Chelsea 0-1 Manchester City

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

Also slightly off-topic from the match itself, looks like RLC is moving ahead of Saul Niguez in the pecking order. Not that it wasn't obvious from the last two matches.

Yes, bringing Saul was pointless. 

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Massive wake up call. As a pure footballing side we are miles behind City. The passing and moving, the triangles, the extreme comfort on the ball. They’re miles ahead in those departments. And the biggest gulf is how many chances they create in the final third compared to us. They carved us open and would’ve scored 4 had it not been for Mendy being brilliant.

We looked clueless going forward the few times we actually did. Aimless crosses hoping Rom could bail us out.

We beat them three times in a row.
We beat them 1-0 in the final - did n't smash them and they did show the qualities you say. So no one was asleep and we did n't think City is easy prey for CFC.
Today Tuchel's system was to give them territory and strike towards the end, but they did manage to score the billiard ball goal (it was just like Kante's against Spurs).

Bad result but my takeaways:

1) Touchel is entitled to make one tactical mistake. Lets hope we learn and move on.....definitely not the end of the world.

2) I think we are about to see the revival of RLC's career. I have a feeling he is going to play a big part in the rest of the season.

3) I think Lukaku had a great game under the circumstances.

4) I so hope James is not out for long

5) Remember we are on very easy run of games now in Premier league, we will get back to  top spot soon

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Well to be fair its only on loan, so it looks like they knew what they were doing.

If RLC can maintain this form, then Chelsea are good.

Another player to dribble in transition and offer zero end product. 

We already have two of those. 

Wake up call doesn’t mean the sky is falling. Just that we have quite a ways to go before we can deal with extreme press reliably and link our midfield and strikers. 

We should be bouncing straight back with our PL fixtures coming up. But these are the sort of shit teams in terrible runs we fucked up against last season.

Don't rate Kovacic at all, needs replaced, seen someone post he was playing out of his skin. Think he made one decent run the entire game which consisted of him running into space because City pressed too high in possession. 

Azpi needs to go back into the back three for Christensen.
Christensen needs plugged asap, not sure how he's getting in games. Was getting ran ragged and could have lost more goals than we did purely down to him. (If you are keeping Azpi in the midfield, get Chilwell on for Christensen and swap him to LCB for Rudiger to go RCB) 
James needs flogged to Southampton or something.
Formations a bit of a mess, got defenders in the midfield with two defensive midfielders in the middle, nothing in the middle to go through, fair enough Mount provides a key role, but injury rules him out.
Havertz and Werner combined in his place did nothing for us.
Jorginho and Kova both doing nothing special for me, game in game out, they are not attacking midfielders, Jorginho a much better creator/playmaker than Kova, but seems out of place with the formation/role he seems to be in, never seems to be outside of our own half, half the time.
Lampard was one in a million it seems, hard to find an attacking mid who can do what he done.
But neither of them can beat players, got out skilled in the midfield massively today.

Got wing backs as part of the midfield, isn't working.
LW and RW in Werner and Havertz, like watching championship players, need replaced asap, 5/6 out of 10 performances every game.

Mount out through injury a massive blow.

Havertz lacks first touch, can't beat a man and can't shoot, struggling to see what he brings to games.
Werner has pace to run it down the line, but nothing at the end of it. Can't beat a man and his passing/crossing and finishing less than 60 out of 100.
Lukaku is a great finisher, but the service he got today non-existent, can see why he's frustrated. 
Kovacic- is making passes, but really gets caught out far too often, thought he was terrible against spurs. An 80 rated FIFA midfielder. Need a Lampard, can't see him developing any better.

Game was already over, but twice as done with LC came on, a midfield version of Peter Crouch, needs sold to a Championship side.

6 out of 10 performance "Not great, not terrible" seems to describe most of the above players most games.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Exactly and managers are the same as players, capable of getting it wrong/making a mistake but ultimately the first 45 minutes as negative as it was, still was 0-0. Barring a deflection probably remained 0-0. So did he really get it woefully wrong? Similar to Contes approach v City in his second season, again lost 1-0 but was same argument. 

Maybe a bit wrong but woefully wrong? You’d think we got skelped 5 or 6-0. 

End of the day 3 points lost on game week 6 wont decide anything.

This same City team lost embarrassingly to Spurs at the season's start.

They also had a terrible start last season only to win the title at a canter.

So yep, 3 points on week 6 doesn't do anything.

Just disappointed as a fan. Because this was the second big game of the season, possibly most difficult, and we lost it at home because we setup so negatively.

14 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Lukaku looked a constant threat. Who do you think might have scored ? Ziyetch ?

Then we're going to have to agree to disagree, i felt he wasnt a constant threat today, for me he did ok. Not Ziyech, Havertz. But its all hypothetical now. 

Very happy with the teams performance this season so far. We move forward. KTBFFH

Just now, Vesper said:

this alone is one of the stupidest comments I have seen since the season started

Right back at you with yours if your rating Christensen as a good defender.

I would clip his many failings in that game if I had the means to easily do it.

What do you feel he actually brings to the back three other than heading?

Getting dragged out of position and leaving gaps, plus getting outran, cause he has no pace, but crack on, your favourite player is Kova so I'll leave it there.

1 minute ago, gdlk said:

If we want to play that system 343 we need better lwb, fast with good ball controll. 

I thought that was what he were getting when we plonked down £45m on Chilwell

doesn't seem to be working out that way atm

The only big concern about the last several matches (even those we’ve won) is that opponents now know there’s a clear way to really disrupt and  get at us. Liverpool, Spuds in the first half, Villa, and now City. If you play with super high energy and press like maniacs you will find joy against Chelsea.  Fortunately, not every team has the ridiculous talent that City have so we haven’t been punished until today. 

Every opponent is likely going to at least try to do this now and see if they can rattle us with an early goal.

Just now, Frosty TRC said:

Right back at you with yours if your rating Christensen as a good defender.

I would clip his many failings in that game if I had the means to easily do it.

What do you feel he actually brings to the back three other than heading?

Getting dragged out of position and leaving gaps, plus getting outran, cause he has no pace, but crack on, your favourite player is Kova so I'll leave it there.

go back to the kiddie board m8