Juventus 1-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

23 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I know Saul is a project, but after what RLC showed for 15 minutes....I would be investing in his return.

Ruben has hardly done anything, his “return in form” has been largely exaggerated. He still hasn’t done anything of note to prove he is worthy of being a regular here. Where as Saul has proven himself over the last however many years at Atletico and whilst he has struggled so far, give him some time yet. He will come good, hes far too good not to.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ruben has hardly done anything, his “return in form” has been largely exaggerated. He still hasn’t done anything of note to prove he is worthy of being a regular here. Where as Saul has proven himself over the last however many years at Atletico and whilst he has struggled so far, give him some time yet. He will come good, hes far too good not to.

RLC was able to handle the players pressing him in the 15 minutes he played and controlled the ball. Saul has not shown that yet. I am all for Saul returning to form, but if you are going to determine game minutes by how they are currently doing, RLC is ahead of Saul imo. RLC is still a young man who can make his game better.

19 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

And none of this concerns me because we have such a big squad depth.

With all these players out we will still have one of Ziyech/Havertz/Werner on the bench. Two of RLC/Saul/Jorginho/Kovacic and one of Silva/Chris/Azpi/CHO...

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

RLC was able to handle the players pressing him in the 15 minutes he played and controlled the ball. Saul has not shown that yet. I am all for Saul returning to form, but if you are going to determine game minutes by how they are currently doing, RLC is ahead of Saul imo. RLC is still a young man who can make his game better.

He turns 26 in about three months. He hasn´t done anything notable in his career and with his technical limitations I doubt his game will get better. As sad as it sounds I think people should accept that he won´t become a starting player at a club. 

1 minute ago, Beigl said:

He turns 26 in about three months. He hasn´t done anything notable in his career and with his technical limitations I doubt his game will get better. As sad as it sounds I think people should accept that he won´t become a starting player at a club. 

It could be the case. I am still hopeful that Conor and Billy get there. RLC was looking the real deal before the achilles injury. CHO has also leveled off from his promising future.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Wow…. The thing is though, if a professional footballer cannot handle being pressed/taking the ball under pressure in moments of games he shouldn’t be a professional footballer.

And its not even just about taking the ball under pressure, its what can you do with it. For Ruben, the end product has been as big a concern as his fitness throughout his career at spells here, Palace and Fulham. I dont care if he can take the ball on the half turn and beat 5 players because if he cannot provid key passes, goals or assists in the final third, for someone who is seen as an attacking midfielder then that makes him a problem.

Aye Saul had a poor game v Villa, Tuchel got that wrong, he openly said he thougut he was ready and he wasn’t. Saul when he gets up to speed will surprise a lot of people though, had an indifferent campaign maybe last season by his usual accounts but still played virtually every minute in a title winning team. Ruben had a full pre season here also, Saul signed on deadline day, so he may need some time to get accustomed to the group and the PL.

Saul has had two unimpressive outings. Both times he could not handle the press. As harsh as you are criticizing RLC, that needs to be applied to all. Saul may come good, he may not. The only thing I have said is game time needs to be earned. So far RLC has been more composed and less of a liability. 

Ruben 'bodied' Foden and dribbling in transition the only reason people want him to start. What happened after he dribbled in transition? Had his head down and played it safe. He did it at Palace and was criticised. He did it at Fulham and was criticised.  Does the same thing as Kovacic except Kovacic is more disciplined in this system, and at the very least Kovacic has somewhat improved his final ball this season, although still horrid. 

As I alluded to, Saul on form is the most complete of our midfielders. He will be more important long term this season so it is crucial we get him up to speed. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bamford said:

was he fully vaxxed?

if not, then he is a fucking cunt

any and all of them who are not fully vaxxed are fucking cunts

I am NOT drawing a line between sports and the rest of life and giving football players a pass

51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

was he fully vaxxed?

if not, then he is a fucking cunt

any and all of them who are not fully vaxxed are fucking cunts

I am NOT drawing a line between sports and the rest of life and giving football players a pass

But it doesn't stop you catching it.. So why are you so angry? 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

if he cannot provid key passes, goals or assists in the final third, for someone who is seen as an attacking midfielder then that makes him a problem.

This is weird coming from you because you always jump on every criticism towards Mount about same thing.