Chelsea 0-1 Manchester City

ZAPHOD2319

I would not read too much into it, 4 months ago, in a much bigger game, they were truly beaten by pretty much the same team (minus the summer additions). We were too respectful and defensive the first half, that cost us. Upwards and onwards.

They wanted revenge for us beating them in the last 3 meets. Their press was insane, they had Oliver on their side, and James going off neutered our wing back attack. Thats our one defeat out the way. Onwards and upwards. KTBFFH

47 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

They wanted revenge for us beating them in the last 3 meets. Their press was insane, they had Oliver on their side, and James going off neutered our wing back attack. Thats our one defeat out the way. Onwards and upwards. KTBFFH

You're taking this very calmly bruv🤭

Oliver was a sort of 12th player for Citeh, but they did outplay us.
I did n't like this more than I did n't like the 0-1 defeat.
It means they have a faster moving squad.
If you look at the facts we still have the Lampard wall team minus Lampard plus Tuchel plus Rom.
More is needed and after all our opponents are Citeh, PSG and Bayern. It's not ... United as some people suggest or Villa.

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

You're taking this very calmly bruv🤭

Used to go mad after a defeat -from smashing up away towns, to still being in a bad mood in work on a Monday, now not zen like, but over it an hour or two. Carefree 🤨

Didnt deserve a win atleast with the way we started, not sure why we sat back in the first half. We allowed them to take control, be confident and execute their plans well. Started to play with more purpose after the goal but couldnt really make any real impact in the final third. More importantly they seem more determined for longer spell in the game. 

Since we're early in the season, this should be lesson learned kind of match and strength it. The team has potential to go all the way. 

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Didnt deserve a win atleast with the way we started, not sure why we sat back in the first half. We allowed them to take control, be confident and execute their plans well. Started to play with more purpose after the goal but couldnt really make any real impact in the final third. More importantly they seem more determined for longer spell in the game. 

Since we're early in the season, this should be lesson learned kind of match and strength it. The team has potential to go all the way. 

They held back a bit after the goal, also got tired.
But could we with a more attacking formation have challenged them in the first half ? That's a conjecture.
Anyway as I said City is one of only three teams in the world that can take on Chelsea and we really needed some more new blood in the summer - not just Rom.

8 hours ago, cosmicway said:

They held back a bit after the goal, also got tired.
But could we with a more attacking formation have challenged them in the first half ? That's a conjecture.
Anyway as I said City is one of only three teams in the world that can take on Chelsea and we really needed some more new blood in the summer - not just Rom.

It is not a conjecture, u win a game of football when u score so if you're not going to push then your surely not winning. We started that push only after they hit us and were not clinical. So maybe they were tired guess that will apply to us as well but we still came out in the second half. 

Yes agreed on City being one of the few teams who can beat us ... but just having new blood every summer is not going to change it. Our investment in the last 2 years has been nothing but excellent and have achieved results as well. I sure there will be more coming in but not all at once kind of approach. 

8 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

It is not a conjecture, u win a game of football when u score so if you're not going to push then your surely not winning. We started that push only after they hit us and were not clinical. So maybe they were tired guess that will apply to us as well but we still came out in the second half. 

Yes agreed on City being one of the few teams who can beat us ... but just having new blood every summer is not going to change it. Our investment in the last 2 years has been nothing but excellent and have achieved results as well. I sure there will be more coming in but not all at once kind of approach. 

Azpi says we could n't find the spaces.
Also during the transfer window CFC spent only 15 m. 110 we paid for Lukaku - 95 we got from Abraham, Zouma, Tomori ... = 15.
The previous summer we were banned and the one before we got Morata-Pato.
Overall I can't say I 'm satisfied.

4 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Azpi says we could n't find the spaces.
Also during the transfer window CFC spent only 15 m. 110 we paid for Lukaku - 95 we got from Abraham, Zouma, Tomori ... = 15.
Overall I can't say I 'm satisfied.

We didnt hence why we lost. We didnt create one to start with and as I said before we allowed them to dictate the game ... a side like City if you give them too much respect they wouldnt let u come up. 

We spend the money on players who we needed to built a team, a winning side. Last season we won the Champions league and this year we are already touted as the team who can replace the champions (a little too much for me). 

But we still want more players because we can :) ... we're never satisfied, mate never satisfied. 

4 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

We didnt hence why we lost. We didnt create one to start with and as I said before we allowed them to dictate the game ... a side like City if you give them too much respect they wouldnt let u come up. 

We spend the money on players who we needed to built a team, a winning side. Last season we won the Champions league and this year we are already touted as the team who can replace the champions (a little too much for me). 

But we still want more players because we can :) ... we're never satisfied, mate never satisfied. 

CFC board are notorious crab-sters.

36 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Can't even count how many incorrect infos are there. 

On 25/09/2021 at 21:51, Simon1991 said:

Yeah, i'm sure it's not something our 20+ physios are looking at when picking a line-pup, get a grip please.

"All of our midfielders are out of form.  Lukaku efect."

Wut?

It's pretty unrealistic to expect player to have good game against top team when he spent easier games sitting on the bench. Same goes for Chilwell.

Lukaku effect indeed. Look at our team in CL final against this team. And look at the team that started defending it against Zenit. Do you see changes?

We had three attacking players who were interchanging, passing between them, creating chances (not finishing them), pressing, recovering ball and so on. Now we have two attackers and finisher who is there waiting for that ball to put behind net but does very little  to recover it. 

In CL our full backs/wing backs were James and Chilwell, fast players in their 20s whose prime task was to defend, and attack later. Even if they weren't perfect we changed them with worse.

Now we have Alonso and Azpi as our fullbacks /wingbacks.  Slow players in their30s whose main task is to provide final ball to Lukaku and interchange with two attackers first (Alonso) . And defend later. We are more vulnerable in defense, even if we continue with five at the back.

Granted James was wingback against City until injured, but wasn't wingback against Zenit or Spurs. Havertz is on the left, Werner was on the right. Rare are the ones who remained in their positions.

This team is formed to bring the best of our golden finisher, who is paid 200 mill to shine against Burnley and Wolverhampton. CL final team is dismantled for that purpose and people question why is everybody out of form.

And yet, despite all the changes we play with ten man against top teams with our star walking around while we are out of possesion.

Edited by laura90