Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

Jase

Maybe this is what we needed as a team. We've been talked up the last week after battering Madrid and knocking off City as near invincible and this will hopefully bring us back down to ground and in full focus for the end of the season.

We responded well from the West Brom game and didn't really look back.

Time to go again, everything is still in our hands which we would have taken with both hands a few weeks ago.

This was not our best starting XI, but I understand why we rested a few players.

There were fairly poor performances everywhere. Yes, Jorginho made a costly mistake, which allowed arsenal to move to a super low block which reduces spaces for our pacy attackers. However, we had plenty of time to turn it around.

Thought Giroud and Alonso should have started the second half, but a lot easier in hindsight (and still no guarantees).

We are competing in too many fronts. There is a cost for that, but I still rather be in our situation than Arsenal's (or Liverpool) who are just thinking PL.

Edited by robsblubot

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we lose v Leicester I would start worrying about the season going up in smoke. 

if pool beat manure and we lose to leister in the epl

our top 4 hopes are hanging by a thread

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I think it's a calculated risk. If he looses The FA Cup final and CL final... his job is on the line even with top 4 secured. 

After that load of cack, if we blow top four as well, then his job might very well be on the line.

He took Arsendl too lightly and put more importance on the Cup than a CL place. Just  inexcusable from such an experienced manager!

Remember, he's only on an 18 month contract as well, so things are now very dodgy for him.

Justo ahora, Mana dijo:

This game was as big as the FA Cup final. Because now we must get 5 points in 2 games to guarantee 4th place.

If Pool beat United tomorrow we are in trouble.

6 points v Leicester and Villa? Wouldn’t start panicking we should be favourites and more than capable of beating both. Plus I have a feeling United will probably end up extending their unbeaten run tomorrow, a Utd win would be great but even a draw makes it harder for Liverpool. We will see tomorrow I suppose.

The level has to go up again but as someone said look at the reaction after the WBA game, which was a lot worse than tonight performance wise. Plus 2 big finals as well we have to treat these last 4 games all as finals. As we should of been anyway after beating City because we have everything to play for.

I don’t care if we fail to buy anyone else this summer, for the love of god we better pay whatever it fucking takes to sign a world class striker. As the commentator mentioned during this game our highest scorer has 6 league goals. We also have the highest number of chances created in the league. So we have all the players to load the gun and nobody to fire it.

Watching us too many times is like seeing someone smacking a brick wall with a hammer. Pound and pound it with zero piercing finish.

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

One result changes the whole feeling around the team. Awful performance for the most part and we literally gifted Arsenal the win.

Massive double header against Leicester now.

The FA Cup pails next to the importance of the league game now!

let the hating begin

but

IF we

finish 5th or worse

blow the FA Cup

blow the CL final

I am quite likely on the verge of being Tuchel out

way too many fuck ups versus shit sides or only decent sides (like Leicester who are classic bottlers other than that title year, and to lose to them twice at end of season, and one of them for a trophy is FUCKED) if we blow all three

11 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

This was not our best starting XI, but I understand why we rested a few players.

There were fairly poor performances everywhere. Yes, Jorginho made a costly mistake, which allowed arsenal to move to a super low block which reduces spaces for our pacy attackers. However, we had plenty of time to turn it around.

Thought Giroud and Alonso should have started the second half, but a lot easier in hindsight (and still no guarantees).

We are competing in too many fronts. There is a cost for that, but I still rather be in our situation than Arsenal's (or Liverpool) who are just thinking PL.

Alonso should have played 100%. Chilwell doesn't run in behind unless he is forced too and offers zero attacking threat in the opposition box. I was kind of shocked he started as I thought Alonso would play this one and then Chilwell play both of the Leicester games. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I don’t care if we fail to buy anyone else this summer, for the love of god we better pay whatever it fucking takes to sign a world class striker. As the commentator mentioned during this game our highest scorer has 6 league goals. We also have the highest number of chances created in the league. So we have all the players to load the gun and nobody to fire it.

Watching us too many times is like seeing someone smacking a brick wall with a hammer. Pound and pound it with zero piercing finish.

Whatever happens here on in, a number of this team should be playing for thier future at the club next sesson. Too many have been very average or even regressed. 

You see players like CHO play like that tonight and its easy to start giving up hope on them making it here. He looked like a fecking division one player.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Havertz

jorginho

zouma

at fault for this. In that order 

no way

Jorginho at the top of that list, he was fucking shambolic

and fuck off Tuchel by poor line-up and bench

Mendy would have kicked that backass away

and Giroud should have started

Tuchel doesn't use him enough