Juventus 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Azpi & Alonso again. Damnit. They have their uses and have done well to start this season but come on…

Chilwell, when in form, is one of the best LB’s in Europe and he hasn’t gotten a significant kick for club or country since the CL final in which he was brilliant. I simply do not understand it. Against super quick, super skillful Juve wingers like Cuadrado and Chiesa we start a LWB who can barely move defensively.

Full trust in TT but man this is frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Still no Chilwell after that bad performance from Alonso against City?

At this point this is ridiculous

I have my faith in Tuchel, I’m very much willing to believe he neglects him for good reason. 

Alonso will be a key figure while we still play a back 3/5 because he's the only natural wingback we have. 

Missing out on Hakimi or even failing to convince Livramento to stay was a killer.

Edited by Tomo

On 28/09/2021 at 18:02, Clockwork said:

There is no point arguing with OneMoSalah regarding RLC, he has been shitting on him for years. You could talk to a wall and have a more sane conversation.

Saul is not a Chelsea player and has been underperforming for years. Many Barca and Madrid fans have stated he is extremely overrated and living off of his goal against Bayern. I am willing to give him a few more opportunities to see what he can do. But time is ticking to invest in a player you don’t own.

RLC is performing as Tuchel has said, he has earned those minutes based on his play. I don’t know why the opinion on RLC is so extreme, guys there is a middle ground between being a regular and never playing. Right now RLC is contributing positively, and is being rewarded with more playing time. Simple as that, and by the end of season you could sell him for a higher fee if the clubs sees it that way.

Well wait and see if we have to count on Ruben regularly, for a prolonged period, we are fucked. Once Saul is up to speed and the intensity he will go ahead of him undoubtedly and surprise a lot of people. 

Was actually impressed with Ruben briefly under Sarri but there is a reason Sarri didn’t trust him for half a season and then had to basically micromanage him when he did play because positionally and tactically, he wasn’t up to it, not hard to see that. His ability to know when to press or hold his position was a huge weakness and still is. Look at the games he’s featured in, when he has came in and played, mainly in the deeper positions, the spaces are embarrassing.

At Fulham he was shite and at Palace he did virtually nothing, just have to look at his appearances, goals, assists, chances created, key passes for the PL. For a number 10, they are embarrassing. He is so clearly a mid table player, end of story. He's probably only here because he’s on huge wages and nobody deemed a move for him viable, which its hardly impossible to see why is it, I think he had 1 goal and 3 assists for Fulham or something along those lines. 

Saul has been underperforming for many years? Do regularly underperforming players make the spine of championship winning teams? Honestly 😂 I mean people moan about having average players around, we shifted a fair amount but unfortunately Ruben and Ross are 100% in that category. 

On another note, I am surprised that Chilwell hasn’t maybe started here but also at the same time bar v City, Alonso has usually managed to get into some very good positions this season in the opponents half which is key when you play wingbacks. It looks like Juve have gone for a false 9 which is interesting and also seems a bit daft considering our back 3 and 2 sitting players usually end up congesting that central spaces very well so for them to play a false 9 to try come to the ball in that area and get turned to find runners in behind or between our CBs, seems very strange. Very un-Allegri too. Unless hes hoping to do what Spurs did and also City did and maybe have 3 players who can press high to stop us playing short from the GK/CBs to Jorginho. 

Edited by OneMoSalah