Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

Followers 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jas said:

Have we become Arsenal?

they did the fucking double on us this year (and beat us 2 of the past 4 FA cup finals)

Edited by Vesper
  • Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope, it's all about the final this season. Yes missing Champions League isn't ideal but it's not the absolute catastrophe that it would be for teams like Liverpool because I think Roman will sti

I doubt United would even care to be honest (beat Liverpool). They got CL secured and they want players to be fresh for the EL final. If we had beaten Arsenal, not only West Ham are out of the ra

That was a horrid cross from CHO. Showing why he isn't playing. 

4 minutes ago, chippy said:

Its all about CL next season. Get that and everybody should be satisfied with the season. Any trophy on top of that would of course make for a great season.

No CL and things will be very different for a manager on a short contract.

Nope, it's all about the final this season.

Yes missing Champions League isn't ideal but it's not the absolute catastrophe that it would be for teams like Liverpool because I think Roman will still spend money and carry on strengthening us.

How rare is a Champions League final. We all know how hard that competition is to go all the way. It's potentially a once in a career opportunity for this group. That is without question the biggest thing now we're there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Milan said:

The waiting is horrible lol. I would rather finish the league first and then focus on the rest. Just get the top 4 race done

Yes, its horrible sqweeky bum time now. But I'll take  that, knowing we've got really big things to play for, over being able to sit back and chillout like the Gooners do this time every year.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yes missing Champions League isn't ideal but it's not the absolute catastrophe that it would be for teams like Liverpool because I think Roman will still spend money and carry on strengthening us.

How rare is a Champions League final. We all know how hard that competition is to go all the way. It's potentially a once in a career opportunity for this group. That is without question the biggest thing now we're there.

this. If we are out of the top 4 after the leicester league game. we should throw the villa game and put all eggs in the CL final basket. I don' think we have a chance of winning it bc of our goalscoring problem but you never know. rather win big lose big than win small lose big.

Anyway tomorrow Manure vs dippers will be massive. if Manure win we remain in control and today was just a blip.

Edited by Magic Lamps
Just now, robsblubot said:

well, do you think Odoi's performance was acceptable? I mean I expected him to show desire and intensity at the very least, and yet it was just an insipid showing all around.

Let's not forget we mostly dominated the game. Had a clear cut change while 

CHO was awful after he came on. Complete contrast to his sub appearance at the weekend. Little wonder why Tuchel hasn't been playing him.

I just don't understand why Tuchel seems to be flip-flopping over his changes. It was still a strong XI but the standards weren't there. None of the players turned up and apart from a few of them, don't think anyone staked a claim to start on Saturday.

• Like 1

Easy to question in hindsight, especially a split second decision but once Kepa handled it on the line it was leading to an indirect free kick on the 6 yard box if they didn't make use of the run of play the ref called. With that in mind when Kepa could only really scoop it back into the danger zone, he might as well have scooped the ball back in and held it.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they did the fucking double on us this year (and beat us 2 of the past 4 FA cup finals)

Well, we have been shit against them since the Mourinho season. Only THREE wins in the last 15 games against them! 

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Fair points.

But can we attract the level of player we need to challenge for the title without CL next season?

this defeat is all on TT.
1) we can't move the ball enough fast and to ahead.
2) Pulisic, CHO, Mount can't create nothing... so why take off havertz? take off pulisic and keep in 2  players into the area.
3) disappointed from several players, also james, chilwell, pulisic...

• Like 1

On a different note we should have had 3 pens and the corrupted refs did not even make an effort of pretending to consider them. havertz was clearly fouled twice and holding cleared a goal-bound shot with his hand which should have been a red card as well.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
6 minutes ago, Jas said:

CHO was awful after he came on. Complete contrast to his sub appearance at the weekend. Little wonder why Tuchel hasn't been playing him.

I just don't understand why Tuchel seems to be flip-flopping over his changes. It was still a strong XI but the standards weren't there. None of the players turned up and apart from a few of them, don't think anyone staked a claim to start on Saturday.

There was one moment near the end when CHO had  3 or  defenders tightly packed in front of him inside a packed penalty area and he ran straight at them and lost the ball. Just completely braindead football.

3 minutes ago, chippy said:

Fair points.

But can we attract the level of player we need to challenge for the title without CL next season?

Yes I think it's possible. We beat other teams to Kante when we didn't have European football (and he was in the Champions League with Leicester).

I think the question mark is who our targets are. For me the stand out striker options are Haaland and Kane and neither may be attainable with Champions League football anyway.

A lot of players I think can look past one season outside the Champions League if the project is attractive. We've got a young squad brimming with talent but not polished, and a top coach. Getting to the Champions League final is hard proof that we're there or thereabouts. A couple of additions to this squad and the younger players being a year older and more experienced, and I genuinely believe we've a serious title challenge in us. 

Just now, chippy said:

There was one moment near the end when CHO had  3 or  defenders tightly packed in front of him inside a packed penalty area and he ran straight at them and lost the ball. Just completely braindead football.

Said it earlier, I don't even know why we bother to play wingers if they aren't going to take players on and get to the byline. There were so many opportunities to do that and almost every time, CHO/Pulisic, would just slow things down or pass backward or pass to the congested midfield area. It was so infuriating!

With the way Arteta set Arsenal up tonight, you can imagine Brendan Rodgers will try to do something very similar this weekend. This game is like a test and a preview to the pain at the weekend!

Tuchel even admitted that he may have given signals to the players that he was having one eye on Saturday...

1 minute ago, Jas said:

With the way Arteta set Arsenal up tonight, you can imagine Brendan Rodgers will try to do something very similar this weekend. This game is like a test and a preview to the pain at the weekend!

Can Rodgers set his team up like that?

Arteta is a naturally negative manager. You only have to see how bad they were against Villareal when they needed to go for the win. He's also picked up some pretty decent results against the likes of Chelsea, United and City during his tenure.

Whilst Leicester carry a threat against a high line that we'll have to worry about, Rodgers will usually set his team up to play and try to take the initiative in a game. I don't think they will be able to play in such an organised way against us for 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

Fair interview, owned up to his mistakes with selection, though I thought before the match it was a good time to rotate, so more fool me. Tuchel also mentioned that he saw signs yesterday in training that players weren’t up for it and sadly it was proved right.

Laughable tweet by Henry Winter, typical hyperbole after a game that Arsenal were awful in and he mentions how they need to build around Smith Rowe.. Comical, bang average player who comes from their academy, yet ours are overlooked so often.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DH1988 said:

Fair interview, owned up to his mistakes with selection, though I thought before the match it was a good time to rotate, so more fool me. Tuchel also mentioned that he saw signs yesterday in training that players weren’t up for it and sadly it was proved right.

Funny thing is if we had won today, we would be praising him for his rotation, just like on Saturday.

In any case, Tuchel needs to give the players (and maybe himself too) a kick up the arse. Every remaining game matters and considering the fuck-up tonight, they better go win on Saturday! 

• Thanks 1
  • Jas changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal