Juventus 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, gdlk said:

I think that teams have found out that system and its not working anymore

We have zero pace out wide and central midfielders that are playing a game of retention vs progressing the ball forward. 

I expect immediate changes 2nd half. 

Havertz has hugely struggled too tonight. Loose and sloppy control a lot, wanting half a day on the ball. I hope TT drills we need to be sharper into these guys at HT because if we are a bit more sharper we might get that breakthrough or even a bit of luck. Whoever gets the first goal is likely to win this game by the looks of it. Obviously more to it than just that but being a lot more sharper and careful in the final third could give us that half chance or chance.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Saturday shitty had all the possesion and we never had a shot on tatrget.

Now we have all the possesion and we still can't get a shot on target.

I said at the start no way Chilwell and CHO... now i'm saying ffs get tehm on.

What a fucking infuriating performance. We all KNEW Juve would set up ultra defensively and that’s exactly what they’ve done. So what do we do? We make it extremely easy for them to park their entire team behind the ball by playing walking pace football with ZERO ideas about how to penetrate the lines. Kova and Jorginho didn’t seem to pass the ball forward AT ALL and neither wingback seemed to cross the halfway line in any sort of dangerous position.

And to make things even more annoying, Juve’s only real dangerous moments that whole half came from schoolboy errors from us. Lazy square passes (which Kova has been doing for years now) and silly fouls that this idiot ref is all to glad to whistle.

We looked like a clueless Mourinho team there who has never trained attacking patterns.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Missing out on Hakimi is coming back to haunt us.

That was the position that needed urgent upgrading this summer.

Least we have a buy back on Livarmento. Think not keeping him around will haunt us even more. 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Record signing or not Rom should be dropped for the big games until he proves himself in them.

Think the only issue with that is that tonight, he has probably been the best of the three up there and he’s not been heavily involved.

His movement and link up is there in fits and starts but he can do a bit better as can the ones supporting him. In fact I would be questioning Ziyech and Havertz’s contributions more. In fact I hope we get a change there and the most likely is Werner looking at the bench… and I cannot believe I am saying it, but he cannot do any worse than Havertz or Ziyech - surely?

People probably wont admit it but love him or hate him, we miss Mason Mount in these types of fixtures. People may question his contribution but he links the midfield and attack much much better than those 2 have so far.