are back ASAP.

If u think that was bad defending, then fuck me what's good defending? 

What a night. Can’t believe we hung on for 20misn va fkin Brent Ford but int break and half the defence injured are mitigating factors

our strikers are still useless tho cos the team has 0 clue how to work with quick, counter attacking forwards 

1 minute ago, Milan said:

You just have to respect the opponent. They fight real hard and even after the final whistle after losing to us, their fans were singing. Lovely to see. They really cherish the opportunity.

That's it. They just went for it and kept going for it. Had Mendy been bit off or they hadn't hit the post twice They could've won that. Crazy. Hope they stay up and this isn't a blip

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

What a night. Can’t believe we hung on for 20misn va fkin Brent Ford but int break and half the defence injured are mitigating factors

our strikers are still useless tho cos the team has 0 clue how to work with quick, counter attacking forwards 

We have a 100 million tree leading the line offering nothing. 

Wow just wow Mendy, Cech you beauty.

Also RLC was not comfortable with the ball at the end, it seems like he didnt want to take responsibility. Kept on waiting for someone else do take charge. Thats what I saw anyway.

The ball bouncing off Lukakus back was the last straw for Tuchel lol dragged him off after that, his off ball work rate is not good.

4 minutes ago, Kong said:

If u think that was bad defending, then fuck me what's good defending? 

Individuals did well but collectively it was piss , a good defensive display limits the opposition to very few chances , especially mediocre opposition like Brentford 

Just now, Muzchap said:

Lukaku was shit - but if we had Fabregas in our team he would score more.

We just don't release the ball quick enough- so frustrating.

Very true.

Seen a moment where Chilwell could have then he eventually does and Lukaku’s offside - was chance he tried to cross for Werner low and hard across the box - which happens 4/5 times a game.

Ball doesn’t come soon enough, he is offside - same with Werner sometimes also. This will hold us back a lot.