Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

Jase

Whilst it would not be ideal to take it to the City game, we do have 2 bites of the cherry at Champions League football next season. 

Bar City, every other club would trade places with us. 2 finals, and in our hands for top 4. 

United would even trade with us for a shot at the Champions League final.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Eh what? What do you mean? Team selection? Approach to the game? This makes no sense either way.

If its team selection, arguably 7 of the guys who started tonight would be in with a shout of starting the cup finals so quite honestly, your talking nonsense if you mean the starting 11. From tonight: James, Chilwell, Azpi, Thiago Silva, Mount, Jorginho, then one of Havertz/Pulisic, who have all been prominent with Tuchel.

Performance we didnt exactly sit off them for 90 minutes or let them have the ball either. So what do you mean took them too lightly? 

Lets be honest either way, people remember cup and trophy wins more than finishing 4th in the PL regardless also so if he had prioritised the weekend then fine but would severely disagree that he’s prioritised it on the basis of that starting 11 tonight. Some changes yes but necessary because we have played every 3 days for god knows how long now and also have 4 other games in 2 weeks. 

Also lets forget the whole reaction last season when we limped to top 4 on the last day as if it was a major achievement despite having a 12 point gap and sitting 3rd for a period months back. The overreaction is huge. If we win both cup finals and don’t get top 4 nobody will give a fuck. If we get top 4 and dont win the cup finals people will care more about the cup finals.

Its all about CL next season. Get that and everybody should be satisfied with the season. Any trophy on top of that would of course make for a great season.

No CL and things will be very different for a manager on a short contract.

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

I think the backline change played a part in the goal itself, esp goalie. It's all connected.

Just to be clear, I'm not overly critical of the starting XI, just slightly the second half since arsenal had already moved to a very low block.

Just unlucky with the bad pass, gk positioning (a bit weird). Arsenal kid even missed the shot and was lucky it went in.

Even with the backline changes, it all still came down from a simple stupid error from Jorginho. 

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if pool beat manure and we lose to leister in the epl

our top 4 hopes are hanging by a thread

Yarp..and Liverpool would play day after us . So like say we lose Tues and they win that one.. we won't be top 4 no more...

Hopefully Man U can win tomorrow but Liverpool have a huge lifeline. They're not going to roll over.

Edited by Laylabelle

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Yarp..and Liverpool play Weds. So like say we lose Tues and they win that one.. we won't be top 4 no more...

Damn I need those answers NOW haha, I can't stand waiting to see the results, today, tomorrow, the day after, next week. Just finish the season already!!

these trainwreck ram job end of season schedules are massively unfair to top teams who are in cups as well

it can wrech a whole year's effort all becuase you force teams to play crucial league games with almost zero rest

we cannot play our best side 

manure cannot

citeh cannot

etc etc

pool just can sit back and go full blast as they have no cups now

same for West ham

same for spuds

Leicester other than the fa cup

its SO stupid as the games could be spaced out so you do not play games on two days rest

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Damn I need those answers NOW haha, I can't stand waiting to see the results, today, tomorrow, the day after, next week. Just finish the season already!!

If tommrow goes the way we expect..be fineee. Unfortunately...probably not!

3 minutes ago, chippy said:

Its all about CL next season. Get that and everybody should be satisfied with the season. Any trophy on top of that would of course make for a great season.

Have we become Arsenal?

4 minutes ago, chippy said:

yes, the EL is a fucking league title chances torture test

massive number of games

often 1000's of kilometres away in shit rathole dumpsters

11 minutes ago, Jas said:

Tuchel needs to make up his mind. One minute he says he needs to make changes because the players are tired, some are at risk of injuries and the next, he's not happy with making too many changes. Christ!

well, do you think Odoi's performance was acceptable? I mean I expected him to show desire and intensity at the very least, and yet it was just an insipid showing all around.

Let's not forget we mostly dominated the game. Had a clear cut chance while still zeroes.

9 minutes ago, Jas said:

Even with the backline changes, it all still came down from a simple stupid error from Jorginho. 

well, yes, but the GK was not where Jorginho assumed he was. Perhaps the starting one would've been there. I'm not saying Jorginho isn't wrong in making that assumption to being with tho. We will concede goals for any number of different reasons and we will need to find ways to score against teams who sit back like Arsenal did for the most part.

Guariola might have been reassured that we struggle against low defense lines, which he was likely going to use against us anyway (Werner + Pulisic pace).

The team loses a lot when Kante and Werner aren't on. I know the latter is controversial here, but not in my head. They both up the voltage of the entire team in a very obvious way to me.

Edited by robsblubot

4 minutes ago, chippy said:

Nope, it's all about the final this season.

Yes missing Champions League isn't ideal but it's not the absolute catastrophe that it would be for teams like Liverpool because I think Roman will still spend money and carry on strengthening us.

How rare is a Champions League final. We all know how hard that competition is to go all the way. It's potentially a once in a career opportunity for this group. That is without question the biggest thing now we're there.

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

The waiting is horrible lol. I would rather finish the league first and then focus on the rest. Just get the top 4 race done

Yes, its horrible sqweeky bum time now. But I'll take  that, knowing we've got really big things to play for, over being able to sit back and chillout like the Gooners do this time every year.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Nope, it's all about the final this season.

Yes missing Champions League isn't ideal but it's not the absolute catastrophe that it would be for teams like Liverpool because I think Roman will still spend money and carry on strengthening us.

How rare is a Champions League final. We all know how hard that competition is to go all the way. It's potentially a once in a career opportunity for this group. That is without question the biggest thing now we're there.

this. If we are out of the top 4 after the leicester league game. we should throw the villa game and put all eggs in the CL final basket. I don' think we have a chance of winning it bc of our goalscoring problem but you never know. rather win big lose big than win small lose big.

Anyway tomorrow Manure vs dippers will be massive. if Manure win we remain in control and today was just a blip.

Edited by Magic Lamps

Just now, robsblubot said:

well, do you think Odoi's performance was acceptable? I mean I expected him to show desire and intensity at the very least, and yet it was just an insipid showing all around.

Let's not forget we mostly dominated the game. Had a clear cut change while 

CHO was awful after he came on. Complete contrast to his sub appearance at the weekend. Little wonder why Tuchel hasn't been playing him.

I just don't understand why Tuchel seems to be flip-flopping over his changes. It was still a strong XI but the standards weren't there. None of the players turned up and apart from a few of them, don't think anyone staked a claim to start on Saturday.

Easy to question in hindsight, especially a split second decision but once Kepa handled it on the line it was leading to an indirect free kick on the 6 yard box if they didn't make use of the run of play the ref called. With that in mind when Kepa could only really scoop it back into the danger zone, he might as well have scooped the ball back in and held it.