Juventus 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

going to say it now

Gallagher out on loan and the waste (again apparently) of Saul was a cock up

Gallagher is very creative from all that I have seen (and on shit teams) and an action man, relentless

Yeah, Gallagher looks like the player we need right now. 

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

2 games..1 shot on target. Thats dire

4 missed FOUR golden opportunities tonight

Kai is starting to worry me, he should have scored BOTH those headers

and of course the Lukaku kicked miss

and his header (the hardest of all 4) that went wide

All the good vibes form a few weeks ago have been sapped for me personally. It’s especially worrying how poor EVERY one of our attacking players look. Not a single one is playing well. Literally all 3 attacking player we bought last summer looks a shadow of what they were before coming to Chelsea. 

Werner was one of the most lethal strikers in the world, Ziyech was an incredible magician who put up silly numbers, and Kai was a silky wonder kid who could score and assist at a hugely impressive level. A year and a half later and none of them are even half the player we had hoped.

Even Mr. Consistent himself Mason Mount has been poor this season.

Our midfield signing this summer has fallen behind RLC and Ross fucking Barkley in the pecking order. Two players we couldn’t GIVE away this summer. 

Depressing as hell. If we don’t get 3 points this weekend and in impressive fashion we could really spiral here.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Yeah, Gallagher looks like the player we need right now. 

I think all know that I concentrate most (by far) on two areas

fullbacks/wingbacks

and MFers

and we are well fucked atm in terms of passing creativity from MF

and out wingbacks are slow AF (Azpi and Alonso) or not so good at wingback (Reece) and then Chilwell looks clueless for months upon months

remove the dross of Barkley, Sarr, Musonda, Saul and Lewis Baker (tempted to add in RLC too) plus Alsono

and insert Hakimi (now impossible), Theo, Tchouameni and Gallagher and 85% of our problems would have been solved

then, moving forward

winger needed (Chiesa for me, but likely impossible, so wide open, I have no plan C after the 2 impossible ones)

Lacroix for Rudiger replacement IF he leaves, and probably Milan Skriniar  to replace Thiago (as Skriniar is back to WC and Bastoni just said he will never leave Italy until late in career)

Marquinhos is likely another pipe dream

and Barella (probably impossible BUT the most likely of all the hardest pulls) to replace one of Jorginho or (as he WILL age out eventually) Kante

Bellingham in that mix too

I have NO clue was to RB/RWB, there just are not any great ones available, it is a HUGE problem, maybe we are forced to go for Matty Cash

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

All the good vibes form a few weeks ago have been sapped for me personally. It’s especially worrying how poor EVERY one of our attacking players look. Not a single one is playing well. Literally all 3 attacking player we bought last summer looks a shadow of what they were before coming to Chelsea. 

Werner was one of the most lethal strikers in the world, Ziyech was an incredible magician who put up silly numbers, and Kai was a silky wonder kid who could score and assist at a hugely impressive level. A year and a half later and none of them are even half the player we had hoped.

Even Mr. Consistent himself Mason Mount has been poor this season.

Our midfield signing this summer has fallen behind RLC and Ross fucking Barkley in the pecking order. Two players we couldn’t GIVE away this summer. 

Depressing as hell. If we don’t get 3 points this weekend and in impressive fashion we could really spiral here.

They were scoring against Maltese teams.
Here it's different and against Juve.
But we are too predictable.
Lukaku too. He is more productive, he cannot miss the amount of chances as Werner or Morata were missing, but our movements when near the box have remained the same.

That pivot Lukaku did and then missed was not good at all. He had to be feeling the pressure that he may not get another shot like that. I don’t know? Trying to let the moment pass without a knee jerk reaction. We are a damn good team having a rough patch this last week.

Last season we lost almost every big game with Alonso in starting (except for the freak city away game) 

Other than him thevonly notable personal change is lukaku. Both players prevent us from playing the gameplay that was so so successful in the CL run. Fast paced you get attacking with occasional high press and maximum intensity. 
really should make some changes here. Does not take a genius to figure this out 

We need a fabregas type player. Too many similar no.10 type players who can’t pick nice passes consistently. Players play it too safe. Our obsession with retaining possession rather than playing first time balls, risky balls is slowing down every aspect of our play. We have players like havertz and ziyech dropping deep to do diddly squat and expect players like alonso and azpi to act like wingers to occupy the spaces they left.

Fair to say I am a little worried for Saturday now.

3 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Yay it ended..

I think people over estimated us. A lot...

This.

Even last season, it's actually strange.

I still really remembered the way we play in the final game in EPL against aston villa, it was really really important game but how we actually play, shit and dire performance. Struggle and our attacking is very toothless.

Though against city and madrid in ucl we were so damn brilliant, but in the match against aston villa and so many other matches in epl aswell, that actually shown our team has so many ACTUAL limitation and has so many ACTUAL problem

52 minutes ago, dimmas said:

This.

Even last season, it's actually strange.

I still really remembered the way we play in the final game in EPL against aston villa, it was really really important game but how we actually play, shit and dire performance. Struggle and our attacking is very toothless.

Though against city and madrid in ucl we were so damn brilliant, but in the match against aston villa and so many other matches in epl aswell, that actually shown our team has so many ACTUAL limitation and has so many ACTUAL problem

We was decent/good and very good/amazing against real and city.

but, yeah, peole overestimate us.