Juventus 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Least we have a buy back on Livarmento. Think not keeping him around will haunt us even more. 

I think we need to revert to a back 4. Azpi/James and Chilwell are fine as fullbacks but don't cut it as wingbacks (attacking wise).

The only way this wingback system works in an attacking sense with this current lot is if Alonso and/or CHO are having an ace game, it's no coincidence our best display so far is Spurs where Alonso pulled a 10/10.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think the only issue with that is that tonight, he has probably been the best of the three up there and he’s not been heavily involved.

His movement and link up is there in fits and starts but he can do a bit better as can the ones supporting him. In fact I would be questioning Ziyech and Havertz’s contributions more. In fact I hope we get a change there and the most likely is Werner looking at the bench… and I cannot believe I am saying it, but he cannot do any worse than Havertz or Ziyech - surely?

People probably wont admit it but love him or hate him, we miss Mason Mount in these types of fixtures. People may question his contribution but he links the midfield and attack much much better than those 2 have so far.

It's more off the ball, his pressing is non existent and every successful team presses well.

His spell here is starting to go just as I feared, gets goals but makes the dynamic weaker.

Neither Alonso nor Azpi can get on the ball and beat defenders one on one. That is an issue they’ve ALWAYS had. They aren’t technically good enough and they aren’t fast enough. They should ONLY play wingback against teams we are vastly better than.

Just imagine TT’s setup if we had the two Liverpool fullbacks. We’d be unstoppable. We need pace and aggression in those areas. Azpi and Alonso are statues.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think we need to revert to a back 4. Azpi/James and Chilwell are fine as fullbacks but don't cut it as wingbacks (attacking wise).

The only way this wingback system works in an attacking sense with this current lot is if Alonso and/or CHO are having an ace game, it's no coincidence our best display so far is Spurs where Alonso pulled a 10/10.

Still have hope Chilwell can be a fantastic LWB. He's hardly put in a horrid shift there anyway. 

Livramento would've been mint for us and its disappointing Tuchel didn't encourage him to stay.