Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

40 minutes ago, Jas said:

@Milan I forgot to mention this:

Wore the new kit = Lost the FA Cup final

Wore the current/old kit = Won the Champions League final

Also won 2/3 Champions League finals wearing that particular season's kit. 

😛

Yeah, can’t fight with that lol.

Hopefully, next season we will have a similar ‘problem’ 🙃

5 hours ago, Jas said:

@Milan I forgot to mention this:

Wore the new kit = Lost the FA Cup final

Wore the current/old kit = Won the Champions League final

Also won 2/3 Champions League finals wearing that particular season's kit. 

😛

No, we won 2/2 CL finals wearing the season's kit. We lost 2008 and in the 2008/9 kits. 

Can't remmeber us ever winning a final in our kits for the next season. Maybe that is also why we usually lose the community shield, it is usually the first game of the new season. The first game in a new kit is usually a wirte off confirmed lol

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

No, we won 2/2 CL finals wearing the season's kit. We lost 2008 and in the 2008/9 kits. 

Can't remmeber us ever winning a final in our kits for the next season. Maybe that is also why we usually lose the community shield, it is usually the first game of the new season. The first game in a new kit is usually a wirte off confirmed lol

FA CUP 2010

34 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

That's what I basically said. We won 2 out of the 3 Champions League finals by wearing that particular season's kit. 2011/12 kit for the 2012 final and 2020/21 for the 2021 final.

54 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I'm usually not a fan of using the next season's kit prematurely. This year it was worse than usual for me because that meant more matches played using the ugliest Chelsea kit I've ever seen.

Edited by different level

3 minutes ago, different level said:

I'm usually not a fan of using the next season's kit prematurely. This year it was worse than usual for me because that meant more matches played using the ugliest Chelsea kit I've ever seen.

lol similar here. I think the 2020/21 kit was alright. a bit boring but classy enough, I also liked that it was overall a bit darker than usual looked so much more sophisticated that most other teams' kits. But the new one is way too edgy for me. I have met a few ppl who love it for the same reason. I mean at least it is individual enough but no one liked this 60ies style ever

21 minutes ago, Jas said:

That's what I basically said. We won 2 out of the 3 Champions League finals by wearing that particular season's kit. 2011/12 kit for the 2012 final and 2020/21 for the 2021 final.

ah fair enough, misunderstood it.

1 hour ago, different level said:

I dont get how someone designed it and got approved for it! It's bloody awful. Know some will like it or buy it just because but can next years not be like that

On 08/06/2021 at 15:47, Atomiswave said:

Another Feroze masterclass

Don't like the against all odds angle to this one.

A surprise maybe but it wasn't against all odds and we haven't really had any perceived luck all tournament.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Don't like the against all odds angle to this one.

A surprise maybe but it wasn't against all odds and we haven't really had any perceived luck all tournament.

That is true, but the production itself is quality.....he is a producer I think

17 days later ...... 

Still pretty insane how Chelsea won a Champions League title during our ‘rebuilding’ period.

We had zero chance this team to  winning anything in   January  and   four months later we hold the Champions League trophy  like that - The  Chelsea way.

31 minutes ago, milka said:

17 days later ...... 

Still pretty insane how Chelsea won a Champions League title during our ‘rebuilding’ period.

We had zero chance this team to  winning anything in   January  and   four months later we hold the Champions League trophy  like that - The  Chelsea way.

I put it on TT, guy is insane. 

I know you can say we won it with RDM, but back then it was the players. 

Today the players are not the level of the players that we had back then. Terry, Lampard, Drogba. Nowhere near that quality. Only one who falls under that bracket right now is Kante. 

But this season it was all about the manager, what he has done is amazing. Now looking forward to what he can do this new season. If we get the players he wants then we should challenge for PL, and CL well winning it two times in a role is a hard so I will say go far in the competition. Quarters or Semis.