Juventus 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

11 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Euros required players to be vaxed, but some teams that went out fast may not have completed both stabs. Not sure about the timing of France's exit?

Around half PL players are not vaccinated. And some NBA players are threatening to end career if they have to be vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, guddy69 said:

But it doesn't stop you catching it.. So why are you so angry? 

I asked if he was fully vaxxed or not

IF you are fully vaxxed it is possible (but FAR less likely) to catch it, and the odds of you being hospitalised or dying are staggeringly lower than for an unvaxxed person

I detest anti-vaxxer crackpots and vax refuseniks

they are playing a major role in continuing the pandemic and vastly increasing the odds that a VOHC (variant of high consequence) is brewed up out there

89ad29848e6c588fc4ada0dacf588343.pngbdcc0aabc76c12018802b8bf9bad40f0.png

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Saul has had two unimpressive outings. Both times he could not handle the press. As harsh as you are criticizing RLC, that needs to be applied to all. Saul may come good, he may not. The only thing I have said is game time needs to be earned. So far RLC has been more composed and less of a liability. 

There is no point arguing with OneMoSalah regarding RLC, he has been shitting on him for years. You could talk to a wall and have a more sane conversation.

Saul is not a Chelsea player and has been underperforming for years. Many Barca and Madrid fans have stated he is extremely overrated and living off of his goal against Bayern. I am willing to give him a few more opportunities to see what he can do. But time is ticking to invest in a player you don’t own.

RLC is performing as Tuchel has said, he has earned those minutes based on his play. I don’t know why the opinion on RLC is so extreme, guys there is a middle ground between being a regular and never playing. Right now RLC is contributing positively, and is being rewarded with more playing time. Simple as that, and by the end of season you could sell him for a higher fee if the clubs sees it that way.

2 hours ago, guddy69 said:

But it doesn't stop you catching it.. So why are you so angry? 

Being vaccinated reduces your likelihood of contracting the virus and increases your chances of surviving it if you do.

Put it another way; looking to your right, left and right again before crossing a road does not guarantee you wont get hit by a car but it helps. Each of us was taught that behaviour by our parents and either have taught, or will teach, it to our own kids. We do that because it's a blindingly obvious precaution.

Most recent study of survivability of vaccinated and unvaccinated. The other major reason is if you are vaccinated you can still test positive but the effects are much lighter. A lady I work with was unvaccinated and will be on a Rx of several meds for the rest of her life due to lung damage.

The most concerning issue that seems to be getting clearer is vaccinated people shed the virus at the same rate as unvaccinated when they are positive This pandemic may only end in a couple generations of immune systems adapting through genetic adaptations. I am diabetic, getting the virus is pretty much a death sentence with my compromised immune system. With the vaccine, the numbers are really good for diabetics.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-study-in-england-shows-few-deaths-among-vaccinated-11631549453

For Juve it's the worst season in living memory so far. We should  beat them.
I was happy with Pep losing 2-0 but PSG is a force we are going to play against sooner or later.
The rest appear non entities, bar Ajax. Ajax went ahead 2-0 at halft time against Besiktas but in the second half they all went to sleep.

11 hours ago, milka said:

-------------- Mendy-----

---Christensen--Silva---Rudiger

--Azpi---Jorginho---Kovacic---Alonso

----Havertz----Lukaku----Werner 

I would drop both Alonso and Azpilicueta and play Hudson-Odoi and Chilwell at wingback. Gives pace down the flanks for overloads

Odds from Independent 

Odds

Juventus: 16/5

Draw: 5/2

Chelsea: 9/10

Prediction

Juventus have shown signs of life after their horrendous start to the season in Serie A, but the injuries to Dybala and Morata have come at a bad time for the Old Lady. Chelsea will be looking to respond following their disappointing defeat to City and this is a good opportunity for Tuchel to secure an important win over his Group H rivals. Juventus 0-2 Chelsea

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/juventus-Chelsea-predictions-odds-form-b1927638.html

Last year we were always the challenger. Now Tuchel has to perform when we are the favorite in the vast majority of matches. It is a different kind of pressure.

Seems Juve are missing half their team including some of their best players. Expect they’ll try to make this a defensive slog and be as physical as possible with us. So I hope we don’t go with a conservative XI that includes Azpi as a wingback.

Pick an attacking team, start out on the front foot, and put ourselves in a completely commanding position in the group by wining this. Would be ridiculous and make us look like frauds if we lose to a terrible Juve team missing so many key players.

After that shambolic shitshow against City where we looked like a terrified youth team our players need to put in a serious performance.

It’s about time the likes of Havertz & Ziyech start contributing with some goals and assists. 

Juventus will certainly give us a tough test but if Tuchel get his tactics right, we should beat them although it will hopefully be an entertaining match. 

Jorginho and Mount though are doubts but we should still have enough to get the win as long as we improve on Saturday's poor performance. 

2021-22 UEFA Champions League Group Stage: Week Two – Juventus vs Chelsea – Sport Grill

9 hours ago, Strike said:

I would drop both Alonso and Azpilicueta and play Hudson-Odoi and Chilwell at wingback. Gives pace down the flanks for overloads

CHO is a forward no more than that.

And Chilwell is a Full back no more than that.