Chelsea 0-1 Manchester City

ZAPHOD2319

TT said we lacked belief and we sure did, also every 50/50 went their way the lucky cunts. They were on it and we were way way off, it can happen. No space for doom and gloom after such a good start, a very heavy schedule I may add. We will go on.

7 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

It's 1 game against arguably one of the best clubs in World Football... 

Ever heard the expression making mountains out of molehills?

We saw a similar thing with Conte. This type of negativity affects the players long terms. His post match pressure is what truly worries me. Happy with the display before the goal. 

Pivotal player in our last win over them was sitting on the bench. Havertz.

Werner didn't have match under his belt this season, only two ten minutes sub appearances. And he starts the toughest game of them all - was he even match fit?

All of our midfielders are out of form.  Lukaku efect.

It's only matter of time before teams start attacking through Alonso. We saw glimpses of it today. It wont be а pleasant sight.

Lukaku has to continue his goal string again 'small' teams or we are in danger to be found out really soon. It's not this loss that is worrying. It's the weaknesses it showed.

Edited by laura90

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We saw a similar thing with Conte. This type of negativity affects the players long terms. His post match pressure is what truly worries me. Happy with the display before the goal. 

Yeah, hope that isn't a trend. I like that he's willing to try different methods, but hoping he doesn't settle on this one.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Yeah, hope that isn't a trend. I like that he's willing to try different methods, but hoping he doesn't settle on this one.

Only saving grace is that after the FA Cup final against Leicester, he didn't try that shit ever again. Hoping this is the same. 

Well, we just played one of the most difficult matches of the season and we lost just one point on Liverpool and did not lose any to Man United who both had an easier fixture.

Learn from this and go get some winning run now.

25 minutes ago, Milan said:

Well, we just played one of the most difficult matches of the season and we lost just one point on Liverpool and did not lose any to Man United who both had an easier fixture.

Learn from this and go get some winning run now.

Exactly. It could be very worst. 

2 hours ago, laura90 said:

Werner didn't have match under his belt this season, only two ten minutes sub appearances. And he starts the toughest game of them all - was he even match fit?

It's only matter of time before teams start attacking through Alonso. We saw glimpses of it today. It wont be а pleasant sight.

Lukaku has to continue his goal string again 'small' teams or we are in danger to be found out really soon. It's not this loss that is worrying. It's the weaknesses it showed.

Mostly agreed, but we play with 3 at the back, so alonso being attacked should be totally fine.

The issue however, is that smart managers will block him from creating, which is what alonso is a creator in the team, which will render him useless. Then tuchel will prob bring chilwell back.

that lukaku first touch (sic) in the first half is now imprinted in my brain. 🥺

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, laura90 said:

Yeah, i'm sure it's not something our 20+ physios are looking at when picking a line-pup, get a grip please.

"All of our midfielders are out of form.  Lukaku efect."

Wut?

6 games - 4 of them vs Liverpool (away-draw), Arsenal (away-win) , Spuds(away-win) and Citeh   .

Tough games  on the start of the season and we are for just one point behind 1st place .

the others have not yet played each other while  Chelsea  have a great program  next matches 

Im optimistic .

Edited by milka

32 minutes ago, milka said:

6 games - 4 of them vs Liverpool (away-draw), Arsenal (away-win) , Spuds(away-win) and Citeh   .

Tough games  on the start of the season and we are for just one point behind 1st place .

the others have not yet played each other while  Chelsea  have a great program  next matches 

Im optimistic .

City beat Liverpool next week they’ve played as many rivals as we have and level on points…

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

City beat Liverpool next week they’ve played as many rivals as we have and level on points…

Yeah, the main reason I'm disappointed was because this was our home against them. Should have done more to at least get a point.

But anyway, last season they also beat us at the Bridge and we went onto win away. Also, City played Arsenal at home and also drew to Southampton, whom we face next. Need to take advantage where they didn't.

Beaten by the better side and without a plan b this was always a possible scenario. They’re still smarting over denying them their place at the champions league top table,so it was payback I guess. TT says the loss is on him . I agree.

This was a game as a marker to see how far we had come, and to see if we could be challengers for the title.

We failed miserably it showed just how superior shitty are and destined for the title yet again whilst we battle it out for 2nd with VictimPool and Manure.

We need WB's left and right, sadly Chilwell isn't up to the job he's just a LB, and we can't play Dave as a RWB and whatsmore Dave and Alonso left and right is a disaster, maybe against lower teams but against top quality we need top quality.

And what is the point of paying all that money for Rom if not going to feed him, we just wern't playing him into the game.

I still believe in Tommy but he needs to the tatics sorted, our next bigee is Juve next week, let's see what we've learned there.

Then after that we've got the fucking internationals yet again, seems they're coming round every three weeks fucking up club games [boy do I hate them]

Oh and I want to start a campaign to get Southgate out he's another Steve Mclaren with out a brolly, how the media called Euro20/21 a success is beyond me we failed miserably because Southgate is a bottler, if we cant win a competition on home soil we ain't gonna win it anywhere.

Sorry really digressed there, went into one.🤐

Edited by bigbluewillie